Unexpect restart error

stu

Unexpect restart error
Just bought a brand new HP m8120n. I hooked it up saturday morning and so far
when i woke up yesterday and then again this morning there was an error
message saying the computer unexpectedly restarted. And my desktop was
rearranged. I checked the problem log and it said in both instances the
computer Blue Screened in the middle of the night.

Aside from all the updates from both windows and HP, the computer is out of
the box. No hardware swtiched our or installed/removed and no other software
loaded on to it.

Is this something that has been happening with new pcs with vista that i
need to go out and get an update for something? I am concerned there is some
bad piece of hardware in here and am thinking about taking it back to the
store tonight and exchanging it for another.
Rick Rogers

Re: Unexpect restart error
Hi,

Call HP for warranty support, a new machine should not behave in this
manner. It may be either hardware or software, difficult to tell from your
description, but if the unexpected restart occurs at the same time each
night, I would suspect a scheduled task as the culprit. Hardware errors are
more often found to be random and occur while the system is being stressed
(under moderate to heavy use).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/