realtek HD audio

davenemz

realtek HD audio
HELP! i have just got my PC with vista home premium on it and have no sound
what so ever it says that the device is working properly and that the drivers
are up to date but nero player and WMP both say no sound device installed
when trying to play test tones in the settings it says failed to play test
tone i have tried all of the obvious but still no luck can any one please
help me many thanks dave
Cal Bear '66

Re: realtek HD audio
If I were you, I would completely uninstall the Realtek drivers and the Realtek
HD Audio Manager and reinstall the latest drivers.

1. Download and save to a folder on your desktop the latest (ver. 1.72) drivers
from Realtek:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

2. Right click on the downloaded file and press the Unblock button, Apply, and
OK.

3. Control Panel (Classic view) > Device Manager > expand Sound, video and game
controllers, right click Realtek High Definition Audio, and select Uninstall.
*****Check the box to delete the driver files*****.

4. Control Panel (Classic view) > Programs and Features > right click Realtek
High Definition Audio Driver and select Uninstall.

5.*****REBOOT*****

6. Double click the downloaded new Realtek driver file and install.

7. *****REBOOT*****

8. Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Playback Devices in the Playback window, right click and check both "Show
Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices". Highlight Speakers and press
the Set Default button. Use the Configure and Properties buttons to set up your
speakers.

9. In the Recording window, right click and check both "Show Disabled Devices"
and "Show Disconnected Devices". Highlight your preferred recording device and
press the Set Default button. Use the Configure and Properties buttons to set
up your recording device.

10. Right click the RED speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Sound Manager and go through ALL the tabs AND the Device advanced
settings link in the upper right corner to set up your sound devices.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"davenemz" <davenemz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP! i have just got my PC with vista home premium on it and have no sound
> what so ever it says that the device is working properly and that the drivers
> are up to date but nero player and WMP both say no sound device installed
> when trying to play test tones in the settings it says failed to play test
> tone i have tried all of the obvious but still no luck can any one please
> help me many thanks dave

dean-dean

Re: realtek HD audio
If you have Realtek High Definition Audio, did you download and install the
latest driver (2007/7/24) from here? ->

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

"davenemz" <davenemz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP! i have just got my PC with vista home premium on it and have no
> sound
> what so ever it says that the device is working properly and that the
> drivers
> are up to date but nero player and WMP both say no sound device installed
> when trying to play test tones in the settings it says failed to play test
> tone i have tried all of the obvious but still no luck can any one please
> help me many thanks dave

FreeDevin is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Cyberpower C90 with an Intel E6700 processor, 2gb of ram, and an nVidia 8600 512mb video card. I also have RealTek High Definiton Audio. I was having problems with my audio not playing. Nothing worked, not my Skype, WMP, or anything at all.

The first time I trouble-shot the issue I right clicked the speaker icon in the notification area of the taskbar. Instead of the normal menu popping up, it gave me a window saying "Windows has detected that audio enhancements are causing problems. Would you like to disable driver enhancements for this device?" I chose yes and that fixed the problem.

Then the sound went out again and this time I followed Cal Bear '66 instructions and still no dice.

Then I rightclicked on the speaker in the notifications area of the taskbar, clicked Playback Devices, selected Speakers, the clicked the Properties button, clicked the Enhancements Tab and checked "Disable all Enhacements". My sound worked immiedately after that.

I hope this helps anybody else with the same problem.

FreeDevin is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
And now my built in microphone doesn't work. >..<