dvd/cd rom

melissa

dvd/cd rom
okay. my lenovo tower computer at which i got through telus is not really
working the cd drive wont reconize that there is a cd in the drive and when i
go to deivice manager and look at the properties it stats this.

" Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
to see if there is a solution available."

and i still don't know what to do b/c i am unable to install anything that's
from a cd.
Malke

Re: dvd/cd rom
melissa wrote:
> okay. my lenovo tower computer at which i got through telus is not really
> working the cd drive wont reconize that there is a cd in the drive and when i
> go to deivice manager and look at the properties it stats this.
>
> " Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
>
> Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
> to see if there is a solution available."
>
> and i still don't know what to do b/c i am unable to install anything that's
> from a cd.

Is the drive seen in the BIOS? If not, with the computer unplugged open
the case and reseat the cable ribbon going from the drive to the
motherboard and the power supply connector. If the drive is seen in the
BIOS, a good way to test if this is Vista's error or the hardware is to
boot with anything bootable. Your Vista DVD will work fine. If you
didn't get a Vista DVD with the system, use an XP CD or a Linux live
distro like Knoppix.

Of course, if this is a new computer that you just bought you should
just call Lenovo tech support.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Cal Bear '66

Re: dvd/cd rom
Try this:

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> okay. my lenovo tower computer at which i got through telus is not really
> working the cd drive wont reconize that there is a cd in the drive and when i
> go to deivice manager and look at the properties it stats this.
>
> " Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
>
> Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
> to see if there is a solution available."
>
> and i still don't know what to do b/c i am unable to install anything that's
> from a cd.

Peter Foldes

Re: dvd/cd rom
Code 39 issue with CD\DVD ROM and fix