HP1018 printer

alexgall

HP1018 printer
My printer had been working properly until this week. HP support tell me I
need an update to my print spooler. Can anyone tell me how to get this? I
am getting messages like 'System experienced problem and print spooler
closed'. I have re-downloaded the latest printer driver which is less than a
month old.
Crazy Noddy

Re: HP1018 printer
"alexgall" <alexgall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My printer had been working properly until this week. HP support tell me
> need an update to my print spooler. Can anyone tell me how to get this?
> am getting messages like 'System experienced problem and print spooler
> closed'. I have re-downloaded the latest printer driver which is less
> than a
> month old.

Where did you get a Vista driver for the 1018? I have that printer and there
are no Vista drivers for it yet. But here's how to make XP driver work in
Vista.

1) Insert the CD-ROM that came with your Printer and install the drivers of
windows XP on your Windows Vista computer. These XP software & drivers are
Vista Compatible after tweaking the Printer Properties. Reboot after
installing. 2) Go to Start/Printers. Right click HP LaserJet 1018 then click
Properties. An HP LaserJet Properties window should have popped up. 3) Click
the Advanced Tab. Click the Print Processor button located at bottom of
window. 4) Select print processor as IMFPrint. Then Select Default Data Type
as RAW. Click OK. 5) Now return to the main HP LaserJet Properties window
and click the General Tab. On the Bottom of that window, Click the Print
Test Page Button. A test page should be printing out if you adjusted the
printer properties correctly.

alexgall

Re: HP1018 printer
Crazy Noddy, thanks very much for your response. My printer is now working
as it should.
I downloaded my print driver from HP's website. It was finally placed there
in July. It worked successfully for 2 or 3 weeks. I believe Microsoft's
last upgrade of Vista probably srewed it up.
Thanks again.

alex

> Crazy Noddy, thanks very much for your response. My printer is now
> working
> as it should.
> I downloaded my print driver from HP's website. It was finally placed
> there
> in July. It worked successfully for 2 or 3 weeks. I believe Microsoft's
> last upgrade of Vista probably srewed it up.
> Thanks again.
>
> alex

Ah, I see now that HP finally released Vista drivers. But the catch is that
I am now running Vista64bit and HP have neglected to release Vista64bit
drivers for the 1018 so I am still printerless as that fix I posted only
works on Vista 32bit version.