usb mouse install on laptop

binky boy

usb mouse install on laptop
on a laptop...
trying to install a usb mouse-microsoft compact optical mouse 500. this is a
newer laptop and had another mouse that died so i know the usb works..please
help me!!!
i get these messages

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this
device instance.

Product

Driver software installation

Problem

Could not install driver software for device

Date

8/10/2007 6:24 PM

Status

Not Reported

Description

Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your
Unknown Device

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError

Architecture: x86

Win32 error: E0000219

Inf name: mu.inf

Driver Package hash: 211faebe5009f30f0eb90f59cb4435352339b08d

DDInstall section name: moufiltr

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem

DMI6FE2.tmp.log.xml

oem30.inf

Spirit

Re: usb mouse install on laptop
Correct Vista Driver for your Mouse

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...indows%20Vista

Clickable Link

http://tinyurl.com/2xjogt

"binky boy" <binkyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> on a laptop...
> trying to install a usb mouse-microsoft compact optical mouse 500. this is
> newer laptop and had another mouse that died so i know the usb
> works..please
> help me!!!
> i get these messages
>

> The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
>
> The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for
> this
> device instance.
>
> Product
>
> Driver software installation
>
> Problem
>
> Could not install driver software for device
>
> Date
>
> 8/10/2007 6:24 PM
>
> Status
>
> Not Reported
>
> Description
>
> Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your
> Unknown Device
>
> Problem signature
>
> Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
>
> Architecture: x86
>
> Win32 error: E0000219
>
> Inf name: mu.inf
>
> Driver Package hash: 211faebe5009f30f0eb90f59cb4435352339b08d
>
> DDInstall section name: moufiltr
>
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
>
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Files that help describe the problem
>
> DMI6FE2.tmp.log.xml
>
> oem30.inf

binky boy

Re: usb mouse install on laptop
thank you SOOOOO MUCH..... IT WORKS!!! my hands can rest!!!

thanks much!

"Spirit" wrote:

> Correct Vista Driver for your Mouse
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...indows%20Vista
>
> Clickable Link
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2xjogt
>

> "binky boy" <binkyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > on a laptop...
> > trying to install a usb mouse-microsoft compact optical mouse 500. this is
> > newer laptop and had another mouse that died so i know the usb
> > works..please
> > help me!!!
> > i get these messages
> >

> > The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
> >
> > The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for
> > this
> > device instance.
> >
> > Product
> >
> > Driver software installation
> >
> > Problem
> >
> > Could not install driver software for device
> >
> > Date
> >
> > 8/10/2007 6:24 PM
> >
> > Status
> >
> > Not Reported
> >
> > Description
> >
> > Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your
> > Unknown Device
> >
> > Problem signature
> >
> > Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
> >
> > Architecture: x86
> >
> > Win32 error: E0000219
> >
> > Inf name: mu.inf
> >
> > Driver Package hash: 211faebe5009f30f0eb90f59cb4435352339b08d
> >
> > DDInstall section name: moufiltr
> >
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> >
> > Locale ID: 1033
> >
> > Files that help describe the problem
> >
> > DMI6FE2.tmp.log.xml
> >
> > oem30.inf

Spirit

Re: usb mouse install on laptop
Good point here is to get all updated Vista Drivers... Pay particular
attention to video drivers and hard disk drivers and utilities from
the system or motherboard maker. Check BIOS too.

> thank you SOOOOO MUCH..... IT WORKS!!! my hands can rest!!!
>
> thanks much!
>
> "Spirit" wrote:
>
>> Correct Vista Driver for your Mouse
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...indows%20Vista
>>
>> Clickable Link
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2xjogt
>>

>> "binky boy" <binkyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > on a laptop...
>> > trying to install a usb mouse-microsoft compact optical mouse 500. this
>> > is
>> > newer laptop and had another mouse that died so i know the usb
>> > works..please
>> > help me!!!
>> > i get these messages
>> >

>> > The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
>> >
>> > The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for
>> > this
>> > device instance.
>> >
>> > Product
>> >
>> > Driver software installation
>> >
>> > Problem
>> >
>> > Could not install driver software for device
>> >
>> > Date
>> >
>> > 8/10/2007 6:24 PM
>> >
>> > Status
>> >
>> > Not Reported
>> >
>> > Description
>> >
>> > Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your
>> > Unknown Device
>> >
>> > Problem signature
>> >
>> > Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
>> >
>> > Architecture: x86
>> >
>> > Win32 error: E0000219
>> >
>> > Inf name: mu.inf
>> >
>> > Driver Package hash: 211faebe5009f30f0eb90f59cb4435352339b08d
>> >
>> > DDInstall section name: moufiltr
>> >
>> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
>> >
>> > Locale ID: 1033
>> >
>> > Files that help describe the problem
>> >
>> > DMI6FE2.tmp.log.xml
>> >
>> > oem30.inf

ElJay

Re: usb mouse install on laptop
I too have the same problem on my DELL INSP.1720 laptop ... even after I
downloaded and installed the updated IntelliPoint driver 6.10.158 for
Win.Vista.32. The only way I can get the screen saver and/or the
sleep/hibernation modes to work is to disable the IntelliPoint mouse.

Has anyone figured out a work-around?

Thanks!

ElJay

"Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
> Good point here is to get all updated Vista Drivers... Pay particular
> attention to video drivers and hard disk drivers and utilities from
> the system or motherboard maker. Check BIOS too.
>
> "binky boy" <binkyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> thank you SOOOOO MUCH..... IT WORKS!!! my hands can rest!!!
>>
>> thanks much!
>>
>> "Spirit" wrote:
>>
>>> Correct Vista Driver for your Mouse
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...indows%20Vista
>>>
>>> Clickable Link
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2xjogt

dean-dean

Re: usb mouse install on laptop
Are you using the Optical Mouse 500, or a wireless mouse?

"ElJay" <ljNOmuenSPAMzen@yaNOSPAMhoo.com> wrote in message
>I too have the same problem on my DELL INSP.1720 laptop ... even after I
>downloaded and installed the updated IntelliPoint driver 6.10.158 for
>Win.Vista.32. The only way I can get the screen saver and/or the
>sleep/hibernation modes to work is to disable the IntelliPoint mouse.
>
> Has anyone figured out a work-around?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ElJay
>
> "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
>> Good point here is to get all updated Vista Drivers... Pay particular
>> attention to video drivers and hard disk drivers and utilities from
>> the system or motherboard maker. Check BIOS too.
>>
>> "binky boy" <binkyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> thank you SOOOOO MUCH..... IT WORKS!!! my hands can rest!!!
>>>
>>> thanks much!

Spirit

Re: usb mouse install on laptop
I use the wireless 4000 keyboard and the Optical Mouse 2.0 both MS products
and Sleep works well here. Check your BIOS and Mouse settings which affect
Sleep and Wake-up.

"ElJay" <ljNOmuenSPAMzen@yaNOSPAMhoo.com> wrote in message news:enwqk%23m3HHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I too have the same problem on my DELL INSP.1720 laptop ... even after I
> downloaded and installed the updated IntelliPoint driver 6.10.158 for
> Win.Vista.32. The only way I can get the screen saver and/or the
> sleep/hibernation modes to work is to disable the IntelliPoint mouse.
>
> Has anyone figured out a work-around?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ElJay
>
> "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
>> Good point here is to get all updated Vista Drivers... Pay particular
>> attention to video drivers and hard disk drivers and utilities from
>> the system or motherboard maker. Check BIOS too.
>>
>> "binky boy" <binkyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> thank you SOOOOO MUCH..... IT WORKS!!! my hands can rest!!!
>>>
>>> thanks much!

ElJay

Re: usb mouse install on laptop
Using MS's USB Wireless Laser Mouse. Thanks!

LJ

I use the wireless 4000 keyboard and the Optical Mouse 2.0 both MS products
and Sleep works well here. Check your BIOS and Mouse settings which affect
Sleep and Wake-up.

"ElJay" <ljNOmuenSPAMzen@yaNOSPAMhoo.com> wrote in message
>I too have the same problem on my DELL INSP.1720 laptop ... even after I
> downloaded and installed the updated IntelliPoint driver 6.10.158 for
> Win.Vista.32. The only way I can get the screen saver and/or the
> sleep/hibernation modes to work is to disable the IntelliPoint mouse.
>
> Has anyone figured out a work-around?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ElJay
>
> "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
>> Good point here is to get all updated Vista Drivers... Pay particular
>> attention to video drivers and hard disk drivers and utilities from
>> the system or motherboard maker. Check BIOS too.
>>
>> "binky boy" <binkyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> thank you SOOOOO MUCH..... IT WORKS!!! my hands can rest!!!
>>>
>>> thanks much!

dean-dean

Re: usb mouse install on laptop
Make sure your mouse's wireless receiver is plugged in and active (this is
important). Go to Control Panel (Classic View) > Windows Update. Click on
Check for Updates. Choose to install the Optional Hardware Update called
"Microsoft HID Non-User Input Data Filter". Your screensaver, with a
wireless mouse, should now work.

The screen saver does not work when you use a Microsoft wireless pointing
device on a Windows Vista-based computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911895

"ElJay" <ljNOmuenSPAMzen@yaNOSPAMhoo.xxx> wrote in message
> Using MS's USB Wireless Laser Mouse. Thanks!
>
> LJ
>
> "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
> I use the wireless 4000 keyboard and the Optical Mouse 2.0 both MS
> products
> and Sleep works well here. Check your BIOS and Mouse settings which affect
> Sleep and Wake-up.
>
> "ElJay" <ljNOmuenSPAMzen@yaNOSPAMhoo.com> wrote in message
>>I too have the same problem on my DELL INSP.1720 laptop ... even after I
>> downloaded and installed the updated IntelliPoint driver 6.10.158 for
>> Win.Vista.32. The only way I can get the screen saver and/or the
>> sleep/hibernation modes to work is to disable the IntelliPoint mouse.
>>
>> Has anyone figured out a work-around?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> ElJay
>>
>> "Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message
>>> Good point here is to get all updated Vista Drivers... Pay particular
>>> attention to video drivers and hard disk drivers and utilities from
>>> the system or motherboard maker. Check BIOS too.

dean-dean