RE: Vista ready printers

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXN0aWFu?=

RE: Vista ready printers
lol,same boat ur in got the new vista system up but none of my accessories
work my printer did at first under system ad new printer but stopped after i
reset my computer message comes up" insert cd 'drivers dont work ,,,,,,ive
called hp and they said in about two weeks there going to start releasing
drivers on the hp site

"rvpaul" wrote:

> I need a printer to replace my Photosmart 7150 since there is no drivers
> available. What is out there that is Vista ready?

Bssgrl

RE: Vista ready printers
I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with Vista, I
had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an error when I
go to print. I have contacted HP and they tell me because my machine, which
is in perfect working condition, is 5 yrs old it will not work with Vista. I
find this totally unacceptable and would like to find a solution to this
other than spending more money unneccessarily to get a 2nd printer that I
don't want or have room for
Any real suggestions out there?

--
VISTA IS EVIL

"christian" wrote:

> lol,same boat ur in got the new vista system up but none of my accessories
> work my printer did at first under system ad new printer but stopped after i
> reset my computer message comes up" insert cd 'drivers dont work ,,,,,,ive
> called hp and they said in about two weeks there going to start releasing
> drivers on the hp site
>

> "rvpaul" wrote:
>
> > I need a printer to replace my Photosmart 7150 since there is no drivers
> > available. What is out there that is Vista ready?

Jim

Re: Vista ready printers

"Bssgrl" <vistaiseveil@billgates.com> wrote in message
>I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with Vista, I
> had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an error
> when I
> go to print. I have contacted HP and they tell me because my machine,
> which
> is in perfect working condition, is 5 yrs old it will not work with Vista.
> find this totally unacceptable and would like to find a solution to this
> other than spending more money unneccessarily to get a 2nd printer that I
> don't want or have room for
> Any real suggestions out there?
>
> --
> VISTA IS EVIL
>

> "christian" wrote:
>
>> lol,same boat ur in got the new vista system up but none of my
>> accessories
>> work my printer did at first under system ad new printer but stopped
>> after i
>> reset my computer message comes up" insert cd 'drivers dont work
>> ,,,,,,ive
>> called hp and they said in about two weeks there going to start releasing
>> drivers on the hp site
>>

>> "rvpaul" wrote:
>>
>> > I need a printer to replace my Photosmart 7150 since there is no
>> > drivers
>> > available. What is out there that is Vista ready?

The solution to your problem isn't going to change. Buy another printer.
That's just the way it is.

Bob F.

Re: Vista ready printers
This is what the HP site says:
________________
HP PSC 500/500xi All-in-One
Introduction
The driver solution for this product is included in your Windows Vista
operating system and is already on your computer. There is no need to
download anything . Follow the steps below to quickly and easily get your
product working with Windows Vista.
Installing the printer driver
Verify that the printer is turned on.
Connect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable to the printer and to the
computer.
A Your devices are ready to use window might display on the screen. If the
window displays and does not close automatically, close the window.
Print a test page to verify that the printer is working correctly.
_________________

I remember the HP printer I had came with both a parallel and USB port.
Which one are you using?
Bob F.

"Jim" <Noon@nnnnno.net> wrote in message

> "Bssgrl" <vistaiseveil@billgates.com> wrote in message
>>I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with Vista,
>> had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an error
>> when I
>> go to print. I have contacted HP and they tell me because my machine,
>> which
>> is in perfect working condition, is 5 yrs old it will not work with
>> Vista. I
>> find this totally unacceptable and would like to find a solution to this
>> other than spending more money unneccessarily to get a 2nd printer that I
>> don't want or have room for
>> Any real suggestions out there?
>>
>> --
>> VISTA IS EVIL
>>

>> "christian" wrote:
>>
>>> lol,same boat ur in got the new vista system up but none of my
>>> accessories
>>> work my printer did at first under system ad new printer but stopped
>>> after i
>>> reset my computer message comes up" insert cd 'drivers dont work
>>> ,,,,,,ive
>>> called hp and they said in about two weeks there going to start
>>> releasing
>>> drivers on the hp site

> The solution to your problem isn't going to change. Buy another printer.
> That's just the way it is.

Hobo

Re: Vista ready printers

Bob F. wrote:
> This is what the HP site says:
> ________________
> HP PSC 500/500xi All-in-One
> Introduction
> The driver solution for this product is included in your Windows Vista
> operating system and is already on your computer. There is no need to
> download anything . Follow the steps below to quickly and easily get
> your product working with Windows Vista.
> Installing the printer driver
> Verify that the printer is turned on.
> Connect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable to the printer and to the
> computer.
> A Your devices are ready to use window might display on the screen. If
> the window displays and does not close automatically, close the window.
> Print a test page to verify that the printer is working correctly.
> _________________
>
> I remember the HP printer I had came with both a parallel and USB port.
> Which one are you using?
> Bob F.

In addition to what Bob said, it's very important that the
drivers be installed *before* the printer is connected to
the computer. This seems to be a requirement with almost all
HP drivers.

Hobo

> "Jim" <Noon@nnnnno.net> wrote in message
>

>> "Bssgrl" <vistaiseveil@billgates.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with
>>> Vista, I
>>> had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an
>>> error when I
>>> go to print. I have contacted HP and they tell me because my machine,
>>> which
>>> is in perfect working condition, is 5 yrs old it will not work with
>>> Vista. I
>>> find this totally unacceptable and would like to find a solution to this
>>> other than spending more money unneccessarily to get a 2nd printer
>>> that I
>>> don't want or have room for
>>> Any real suggestions out there?
>>>
>>> --
>>> VISTA IS EVIL

>> The solution to your problem isn't going to change. Buy another
>> printer. That's just the way it is.

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Vista ready printers
You can do an in-place upgrade first instead of a fresh install. Insert the
dvd at the desktop and click install now. Pay careful attention to any
compatibility report. You will need to go to WU and bring the system back
up to date with patches but you will not have to reinstall any apps.

news:R7WdneNOJPGYECranZ2dnUVZ_oCvnZ2d@giganews.com ...