HP 1320 printer not getting the right number of copies

service

HP 1320 printer not getting the right number of copies
First, I had trouble posting to this site. I had to try four times.

Second, I have an HP 1320 printer which is about one year old. I had to buy
a new computer recently which came with Vista. I am having trouble getting
the number of copies I've clicked on. Even under ME or XP if I clicked two
copies, I only had to click on print. I never had to click on Apply. It
would just go back to the default setting of one copy after it printed the
two or three copies I wanted. Now, if I want to print more than one copy, I
click the amount to two, click on Apply, but I still get one copy not the two
or three copies I've clicked on and applied. Anybody else have this trouble
? I'm sorry I had to give up XP.
--
no signature
Anil Ghatikar

Re: HP 1320 printer not getting the right number of copies
Yes Even I have Vista Home premium and HP 1320. and the no of prints are
always one despite whtever settings.
I have tried all programmes Word, excel ,acrobat etc. It is a driver problem

Unfortunately HP claims that there are no seprate drivers as the driver is
bundeled with Vista

Anil

"service" <service@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First, I had trouble posting to this site. I had to try four times.
>
> Second, I have an HP 1320 printer which is about one year old. I had to
> buy
> a new computer recently which came with Vista. I am having trouble
> getting
> the number of copies I've clicked on. Even under ME or XP if I clicked
> two
> copies, I only had to click on print. I never had to click on Apply. It
> would just go back to the default setting of one copy after it printed the
> two or three copies I wanted. Now, if I want to print more than one copy,
> click the amount to two, click on Apply, but I still get one copy not the
> two
> or three copies I've clicked on and applied. Anybody else have this
> trouble
> ? I'm sorry I had to give up XP.
> --
> no signature

Anil Ghatikar

Re: HP 1320 printer not getting the right number of copies
SOLVED
Go to HP site and get the generic HP vista driver . listed under the correct
printer model.

Although all functionality is not available ( missing 1200 dpi printing and
fast/economy printing) the multiple copies do work.

Surprsingly after using this driver my other network machines gave a warning
that multiple prints are not possible. I had to maually uipdate all of them
with same driver

But Other functions such as docuble sides and fit to page work. Also the HP
tooolbox is replaced by now a coool popup showing print job/memory and ink
level

Anil