Vista and Razer Tarantula USB Keyboard

EMC

Vista and Razer Tarantula USB Keyboard
Hi all,

to cut the long story short - i can't get this keyboard to work.
I can go into Bios, i can start in "Safe mode" and switch between the shown
possiblities. But when vista is fully loaded, the USB Keyboard have no
function.
(tested this with an PS/2 Keyboard - this works fine)

the lights are on as in normal use, everything seems to be fine, but if i
press any button - no response on the screen.

what i already did :
- set up USB into legacy device support in Bios
- get every new driver, firmware, Vista-Update i can get till today

I'm not quite sure if this is possibly the right way :
got an CODE 10 error in one of my USB devices - but i do not have a clue on
how to fix that.

any idea folks ?

thanks in advance
EMC

dwg

Re: Vista and Razer Tarantula USB Keyboard

Same problem. Tried everything, needs old keyboard in on boot, then plug
in Tarntula once operating sytem loaded! Troublesome! dwg

--
dwg
dwg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29222

http://forums.techarena.in

EMC

Re: Vista and Razer Tarantula USB Keyboard
Hi dwg,,
thanks but this didn't solve my problem.

I can't get this keyboard working.

Same Hardware as before with WIN XP - new install of vista - no keyboard
anymore.

thats really odd.

someone got another idea `?

thx

"dwg" wrote:

> Same problem. Tried everything, needs old keyboard in on boot, then plug
> in Tarntula once operating sytem loaded! Troublesome! dwg
>

> --
> dwg
> dwg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29222
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=798688
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Jane C

Re: Vista and Razer Tarantula USB Keyboard
Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Razer?

http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...mid=83&nav=0,6
--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)

"EMC" <EMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi dwg,,
> thanks but this didn't solve my problem.
>
> I can't get this keyboard working.
>
> Same Hardware as before with WIN XP - new install of vista - no keyboard
> anymore.
>
> thats really odd.
>
> someone got another idea `?
>
> thx
>
> "dwg" wrote:
>

>> Same problem. Tried everything, needs old keyboard in on boot, then plug
>> in Tarntula once operating sytem loaded! Troublesome! dwg
>>

>> --
>> dwg
>> dwg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29222
>> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=798688
>>
>> http://forums.techarena.in

EMC

Re: Vista and Razer Tarantula USB Keyboard
Hi Jane,

thx for your reply.

yes, done all the lastest drivers for that machine. no help ;o(

i'm just wondering why the same config running on win xp didn't show any
problem.

any (new) ideas ?

thx
emc

"Jane C" wrote:

> Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Razer?
>
> http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...mid=83&nav=0,6
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
>
> "EMC" <EMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi dwg,,
> > thanks but this didn't solve my problem.
> >
> > I can't get this keyboard working.
> >
> > Same Hardware as before with WIN XP - new install of vista - no keyboard
> > anymore.
> >
> > thats really odd.
> >
> > someone got another idea `?
> >
> > thx
> >
> > "dwg" wrote:
> >

> >> Same problem. Tried everything, needs old keyboard in on boot, then plug
> >> in Tarntula once operating sytem loaded! Troublesome! dwg
> >>

> >> --
> >> dwg
> >> dwg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29222
> >> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=798688
> >>
> >> http://forums.techarena.in

Paul V

Re: Vista and Razer Tarantula USB Keyboard
Hi just my 2 cents. I have a microsoft habu mouse(really a Razer) and the
xbox 360 wireless receiver, both usb. I ahd problems having them plugged in
at the same time, etc being both usb for some reason. I am using vista home
premium 64 bit,
core 2 duo e6600, 2 gig ram, evga motherobard. I tried everything updating
bios, drivers. I had them plugged into usb ports (uhm, if the motherboard
was flat then the reciever was plugged into usb on top of mouse usb port)
I had to unplug mouse during boot up just to use the reciever and 360
controller with a game. And even then trhe controller had to be on during
boot up, and even then it was hit or miss if I could actualyl get it working.

For some reason, since I upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit and moved the
reciever to a usb port further down on the motherboard and for some
miraculous computer wonder....I have not had a problem since. I can 't
explain it, I had messed around with updating bios on the motherboard, usb
drivers, mouse drivers I tried different boot ups, uninstalling razer mouse
software,
nothing worked. I uninstalled software since on the xbox forums people
were saying their usb logitech keyboard software was conflicting. Now I dont
have to have anything unplugged, my controller only has to be turned on when
I need it.
I cant tell you if upgrading my windows to 64 bit made a difference. Also I
swapped my hard drive out at the time and did a clean install, so maybe
there WAS a conflict somewhere. I have the razer mouse software
installed, no problems. Also before my printer is usb and HP 1510, and
before that also messed the situation up I had to plug it in when I wanted
to use it then reboot to use the wireless gaming receiver, now I can leave
the printer usb
plugged in all the time.

Me getting to this point consumed a couple afternoons of my time But it
works the way it should now.

My Tarantula should be in today, i'll let you know how it goes.
Paul
--
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Vista Home Premium 64 bit

"EMC" wrote:

> Hi Jane,
>
> thx for your reply.
>
> yes, done all the lastest drivers for that machine. no help ;o(
>
> i'm just wondering why the same config running on win xp didn't show any
> problem.
>
> any (new) ideas ?
>
> thx
> emc
>
> "Jane C" wrote:
>
> > Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Razer?
> >
> > http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...mid=83&nav=0,6
> > --
> > Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> > Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
> >
> > "EMC" <EMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi dwg,,
> > > thanks but this didn't solve my problem.
> > >
> > > I can't get this keyboard working.
> > >
> > > Same Hardware as before with WIN XP - new install of vista - no keyboard
> > > anymore.
> > >
> > > thats really odd.
> > >
> > > someone got another idea `?
> > >
> > > thx

Deathmoth

Re: Vista and Razer Tarantula USB Keyboard

I have the same problem but with a different keyboard.

I have been using a ps2 keyboard with no problem for months now. I have
recently purchased a USB keyboard Eclipse II by Saitek. The keyboard is
detected and usable in the Bios configuration buy when I get to the
loggin screen in vistax64, it does not work anymore.

Saitek website says it should work with the default windows generic
keyboard config. But my computer detected it as a Human Interface Device
(Saitek Eclipse II) and asks for drivers? It does showed connected in
the USB hub. Can I force it to use the generic windows drivers? Can I
download some other drivers? The keyboard is basic with some fancy
lights.

Vista is fully up to date with all the current patchs. Any help would
be much appreciated.

Shawn.

MY system is:

Asus M2A-VM motherboard