Altec Lansing XT1 USB Speakers..

Powerffix

Altec Lansing XT1 USB Speakers..
To Whom It May Concern,

I have the Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that I'm currently using on my laptop.
I love the speakers but there is one simple problem. I am using Windows
Vista and they work perfectly but they disable my screen saver when plugged
in. This didn't happen in XP but in Vista it disables the screen save. When
I unplug them, my screen saver comes on. I would really appreciate a
response.

John

Re: Altec Lansing XT1 USB Speakers..
If you read the specs, they don't mention Vista as an OS. Possibly these
speakers have Vista issues. See if Altec has a user forum and ask there.

"Powerffix" <Powerffix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I have the Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that I'm currently using on my
> laptop.
> I love the speakers but there is one simple problem. I am using Windows
> Vista and they work perfectly but they disable my screen saver when
> plugged
> in. This didn't happen in XP but in Vista it disables the screen save.
> When
> I unplug them, my screen saver comes on. I would really appreciate a
> response.

Powerffix

RE: Altec Lansing XT1 USB Speakers..
I wrote to Altec about this and they responded with this:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using Altec Lansing products.
The problem you describe is a Windows Vista® issue, that's why it never
happened with Windows XP®.
It seems that when the speakers are connected the screensaver does not come
on because Vista is communicating with them all the time.
Please contact Microsoft for this issue.

At your service,

Altec Lansing Customer Service
1-800-258-3288 (toll-free US/Canada, M-F 8am-9pm, Sa 9am-5pm EST)

All I can say is that Altec Lansing's support is correct, and that USB
activity is preventing my computer from entering an idle state.

Does anyone know who to fix this?

"Powerffix" wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I have the Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that I'm currently using on my laptop.
> I love the speakers but there is one simple problem. I am using Windows
> Vista and they work perfectly but they disable my screen saver when plugged
> in. This didn't happen in XP but in Vista it disables the screen save. When
> I unplug them, my screen saver comes on. I would really appreciate a
> response.

Doug

RE: Altec Lansing XT1 USB Speakers..
I have the Altec Lansing XT2 USB speakers and I have the same problem. I also
contact Altec Lansing's support and I got the same answer :

I believe its going to be a compatibility issue with Windows Vista, our
speakers dont have any drivers they only use the ines provided by windows. I
would recomend to download the lates Windows updates. (but any of them can
solve the problem)

Does anyone have a solution ?