Conexant HD Audio not working

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdCBCLg==?=

Conexant HD Audio not working
Greetings,

recently went through the Vista upgrade and now the audio is not working on
the laptop. Tried updated drivers from HP, and HP tech support, no luck.
Couldn't find any workable solutions using Google either.

Is anyone else having this issue? If so, have you identified a solution?

Thanks for your help.
=?Utf-8?B?YmFyYg==?=

RE: Conexant HD Audio not working
Hi, I too am having a difficult time getting sound with a vista 64 install on
a HP dv8000. HP support directed me to Conexant High Definition drivers but
even with ump**** manual tries...no luck...has anybody been able to get sound
with vista 64? thanks,barb

"Scot B." wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> recently went through the Vista upgrade and now the audio is not working on
> the laptop. Tried updated drivers from HP, and HP tech support, no luck.
> Couldn't find any workable solutions using Google either.
>
> Is anyone else having this issue? If so, have you identified a solution?
>
> Thanks for your help.

=?Utf-8?B?UmVpbnN0YWxsIG9sZCBkcml2ZXIsIFdpbiBWaXN0YSAzMg==?=

RE: Conexant HD Audio not working

Hi, I just reinstalled the old driver. I'm on Win Vista 32

Verify there's no Conexant Audio software in Programs, I think I've seen
some before. And/Or You can go to dev mgr and uninstall the dev.
Reboot, you can either let it look for a Windows driver, I think I've seen
that before.
otherwise, tell it not to look for a driver then run the driver downloaded
from HP.

David

"barb" wrote:

> Hi, I too am having a difficult time getting sound with a vista 64 install on
> a HP dv8000. HP support directed me to Conexant High Definition drivers but
> even with ump**** manual tries...no luck...has anybody been able to get sound
> with vista 64? thanks,barb
>
> "Scot B." wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > recently went through the Vista upgrade and now the audio is not working on
> > the laptop. Tried updated drivers from HP, and HP tech support, no luck.
> > Couldn't find any workable solutions using Google either.
> >
> > Is anyone else having this issue? If so, have you identified a solution?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

=?Utf-8?B?UmVpbnN0YWxsIG9sZCBkcml2ZXIsIFdpbiBWaXN0YSAzMg==?=

RE: Conexant HD Audio not working
Oh,

and Part Number:RG254UA#ABA

Model Number:dv6110us

David

"barb" wrote:

> Hi, I too am having a difficult time getting sound with a vista 64 install on
> a HP dv8000. HP support directed me to Conexant High Definition drivers but
> even with ump**** manual tries...no luck...has anybody been able to get sound
> with vista 64? thanks,barb
>
> "Scot B." wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > recently went through the Vista upgrade and now the audio is not working on
> > the laptop. Tried updated drivers from HP, and HP tech support, no luck.
> > Couldn't find any workable solutions using Google either.
> >
> > Is anyone else having this issue? If so, have you identified a solution?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

firstnational

Re: Conexant HD Audio not working

I have the same problem as you have stated and when contacting HP they
were extremely unhelpful. You would have thought I was peddeling a
bike to power my computer when I told them I upgraded my OS to vista.

Please keep me posted if you find a solution.

Rymalone317@gmail.com

--
firstnational
firstnational's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24598

http://forums.techarena.in

Leonidas_Veritas

Re: Conexant HD Audio not working

Hi,

I believe I have found a fix for the screwy conexant issues within the
dv8000. It may work for other systems but I wouldnt know. I found the
solution from someone elses post on another forum. The solution was
actually for a different notebook so it is possible this will work on
multiple systems.

Simply go to the compaq driver update site and search for the note book
Compaq Presario V5000 CTO. This will bring up a list of all the drivers
available. The direct link is
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...esario%20c5000

Then download the Conexant High Definition Audio Driver Version
3.23.0.0

Install it and away you go!

I was really shocked when it actually worked because I was so
frustrated with googling for hours I ended up using a fix for a
completely different computer but to my surprise it actually worked.

PS I am using Windows XP SP2, but its possible it will work for Vista!

--
Leonidas_Veritas
Leonidas_Veritas's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27413
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=681545

http://forums.techarena.in

ryanms

Re: Conexant HD Audio not working

Well at first i was freaking out when my speakers stopped working, i
tried disabling them and re-enabling them. But that wasn't as simple as
i thought. So then i tried searching on google for results...but after a
few hours passed i decided to try my own thing...simply find the
conexant file in program files and running UIU32a (for me) and it will
uninstall the current driver. Simple run it again and you should have
working sound...do not update your drivers to the version that had
caused the problem in the first place or it will repeat.

--
ryanms
ryanms's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ryanms.htm

http://forums.techarena.in