Cannot run Two Devices Installation

RLK600

Cannot run Two Devices Installation
Hi,

I have Windows Vista Home Preminum and when I go to the Contrtol Panel and
click on "Add Hardware" I continually get the error message "Cannot Run Two
Devices Installation".

I have tried deleting my temporary folders, checking in my device manager
and rebooting, I even went back on system recovery for two weeks and to no
avail.

Please help with some suggestions ...

Thank you ... Robert
dean-dean

Re: Cannot run Two Devices Installation
Does this help? Note that the forum posts are pre-Vista, but it may be
relevant:

http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=65537

"RLK600" <RLK600@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows Vista Home Preminum and when I go to the Contrtol Panel and
> click on "Add Hardware" I continually get the error message "Cannot Run
> Two
> Devices Installation".
>
> I have tried deleting my temporary folders, checking in my device manager
> and rebooting, I even went back on system recovery for two weeks and to no
> avail.
>
> Please help with some suggestions ...
>
> Thank you ... Robert

RLK600

Re: Cannot run Two Devices Installation
Thanks for the quick reply, But unfurtunately, It does not help .. My Vista
does not have those entries in the regestry. I guess it has been a problem
since long ago ... I even did a seach for the entry "factory" and nothing
there ...

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Does this help? Note that the forum posts are pre-Vista, but it may be
> relevant:
>
> http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=65537
>
> "RLK600" <RLK600@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Windows Vista Home Preminum and when I go to the Contrtol Panel and
> > click on "Add Hardware" I continually get the error message "Cannot Run
> > Two
> > Devices Installation".
> >
> > I have tried deleting my temporary folders, checking in my device manager
> > and rebooting, I even went back on system recovery for two weeks and to no
> > avail.
> >
> > Please help with some suggestions ...
> >
> > Thank you ... Robert

dean-dean

Re: Cannot run Two Devices Installation
I'm not making any suggestions as to editing, but just investigating.

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Setup, what is the value data for
"OOBEInProgress" and for "CmdLine"? Do you have this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\CmdLine? or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\SetupType? or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\SetupShutdownRequi red?

This might help explain:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939857