DVDR Problem need help!

spdyevo02

DVDR Problem need help!

So i got Vista when it came out last week and have had no problems with
it until recently my dvd drives have stopped reading. they still open
and close and try to read the cd but in the device manager there is an
error on both drives. the error is Windows cannot load the device
driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code
39). i tried to update the drive but it says that it has the current
drive is up to date. The drive is a Plextor DVDR PX-712A- ATA device. I
have already tried ot go into the registry to delete the upper and
lowere files but there is no uper files to delete and uninstalling the
driver and re-installing the driver does not work either. Please help
me.

--
spdyevo02
spdyevo02's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21887

http://forums.techarena.in

Andyc

Re: DVDR Problem need help!
Try this fix
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us
Was up till 5 am wed morning finding the fix.
It does work.

"spdyevo02" <spdyevo02.2lqj7i@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> So i got Vista when it came out last week and have had no problems with
> it until recently my dvd drives have stopped reading. they still open
> and close and try to read the cd but in the device manager there is an
> error on both drives. the error is Windows cannot load the device
> driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code
> 39). i tried to update the drive but it says that it has the current
> drive is up to date. The drive is a Plextor DVDR PX-712A- ATA device. I
> have already tried ot go into the registry to delete the upper and
> lowere files but there is no uper files to delete and uninstalling the
> driver and re-installing the driver does not work either. Please help
> me.
>

> --
> spdyevo02
> spdyevo02's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21887
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=678587
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

spdyevo02

Re: DVDR Problem need help!

thanks i tried that and it worked. i wasn't sure if it would cause i had
no upper but it did.

--
spdyevo02
spdyevo02's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21887
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=678587

http://forums.techarena.in

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: DVDR Problem need help!
You might check with Plextor that your firmware is uptodate:

http://www.plextor.com/english/suppo...s/firm_712.htm

I had to update my 716SA and my 760A drives firmware to get VISTA to
recognize them during bootup but in my case this stopped installation.
They don't show any flags in device manager now.

Are you dual booting with say XP or is this a clean install?

You say you tried updating the driver but no success. Try completely
removing the drive in Device Manager , rebooting and seeing if it comes
up working.

spdyevo02

Re: DVDR Problem need help!

Yes it was a clean install. i got it working but thanks for the tips.

In article <spdyevo02.2lrjbp@DoNotSpam.com>, Spdyevo02 wrote:
> i got it working but thanks for the tips.

Please help others by telling how you got it working.

Peter Foldes

Re: DVDR Problem need help!
Code 39 for missing CD-ROM and DVD-ROM. Below is your fix.

Peter