If I were you, I would completely uninstall the Realtek drivers and the Realtek
HD Audio Manager and reinstall the latest drivers.
1. Download and save to a folder on your desktop the latest (ver. 1.72) drivers
2. Right click on the downloaded file and press the Unblock button, Apply, and
3. Control Panel (Classic view) > Device Manager > expand Sound, video and game
controllers, right click Realtek High Definition Audio, and select Uninstall.
*****Check the box to delete the driver files*****.
4. Control Panel (Classic view) > Programs and Features > right click Realtek
High Definition Audio Driver and select Uninstall.
6. Double click the downloaded new Realtek driver file and install.
8. Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Playback Devices in the Playback window, right click and check both "Show
Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices". Highlight Speakers and press
the Set Default button. Use the Configure and Properties buttons to set up your
9. In the Recording window, right click and check both "Show Disabled Devices"
and "Show Disconnected Devices". Highlight your preferred recording device and
press the Set Default button. Use the Configure and Properties buttons to set
up your recording device.
10. Right click the RED speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Sound Manager and go through ALL the tabs AND the Device advanced
settings link in the upper right corner to set up your sound devices.
I Bleed Blue and Gold
"davenemz" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> HELP! i have just got my PC with vista home premium on it and have no sound
> what so ever it says that the device is working properly and that the drivers
> are up to date but nero player and WMP both say no sound device installed
> when trying to play test tones in the settings it says failed to play test
> tone i have tried all of the obvious but still no luck can any one please
> help me many thanks dave