USB port remembers drivers previously loaded for plugged-in devices. Can it be reset?

Alain Caillet

USB port remembers drivers previously loaded for plugged-in devices. Can it be reset?

After connecting a USB phone handset, Vista loaded the driver, requested a
reboot. I did then realised that only the USB microphone device showed up
in Control panel/Sound/Recording tab. The USB speaker device didn't
register under Playback tab

I plugged the handset in an other USB port. Driver loaded...I did reboot
and this time, in Control Panel/Sound both Recording and Play back tab
listed a USB Audio Device working!

If I return the uSB hanseet to the first USB port, it has memorised the
driver setting and it still recognizes only the microphone. How can I
rest the "driver memory" for this USB port. I imagine it's somewhere in
the registry but where ?

Thanks in advance
(Sorry for cross posting in Vista.general ... I can't wait to fix this)
--
Alain Caillet
Alain Caillet

Re: USB port remembers drivers previously loaded for plugged-in devices. Can it be reset?
Probleme solved. In Divice Manager, with the USB handset plugged in the
problem USB port, select USB Audio Device in Sound, video and game
controllers. Uninstall it. Unplug device (USB handset) and replug it.
Vista re-load the drivers ... :-)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 22:42:13 +0200, Alain Caillet <AA-Caillet@wanadoo.fr>
wrote:

> After connecting a USB phone handset, Vista loaded the driver, requested
> a reboot. I did then realised that only the USB microphone device showed
> up in Control panel/Sound/Recording tab. The USB speaker device didn't
> register under Playback tab
>
> I plugged the handset in an other USB port. Driver loaded...I did reboot
> and this time, in Control Panel/Sound both Recording and Play back tab
> listed a USB Audio Device working!
>
> If I return the uSB hanseet to the first USB port, it has memorised the
> driver setting and it still recognizes only the microphone. How can I
> rest the "driver memory" for this USB port. I imagine it's somewhere in
> the registry but where ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> (Sorry for cross posting in Vista.general ... I can't wait to fix this)

--
Alain Caillet
vanilla

Re: USB port remembers drivers previously loaded for plugged-in devices. Can it be reset?
Thanks for posting how you solved it ... have saved your post as it might
come in handy down the road ... vanilla

newsp.twx6qmb3mqxr1t@news.msnews.com...