Hard Drive Partition/Volume ?

Digipin

Hard Drive Partition/Volume ?
I recently bought a new laptop with Vista and the first time opening the hard
drive was C: with the correct capacity then the second time I turned the
laptop on - c: is half and d: is half.

I have a little knowledge about partitions, and I know I did not set one up.

How do I get it back to just c: ???

Thanks
Digipin

RE: Hard Drive Partition/Volume ?
Well there you go, I figured it out.

For others who have the same question.

In Disk Management -
Remove d: (you will lose everything on there)
Extend volume by right-clicking c:

"Digipin" wrote:

> I recently bought a new laptop with Vista and the first time opening the hard
> drive was C: with the correct capacity then the second time I turned the
> laptop on - c: is half and d: is half.
>
> I have a little knowledge about partitions, and I know I did not set one up.
>
> How do I get it back to just c: ???
>
> Thanks

Cal Bear '66

Re: Hard Drive Partition/Volume ?
Drive D: was most likely a Recovery Partition created by your computer
manufacturer to allow you to return your computer to a factory shipped
condition. You probably should not have deleted it before you made recovery
DVDs. If you want recovery DVDs now, you will have to order them from the
manufacturer. Consult your computer documentation.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Digipin" <Digipin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well there you go, I figured it out.
>
> For others who have the same question.
>
> In Disk Management -
> Remove d: (you will lose everything on there)
> Extend volume by right-clicking c:
>

> "Digipin" wrote:
>
>> I recently bought a new laptop with Vista and the first time opening the hard
>> drive was C: with the correct capacity then the second time I turned the
>> laptop on - c: is half and d: is half.
>>
>> I have a little knowledge about partitions, and I know I did not set one up.
>>
>> How do I get it back to just c: ???
>>
>> Thanks

Digipin

Re: Hard Drive Partition/Volume ?
Thanks for responding.

I do not believe it is the recovery partition as while I was in Disk
Management I noticed a recovery partition already there and the size is about
15Gig.

Digipin