how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can run?

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBG?=

how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can run?
I have 2gb of RAM, an AMD dual-core processor at 1.8GHZ, and 256mb video card.

So: which version of Vista would I be able to run?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave B.

Re: how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can run?
Any one of them, which one you get depends on the features you want.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"Dave F" <DaveF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2gb of RAM, an AMD dual-core processor at 1.8GHZ, and 256mb video
>card.
>
> So: which version of Vista would I be able to run?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
> --
> A hint to posters: Specific, detailed questions are more likely to be
> answered than questions that provide no detail about your problem.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBG?=

Re: how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can r
So, I could run Vista Ultimate? With the Aero interface?

Dave

"Dave B." wrote:

> Any one of them, which one you get depends on the features you want.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> "Dave F" <DaveF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 2gb of RAM, an AMD dual-core processor at 1.8GHZ, and 256mb video
> >card.
> >
> > So: which version of Vista would I be able to run?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dave
> > --
> > A hint to posters: Specific, detailed questions are more likely to be
> > answered than questions that provide no detail about your problem.

Dustin Harper

Re: how do I know which version of windows vista my computer canr
Yes, you could. Well 99% sure. What kind of video card do you have?

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

Dave F wrote:
> So, I could run Vista Ultimate? With the Aero interface?
>
> Dave

Dave B.

Re: how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can r
Ultimate, yes. You didn't say which video card you have, but I would guess
yes on aero.

--
----
> So, I could run Vista Ultimate? With the Aero interface?
>
> Dave
> --
> A hint to posters: Specific, detailed questions are more likely to be
> answered than questions that provide no detail about your problem.
>

> "Dave B." wrote:
>
>> Any one of them, which one you get depends on the features you want.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "Dave F" <DaveF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have 2gb of RAM, an AMD dual-core processor at 1.8GHZ, and 256mb video
>> >card.
>> >
>> > So: which version of Vista would I be able to run?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Dave
>> > --
>> > A hint to posters: Specific, detailed questions are more likely to be
>> > answered than questions that provide no detail about your problem.

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBG?=

Re: how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can r
Fair point. Will have to check and get back to you (this is my home PC I'm
talking about, and I'm not home right now).

Thanks.

"Dave B." wrote:

> Ultimate, yes. You didn't say which video card you have, but I would guess
> yes on aero.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> "Dave F" <DaveF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So, I could run Vista Ultimate? With the Aero interface?
> >
> > Dave
> > --
> > A hint to posters: Specific, detailed questions are more likely to be
> > answered than questions that provide no detail about your problem.
> >

> > "Dave B." wrote:
> >
> >> Any one of them, which one you get depends on the features you want.
> >>
> >> --
> >> ----
> >> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> >> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> >> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >> http://www.db-pc.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete

Re: how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can r
He'd also have to have the updated MB drivers, audio drivers, etc. (If they
exist)
Just not worth the trouble.
-Pete

David Vair

Re: how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can run?
Use the upgrade advisor to let you know which version you are capable of running:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...deadvisor.mspx
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"Dave F" <DaveF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2gb of RAM, an AMD dual-core processor at 1.8GHZ, and 256mb video card.
>
> So: which version of Vista would I be able to run?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
> --
> A hint to posters: Specific, detailed questions are more likely to be
> answered than questions that provide no detail about your problem.

mbg

Re: how do I know which version of windows vista my computer can run?
If you can run Home Premium with Aero, you can run any of the Vista
versions...

Matt.

"David Vair" <dvair@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> Use the upgrade advisor to let you know which version you are capable of
> running:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...deadvisor.mspx
> --
> Dave Vair
> CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

Sorry Dave, but the advisor can only check the few major issues -Ram,
Processor Speed, etc.
The advisor can't assure you that your MB drivers for example will work
correctly.
Vista drivers are yet to be created.