LCD Screen turns black for a second or two...

=?Utf-8?B?ZGlzcGllY2U=?=

LCD Screen turns black for a second or two...
Everytime I plug a usb flash drive into my computer, the LCD screen turns
black completely for a second or two. I am not talking about the gray screen
that you get everytime because of UAC. The thing I am talking about happens
everytime I insert a usb flash drive or take it out. When you want to take
out the usb flash drive, you have to look at the icon in the bar at the
bottom right corner and select that you want to remove the usb flash drive.
Then when it says it is safe to remove the flash drive, you then remove it.
Right after I remove it and press the okay button, the screen just turns
black for a second or two. Is this suppose to happen?
=?Utf-8?B?ZGlzcGllY2U=?=

RE: LCD Screen turns black for a second or two...
Anyone? Everytime I go and safely remove my usb flash drive and then click
okay, the screen turns black for a second or two. Is this normal? Could
someone test this out if they have a usb flash drive and an LCD monitor. All
you have to do is plug the usb flash drive in. Then right click on the icon
in the system tray to safely remove the flash drive. then remove it and
continue with what you were doing.

"dispiece" wrote:

> Everytime I plug a usb flash drive into my computer, the LCD screen turns
> black completely for a second or two. I am not talking about the gray screen
> that you get everytime because of UAC. The thing I am talking about happens
> everytime I insert a usb flash drive or take it out. When you want to take
> out the usb flash drive, you have to look at the icon in the bar at the
> bottom right corner and select that you want to remove the usb flash drive.
> Then when it says it is safe to remove the flash drive, you then remove it.
> Right after I remove it and press the okay button, the screen just turns
> black for a second or two. Is this suppose to happen?

David A. Lessnau

Re: LCD Screen turns black for a second or two...
I don't think I've had this happen with a USB flash drive. However, I've
had that behavior *sometimes* when I turn on my eSATA hard drive (which also
gives me the green "Safely Remove Hardware" icon). On one or two of those
occasions, Vista has popped up and told me the display driver had stopped
responding and that it restarted it (stock Vista Nvidia 7600GT driver).

I'll also mention that on many occasions (not all), I get a completely black
screen on actions that bring up the UAC prompt. Just like in your case, the
screen goes completely black for a second or two and then it comes back with
the grayed-out look and the UAC prompt.