Laptop White screen on inital boot.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeSBNYw==?=

Laptop White screen on inital boot.
See Below for initial issue. Please read it first, below the second paragraph.
I went to Dell for Driver thathopefully would fix the initial problem and
end up with this.

The problem is this.. When the machine boots all seems well until I try to
open
anything then, white screen with little color, the only thing that works,
oddly is to plug in an external monitor hit FN F8 to display on two screens
and all is well...until the next boot. Any ideas on this?
I feel I may have to wait until I install the Final Release. However, I
don't want this to be a problem then either.
I know don't believe this is a power issue.
After I go through the steps above I can run on batterry w/o screen problems.

Initial issue:

I love it (Vista) so far, but, I have one little problem. I do believe it has
to do with power. The computer I have Vista RC1 is a laptop, and on initial
boot my screen will nearly go white, then it recovers, and anytime I try to
run on battery I have the same issue. As long as it remains plugged in to AC
power, no problems.
Would this issue possibly be "fixed" with installation of the Final Release.
Just in case you need to know this is a DELL XPS M140, Display Adapter is
Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family.

Malke

Re: Laptop White screen on inital boot.
Mary Mc wrote:
> See Below for initial issue. Please read it first, below the second paragraph.
> I went to Dell for Driver thathopefully would fix the initial problem and
> end up with this.
>
> The problem is this.. When the machine boots all seems well until I try to
> open
> anything then, white screen with little color, the only thing that works,
> oddly is to plug in an external monitor hit FN F8 to display on two screens
> and all is well...until the next boot. Any ideas on this?
> I feel I may have to wait until I install the Final Release. However, I
> don't want this to be a problem then either.
> I know don't believe this is a power issue.
> After I go through the steps above I can run on batterry w/o screen problems.
>
> Initial issue:
>
> I love it (Vista) so far, but, I have one little problem. I do believe it has
> to do with power. The computer I have Vista RC1 is a laptop, and on initial
> boot my screen will nearly go white, then it recovers, and anytime I try to
> run on battery I have the same issue. As long as it remains plugged in to AC
> power, no problems.
> Would this issue possibly be "fixed" with installation of the Final Release.
> Just in case you need to know this is a DELL XPS M140, Display Adapter is
> Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family.

You will need to look at Dell's tech support website for your specific
model laptop. All the drivers and specialized laptop software (power
management, etc.) must come from Dell. The only way to find out if the
final version of Vista (and you should note that you aren't even running
the last version that was available before RTM) will be supported on
your laptop is to ask Dell. If the drivers and laptop software are
available on Dell's site for Vista, download them first. If they are
available now, you might want to download and install them, although I
would not depend on the same behavior in RC1 as in RTM. There were quite
a few changes between RC1 and RC2, even more changes between RC1 and RTM.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeSBNYw==?=

Re: Laptop White screen on inital boot.
I have downloaded some of the drivers necessary, but apparently not all of
them, or it could just be the release I'm using currently.
I'll not panic, just want to make sure all my "ducks are in a row" before
the big show. (No intention on the rhyme there).
thank you for the support!