striped disk gone after installing vista

=?Utf-8?B?TGVvbiBmcm9tIEhvbGxhbmQ=?=

striped disk gone after installing vista
Hello,

In my XP setting i had 4 drives 2 raptors en 2 maxtor both striped. After
installing Vista the 2 raptors are still striped as volums C: but the 2
maxtors are now simple 2 disks both 239 GB. It is not possible to stripe
them. I just cannot get them dynamic. Even Diskpart failes by saying: (Not
supported by Vista???)
I got me an Vista Upgrape so i do not want to format C: because i don't know
if the upgrade wil install Vista.......Who can help me?
--
Leon
=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

RE: striped disk gone after installing vista
Did you Upgrade the XP install or install a new Vista over the C RAID 0 volume?
Either way, you may need to go into your BIOS at boot, insure the 2nd RAID
on the Maxtor drives is still set up properly. DON"T do anything with those
drives until you get the RAID 0 working properly. Your data is still there,
you just can't see it now because the RAID is busted.

"Leon from Holland" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In my XP setting i had 4 drives 2 raptors en 2 maxtor both striped. After
> installing Vista the 2 raptors are still striped as volums C: but the 2
> maxtors are now simple 2 disks both 239 GB. It is not possible to stripe
> them. I just cannot get them dynamic. Even Diskpart failes by saying: (Not
> supported by Vista???)
> I got me an Vista Upgrape so i do not want to format C: because i don't know
> if the upgrade wil install Vista.......Who can help me?
> --
> Leon

=?Utf-8?B?TGVvbiBmcm9tIEhvbGxhbmQ=?=

RE: striped disk gone after installing vista
Hello i did not change anything.
I do had to correct the Nforce raid interface with F10 but even after
rebooting, vista did not saw the drives as raid 0.
And i lost all the data. happely i had a backup.

Also i saw that the drive are now basic instad of being dynamic. For now i
think this may help. Diskpart wil also not work on Vista Home Premium. I just
don't understand....

Anybody more suggestions??

--
Leon