Which one is the best for Vista Ultimate?

Wojnarowski

Which one is the best for Vista Ultimate?
One of these?

You're in : Home ╗ Components ╗ Motherboards ╗ Intel 775 (965P Chipset)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/produc...id=565&mfrid=1

or one of these?

You're in : Home ╗ Components ╗ Motherboards ╗ Intel 775 (975X Chipset)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/produc...id=174&mfrid=1

Jack

Re: Which one is the best for Vista Ultimate?
I'm running the P5W DH Deluxe,,,,,,,,,,,, and i did a new install of
ultimate and i am one of the few that has had next to no problems by the
looks,

I had A COM surrogate error that cleared when i got the very latest version
of Nero. It didn't like my McAfee either though i am told it is Vista ready.

All my hardware ran straight after install but i ensured i had the latest
drivers for Vista ready. and updated straight away,

So its running 4 internal and 2 external HD, a Creative Mp3 player Cable
broadband. Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse plus webcam, Epson 950
printer and Canon Pixma printer, a Radeon X1650 plus the onboard sound and
NEC. and also a Win TV HVR 1300,

For once i have no complaints which is unusual.

BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,, you know computers someone in the next town with the same
set up probably can't get it to work right.

Wojnarowski

"Jack" <jackdyson@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm running the P5W DH Deluxe,,,,,,,,,,,, and i did a new install of
> ultimate and i am one of the few that has had next to no problems by the
> looks,
>
> I had A COM surrogate error that cleared when i got the very latest
> version of Nero. It didn't like my McAfee either though i am told it is
> Vista ready.
>
> All my hardware ran straight after install but i ensured i had the latest
> drivers for Vista ready. and updated straight away,
>
> So its running 4 internal and 2 external HD, a Creative Mp3 player Cable
> broadband. Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse plus webcam, Epson 950
> printer and Canon Pixma printer, a Radeon X1650 plus the onboard sound and
> NEC. and also a Win TV HVR 1300,
>
> For once i have no complaints which is unusual.
>
> BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,, you know computers someone in the next town with the same
> set up probably can't get it to work right.

Thanks Jack, your have some machine there...-
6 hard drives all together - it's a massive storage you run.

Indeed, I had Win XP installation on two the same mo/bo
and the same hardware and peripherals, on the same network -
and the two PCs behaved quite differently...-

I'm actively searching for another platform - entirely
Vista dedicated and compatible.

At the moment, I have Vista Ult. installed from fresh on
Asus P4C-800-E Deluxe, P4 CPU 3.00GHz, Prescott,
2x250 GB Hard drives, 2MB DDR SDRAM and
ATi RADEON 9600 Pro

Using the above configuration Vista runs OK but...
it doesn't give all these freels which come with Vista Ult.
Would you recommend then your configuration as optimum?
What would be your preference now after the experience
you had with your present setup?

My preference for Vista Ult. .would be:
M/B - AsusP5B Deluxe
CPU - Intel Core2 DUO E6600 2.40 GHz
2048 MB RAM and probably
GeForce8800 GTSPCI Express graphic card.

I can't make my mind up until I see some positive
feed back.

Joe

Paul Smith

"Wojnarowski" <wojnar@owski.net> wrote in message
> One of these?

I've got the Asus P5W DH, no issues with Windows on it and is a solid board,
but its certainly got a few annoying features about the BIOS.

1) Doesn't always reboot with my Pocket PC plugged in (hangs detecting USB
devices on the POST screen).

2) Have to disable fan RPM monitors in the BIOS or else it takes over 30
seconds to complete POST.

3) Sometimes starts back up after shutting down.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Wojnarowski

"Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.windowsresource.net> wrote in message
> "Wojnarowski" <wojnar@owski.net> wrote in message
>> One of these?

> I've got the Asus P5W DH, no issues with Windows on it and is a solid
> board, but its certainly got a few annoying features about the BIOS.
>
> 1) Doesn't always reboot with my Pocket PC plugged in (hangs detecting USB
> devices on the POST screen).
>
> 2) Have to disable fan RPM monitors in the BIOS or else it takes over 30
> seconds to complete POST.
>
> 3) Sometimes starts back up after shutting down.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Thanks Paul,

These are very important observations for me,
which I'll take into consideration when starting my
project . At the moment I keep my all options open.

Joe