DVD player problem

sean stephen

DVD player problem
Carey, thanks for your advice yesterday. sorry for only acknowledging your
message now. i found the HP driver download site and downloaded most of the
drivers. i have had my notebook about a month and for some reason HP never
supplies updates even though i check regularly. anyway, i still have the
problem with certain DVD's not being read. well it seems to be fussy. perhaps
it's mechanical. plays sometimes. well thanks for your advice.sean
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: DVD player problem
Make sure the DVDs are absolutely "clean" and do not
have any fingerprints or smudges on them.

If a disc appears dirty, you can clean them easily with any
on-the-market cleaning kits or basic rubbing alcohol.
But avoid using abrasives, solvents, or highly acidic cleansers.
And use a soft, lint-free cloth, and wipe gently in a straight line
from the center of the disc, out. This will avoid any potential
scrapes from interrupting with the circular path of the signal.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"sean stephen" wrote:

Carey, thanks for your advice yesterday. sorry for only acknowledging your
message now. i found the HP driver download site and downloaded most of the
drivers. i have had my notebook about a month and for some reason HP never
supplies updates even though i check regularly. anyway, i still have the
problem with certain DVD's not being read. well it seems to be fussy. perhaps
it's mechanical. plays sometimes. well thanks for your advice.sean
Cal Bear '66

Re: DVD player problem
Rubbing alcohol is not a good way to "clean" anything. The ingredients used to
make it undrinkable leave a film which is almost impossible to remove. Use
isopropyl alcohol.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!