Nvidia GeForce 6100

Denise

Nvidia GeForce 6100
I have a Nvidia GeForce 6100 running on Vista Home Premium, Vista is running
great EXCEPT my screen flickers now. I download the updated drivers from
Nvidia, didn't help, went to the Vista website found a help file for screen
flickering, says to change the refresh rate, ok, I did that. BUT my screen
still flickers! Microsoft on their help chat line says I need more ram.
Besides upgrading my video card does anyone here have any idea what I can do
to fix this??

Thanks in advance for your help!
Denise

JW

Re: Nvidia GeForce 6100
How much memory does your 6100 card have?
How much main memory does your system have?
What resolution are you using over what display interface to your monitor?

"Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I have a Nvidia GeForce 6100 running on Vista Home Premium, Vista is
>running great EXCEPT my screen flickers now. I download the updated drivers
>from Nvidia, didn't help, went to the Vista website found a help file for
>screen flickering, says to change the refresh rate, ok, I did that. BUT my
>screen still flickers! Microsoft on their help chat line says I need more
>ram. Besides upgrading my video card does anyone here have any idea what I
>can do to fix this??
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> Denise

Denise

Re: Nvidia GeForce 6100
OK, Display settings for GeForce 6100 say:

Total Available graphics memory 399 MB
Dedicated Video Memory 128 MB

System is:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 4200
2.2 GB
2000 MHz front side bus
L2 cache: 512 KB x2
2048 MB 400 MHz (PC3200) DDR memory (four 512 MB modules)
Vista isn't seeing my Gateway Moniter which is a FPD1960, it is using a
Generic driver there (Gateway doesn't have a vista driver ready, says it's
not the moniter it's vista Nividia DOES see the correct moniter, it's
just vista that doesn't.

Resolution is set at 1152 by 864 (32 bit) which is where the geforce drivers
set it when they installed, I've changed it up and down, no difference.

Microsofts solution is:
Based on the information shared by us on the chat, you need to Upgrade your
RAM to 512 MB RAM

If I have too I will, but I don't want to spend the money if it's not
needed.

--
Denise

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
How much memory does your 6100 card have?
How much main memory does your system have?
What resolution are you using over what display interface to your monitor?

"Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I have a Nvidia GeForce 6100 running on Vista Home Premium, Vista is
>running great EXCEPT my screen flickers now. I download the updated drivers
>from Nvidia, didn't help, went to the Vista website found a help file for
>screen flickering, says to change the refresh rate, ok, I did that. BUT my
>screen still flickers! Microsoft on their help chat line says I need more
>ram. Besides upgrading my video card does anyone here have any idea what I
>can do to fix this??
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> Denise

JW

Re: Nvidia GeForce 6100
Are you using the a standard PC VGA interface to your monitor?
Try setting the resolution to 1024x768@60Hz
Are you running the 32bit or the 64 bit version of Vista?
Do you have latest NVIDIA 32 bit or 64 VISTA drivers (release 100.59) from
the NVIDIA Web site installed?

> OK, Display settings for GeForce 6100 say:
>
> Total Available graphics memory 399 MB
> Dedicated Video Memory 128 MB
>
> System is:
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 4200
> 2.2 GB
> 2000 MHz front side bus
> L2 cache: 512 KB x2
> 2048 MB 400 MHz (PC3200) DDR memory (four 512 MB modules)
> Vista isn't seeing my Gateway Moniter which is a FPD1960, it is using a
> Generic driver there (Gateway doesn't have a vista driver ready, says it's
> not the moniter it's vista Nividia DOES see the correct moniter, it's
> just vista that doesn't.
>
> Resolution is set at 1152 by 864 (32 bit) which is where the geforce
> drivers set it when they installed, I've changed it up and down, no
> difference.
>
> Microsofts solution is:
> Based on the information shared by us on the chat, you need to Upgrade
> your RAM to 512 MB RAM
>
> If I have too I will, but I don't want to spend the money if it's not
> needed.
>
> --
> Denise
>
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> How much memory does your 6100 card have?
> How much main memory does your system have?
> What resolution are you using over what display interface to your monitor?
>
> "Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I have a Nvidia GeForce 6100 running on Vista Home Premium, Vista is
>>running great EXCEPT my screen flickers now. I download the updated
>>drivers from Nvidia, didn't help, went to the Vista website found a help
>>file for screen flickering, says to change the refresh rate, ok, I did
>>that. BUT my screen still flickers! Microsoft on their help chat line says
>>I need more ram. Besides upgrading my video card does anyone here have any
>>idea what I can do to fix this??
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>> Denise

JW

Re: Nvidia GeForce 6100
Vista only needs 128MB of graphics memory even for Aero.
You allready of have 2GB of so I don't understand MS saying you need to
upgrade to 512.
"Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> OK, Display settings for GeForce 6100 say:
>
> Total Available graphics memory 399 MB
> Dedicated Video Memory 128 MB
>
> System is:
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 4200
> 2.2 GB
> 2000 MHz front side bus
> L2 cache: 512 KB x2
> 2048 MB 400 MHz (PC3200) DDR memory (four 512 MB modules)
> Vista isn't seeing my Gateway Moniter which is a FPD1960, it is using a
> Generic driver there (Gateway doesn't have a vista driver ready, says it's
> not the moniter it's vista Nividia DOES see the correct moniter, it's
> just vista that doesn't.
>
> Resolution is set at 1152 by 864 (32 bit) which is where the geforce
> drivers set it when they installed, I've changed it up and down, no
> difference.
>
> Microsofts solution is:
> Based on the information shared by us on the chat, you need to Upgrade
> your RAM to 512 MB RAM
>
> If I have too I will, but I don't want to spend the money if it's not
> needed.
>
> --
> Denise
>
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> How much memory does your 6100 card have?
> How much main memory does your system have?
> What resolution are you using over what display interface to your monitor?
>
> "Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I have a Nvidia GeForce 6100 running on Vista Home Premium, Vista is
>>running great EXCEPT my screen flickers now. I download the updated
>>drivers from Nvidia, didn't help, went to the Vista website found a help
>>file for screen flickering, says to change the refresh rate, ok, I did
>>that. BUT my screen still flickers! Microsoft on their help chat line says
>>I need more ram. Besides upgrading my video card does anyone here have any
>>idea what I can do to fix this??
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>> Denise

Denise

Re: Nvidia GeForce 6100
Yes: Are you using
the a standard PC VGA interface to your monitor?
Done, no difference on any setting! Try setting the resolution
to 1024x768@60Hz
32 bit version of Vista Are you running the
32bit or the 64 bit version of Vista?

Do you have latest NVIDIA 32 bit or 64 VISTA drivers (release 100.59) from
the NVIDIA Web site installed?

Yes downloaded the other day, redownloaded again today and reinstalled to
make sure nothing changed!

Thank you for all of your help!

Are you using the a standard PC VGA interface to your monitor?
Try setting the resolution to 1024x768@60Hz
Are you running the 32bit or the 64 bit version of Vista?
Do you have latest NVIDIA 32 bit or 64 VISTA drivers (release 100.59) from
the NVIDIA Web site installed?

"Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> OK, Display settings for GeForce 6100 say:
>
> Total Available graphics memory 399 MB
> Dedicated Video Memory 128 MB
>
> System is:
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 4200
> 2.2 GB
> 2000 MHz front side bus
> L2 cache: 512 KB x2
> 2048 MB 400 MHz (PC3200) DDR memory (four 512 MB modules)
> Vista isn't seeing my Gateway Moniter which is a FPD1960, it is using a
> Generic driver there (Gateway doesn't have a vista driver ready, says it's
> not the moniter it's vista Nividia DOES see the correct moniter, it's
> just vista that doesn't.
>
> Resolution is set at 1152 by 864 (32 bit) which is where the geforce
> drivers set it when they installed, I've changed it up and down, no
> difference.
>
> Microsofts solution is:
> Based on the information shared by us on the chat, you need to Upgrade
> your RAM to 512 MB RAM
>
> If I have too I will, but I don't want to spend the money if it's not
> needed.
>
> --
> Denise
>
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> How much memory does your 6100 card have?
> How much main memory does your system have?
> What resolution are you using over what display interface to your monitor?
>
> "Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I have a Nvidia GeForce 6100 running on Vista Home Premium, Vista is
>>running great EXCEPT my screen flickers now. I download the updated
>>drivers from Nvidia, didn't help, went to the Vista website found a help
>>file for screen flickering, says to change the refresh rate, ok, I did
>>that. BUT my screen still flickers! Microsoft on their help chat line says
>>I need more ram. Besides upgrading my video card does anyone here have any
>>idea what I can do to fix this??
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>> Denise

Denise

Re: Nvidia GeForce 6100
This is the latest email from my "support" person at MS,

Based on the information shared by us on the call, you need to backup your data before we perform a "Clean installation" of "Windows Vista" - Home Edition. Please let me know once the backup is done through email.

If I have to do this then vista's not going back on this computer! LOL
--
Denise

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message news:uCBrX$GTHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Vista only needs 128MB of graphics memory even for Aero.
You allready of have 2GB of so I don't understand MS saying you need to
upgrade to 512.
"Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> OK, Display settings for GeForce 6100 say:
>
> Total Available graphics memory 399 MB
> Dedicated Video Memory 128 MB
>
> System is:
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 4200
> 2.2 GB
> 2000 MHz front side bus
> L2 cache: 512 KB x2
> 2048 MB 400 MHz (PC3200) DDR memory (four 512 MB modules)
> Vista isn't seeing my Gateway Moniter which is a FPD1960, it is using a
> Generic driver there (Gateway doesn't have a vista driver ready, says it's
> not the moniter it's vista Nividia DOES see the correct moniter, it's
> just vista that doesn't.
>
> Resolution is set at 1152 by 864 (32 bit) which is where the geforce
> drivers set it when they installed, I've changed it up and down, no
> difference.
>
> Microsofts solution is:
> Based on the information shared by us on the chat, you need to Upgrade
> your RAM to 512 MB RAM
>
> If I have too I will, but I don't want to spend the money if it's not
> needed.
>
> --
> Denise
>
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> How much memory does your 6100 card have?
> How much main memory does your system have?
> What resolution are you using over what display interface to your monitor?
>
> "Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I have a Nvidia GeForce 6100 running on Vista Home Premium, Vista is
>>running great EXCEPT my screen flickers now. I download the updated
>>drivers from Nvidia, didn't help, went to the Vista website found a help
>>file for screen flickering, says to change the refresh rate, ok, I did
>>that. BUT my screen still flickers! Microsoft on their help chat line says
>>I need more ram. Besides upgrading my video card does anyone here have any
>>idea what I can do to fix this??
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>> Denise

JW

Re: Nvidia GeForce 6100
Did you have the 6100 board working fine using Windows XP?

> Yes: Are you
> using the a standard PC VGA interface to your monitor?
> Done, no difference on any setting! Try setting the resolution
> to 1024x768@60Hz
> 32 bit version of Vista Are you running the
> 32bit or the 64 bit version of Vista?
>
> Do you have latest NVIDIA 32 bit or 64 VISTA drivers (release 100.59) from
> the NVIDIA Web site installed?
>
> Yes downloaded the other day, redownloaded again today and reinstalled to
> make sure nothing changed!
>
> Thank you for all of your help!
> Denise
>
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> Are you using the a standard PC VGA interface to your monitor?
> Try setting the resolution to 1024x768@60Hz
> Are you running the 32bit or the 64 bit version of Vista?
> Do you have latest NVIDIA 32 bit or 64 VISTA drivers (release 100.59) from
> the NVIDIA Web site installed?
>
> "Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> OK, Display settings for GeForce 6100 say:
>>
>> Total Available graphics memory 399 MB
>> Dedicated Video Memory 128 MB
>>
>> System is:
>> AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 4200
>> 2.2 GB
>> 2000 MHz front side bus
>> L2 cache: 512 KB x2
>> 2048 MB 400 MHz (PC3200) DDR memory (four 512 MB modules)
>> Vista isn't seeing my Gateway Moniter which is a FPD1960, it is using a
>> Generic driver there (Gateway doesn't have a vista driver ready, says
>> it's not the moniter it's vista Nividia DOES see the correct moniter,
>> it's just vista that doesn't.
>>
>> Resolution is set at 1152 by 864 (32 bit) which is where the geforce
>> drivers set it when they installed, I've changed it up and down, no
>> difference.
>>
>> Microsofts solution is:
>> Based on the information shared by us on the chat, you need to Upgrade
>> your RAM to 512 MB RAM
>>
>> If I have too I will, but I don't want to spend the money if it's not
>> needed.
>>
>> --
>> Denise
>>
>> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>> How much memory does your 6100 card have?
>> How much main memory does your system have?
>> What resolution are you using over what display interface to your
>> monitor?
>>
>> "Denise" <dendro@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a Nvidia GeForce 6100 running on Vista Home Premium, Vista is
>>>running great EXCEPT my screen flickers now. I download the updated
>>>drivers from Nvidia, didn't help, went to the Vista website found a help
>>>file for screen flickering, says to change the refresh rate, ok, I did
>>>that. BUT my screen still flickers! Microsoft on their help chat line
>>>says I need more ram. Besides upgrading my video card does anyone here
>>>have any idea what I can do to fix this??
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>>> Denise

Denise

Re: Nvidia GeForce 6100
Yes 6100 board was working fine until I installed Vista, then the trouble
started LOL