WMDC and HTC STRTRK

=?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24gUG9sbG9jaw==?=

WMDC and HTC STRTRK
I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and have everything working smoothly
except for WMDC; I've yet been unable to sync with my Cingular branded HTC
StrTrk phone. Upon plugging the phone in via USB, Windows searches for the
drivers and returns shortly with "Device Driver software was not successfully
installed. Windows mobile device Failed." I've attempted to use other phones
on this system with no improvement. Contacting Cingular or HTC has proved
fruitless.

Upon attempting to reinstall WMDC the "scanning preconfigured driver
locations" message pops up and stays that way for upwards of 8 hours after
which plugging in the phone reaches the same results.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Jeff

Re: WMDC and HTC STRTRK
Aaron,

Is that a Cingular 3125?
I'm assuming so, I have that one, if it is, and sorry to tell you this, but
no problems whatsoever using WMDC.
Did you install the final WMDC,and not the beta?
Are you running Vista x86 or x64? (I'm running x86)

The only issue I've had, is that HTC doesn't have modem drivers for
Vista yet, to use the phone as a modem for my laptop.
But their tech support said they are working on it.
Might want to try this ng too-- microsoft.public.smartphone

If I can help anymore; I'd be glad too.
Sorry, but no problems whatsoever running WMDC with a Cingular 3125 and
Ultimate x86

Jeff

"Aaron Pollock" <Aaron Pollock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and have everything working smoothly
> except for WMDC; I've yet been unable to sync with my Cingular branded HTC
> StrTrk phone. Upon plugging the phone in via USB, Windows searches for the
> drivers and returns shortly with "Device Driver software was not
> successfully
> installed. Windows mobile device Failed." I've attempted to use other
> phones
> on this system with no improvement. Contacting Cingular or HTC has proved
> fruitless.
>
> Upon attempting to reinstall WMDC the "scanning preconfigured driver
> locations" message pops up and stays that way for upwards of 8 hours after
> which plugging in the phone reaches the same results.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24gUG9sbG9jaw==?=

Re: WMDC and HTC STRTRK
Jeff,

Thank you for the quick response. You are correct on both accounts, I am
using the Cingular 3125 and x86. This is a retail copy, so I assume it's not
a beta, but I'll download the new one just in case. My roommate tried his
Spring PPC6700 on this PC as well to no avail. What are your pertinent
security and network settings? did you have to do anything special to get it
to work or just plug and play? I'll let the install run full circle, perhaps
I'm just being impatient.

Aaron

"Jeff" wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Is that a Cingular 3125?
> I'm assuming so, I have that one, if it is, and sorry to tell you this, but
> no problems whatsoever using WMDC.
> Did you install the final WMDC,and not the beta?
> Are you running Vista x86 or x64? (I'm running x86)
>
> The only issue I've had, is that HTC doesn't have modem drivers for
> Vista yet, to use the phone as a modem for my laptop.
> But their tech support said they are working on it.
> Might want to try this ng too-- microsoft.public.smartphone
>
> If I can help anymore; I'd be glad too.
> Sorry, but no problems whatsoever running WMDC with a Cingular 3125 and
> Ultimate x86
>
> Jeff
>
> "Aaron Pollock" <Aaron Pollock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and have everything working smoothly
> > except for WMDC; I've yet been unable to sync with my Cingular branded HTC
> > StrTrk phone. Upon plugging the phone in via USB, Windows searches for the
> > drivers and returns shortly with "Device Driver software was not
> > successfully
> > installed. Windows mobile device Failed." I've attempted to use other
> > phones
> > on this system with no improvement. Contacting Cingular or HTC has proved
> > fruitless.
> >
> > Upon attempting to reinstall WMDC the "scanning preconfigured driver
> > locations" message pops up and stays that way for upwards of 8 hours after
> > which plugging in the phone reaches the same results.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jeff

Re: WMDC and HTC STRTRK
Aaron,

When you say retail copy, do you mean the disc that comes with the
phone?
If so, last I checked, that disc has got Active Synch on it-not WMDC.
Sorry if you knew that,but the disc included with my phone(bought it 3 weeks
ago-is all)
is for xp only-not Vista.

Actually gotta run for now, but I'll get back to ya-
nope nothin special-just dloaded the x86 WMDC from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playLang=enOhh and let it install; it does look like it's not done-at least with me itdid.But when i plugged in the usb cable(hate that plug on the phone-btw) itfinished installing.Installed WMDC first, then plugged in the Star trek phone(LOL)NPLaptop is on "private" for network, and nothin special; runnin Avast AV(freebtw-and great), if you are runnin WLOC or even McAfee Enterprise 8.1 (or 8.5can't remember) for Vista, ya may need to disable them to get WMDC toinstall. With McAfee Enterprise-for sure disable it to install WMDC-McAfeeEnterprise doesn't let ya run from a temp folder to install(which is goodsecurity wise,but most installs do that)I'll get back to ya,ohh and chk out the smartphone newsgroup-lotsa ppl may be able to help inthere-microsoft.public.smartphone:-)Jeff"Aaron Pollock" <AaronPollock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:06896B4E-0AB9-4F7C-B297-F6ECA39A8D9B@microsoft.com...> Jeff,>> Thank you for the quick response. You are correct on both accounts, I am> using the Cingular 3125 and x86. This is a retail copy, so I assume it'snot> a beta, but I'll download the new one just in case. My roommate tried his> Spring PPC6700 on this PC as well to no avail. What are your pertinent> security and network settings? did you have to do anything special to getit> to work or just plug and play? I'll let the install run full circle,perhaps> I'm just being impatient.>> Aaron>> "Jeff" wrote:>>> Aaron,>>>> Is that a Cingular 3125?>> I'm assuming so, I have that one, if it is, and sorry to tell you this,but>> no problems whatsoever using WMDC.>> Did you install the final WMDC,and not the beta?>> Are you running Vista x86 or x64? (I'm running x86)>>>> The only issue I've had, is that HTC doesn't have modem drivers for>> Vista yet, to use the phone as a modem for my laptop.>> But their tech support said they are working on it.>> Might want to try this ng too-- microsoft.public.smartphone>>>> If I can help anymore; I'd be glad too.>> Sorry, but no problems whatsoever running WMDC with a Cingular 3125 and>> Ultimate x86>>>> Jeff>>>> "Aaron Pollock" <Aaron Pollock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote inmessage>> news:A39EB4EF-5CD1-4248-80CD-D7CAD20069BE@microsoft.com...>> >I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and have everything workingsmoothly>> > except for WMDC; I've yet been unable to sync with my Cingular brandedHTC>> > StrTrk phone. Upon plugging the phone in via USB, Windows searches forthe>> > drivers and returns shortly with "Device Driver software was not>> > successfully>> > installed. Windows mobile device Failed." I've attempted to use other>> > phones>> > on this system with no improvement. Contacting Cingular or HTC hasproved>> > fruitless.>> >>> > Upon attempting to reinstall WMDC the "scanning preconfigured driver>> > locations" message pops up and stays that way for upwards of 8 hoursafter>> > which plugging in the phone reaches the same results.>> >>> > Does anyone have any suggestions?>>>>
Jeff

Re: WMDC and HTC STRTRK
Aaron,

Sumfin funky happenned to my response.
It's all there-just gotta read it, seems the line breaks didn't populate.
Sorry
:-(

Jeff

"Aaron Pollock" <AaronPollock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jeff,
>
> Thank you for the quick response. You are correct on both accounts, I am
> using the Cingular 3125 and x86. This is a retail copy, so I assume it's
> not
> a beta, but I'll download the new one just in case. My roommate tried his
> Spring PPC6700 on this PC as well to no avail. What are your pertinent
> security and network settings? did you have to do anything special to get
> it
> to work or just plug and play? I'll let the install run full circle,
> perhaps
> I'm just being impatient.
>
> Aaron
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> Aaron,
>>
>> Is that a Cingular 3125?
>> I'm assuming so, I have that one, if it is, and sorry to tell you this,
>> but
>> no problems whatsoever using WMDC.
>> Did you install the final WMDC,and not the beta?
>> Are you running Vista x86 or x64? (I'm running x86)
>>
>> The only issue I've had, is that HTC doesn't have modem drivers for
>> Vista yet, to use the phone as a modem for my laptop.
>> But their tech support said they are working on it.
>> Might want to try this ng too-- microsoft.public.smartphone
>>
>> If I can help anymore; I'd be glad too.
>> Sorry, but no problems whatsoever running WMDC with a Cingular 3125 and
>> Ultimate x86
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "Aaron Pollock" <Aaron Pollock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and have everything working
>> >smoothly
>> > except for WMDC; I've yet been unable to sync with my Cingular branded
>> > HTC
>> > StrTrk phone. Upon plugging the phone in via USB, Windows searches for
>> > the
>> > drivers and returns shortly with "Device Driver software was not
>> > successfully
>> > installed. Windows mobile device Failed." I've attempted to use other
>> > phones
>> > on this system with no improvement. Contacting Cingular or HTC has
>> > proved
>> > fruitless.
>> >
>> > Upon attempting to reinstall WMDC the "scanning preconfigured driver
>> > locations" message pops up and stays that way for upwards of 8 hours
>> > after
>> > which plugging in the phone reaches the same results.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have any suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24gUG9sbG9jaw==?=

Re: WMDC and HTC STRTRK
Jeff,

The retail was in reference to Vista. Meaning it's not a beta or anything of
the like. I assume WMDC would be final as well, but I could be wrong. Either
way I've updated WMDC fully. From device manager this is the problem I am
running into.

<quote>
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the
driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code
is 10.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: TCPIP\WINDOWS_MOBILE_DEVICE
Setup class GUID: {eec5ad98-8080-425f-922a-dabf3de3f69a}
PnP problem code: 0000000A
Driver name: WUDFRd.sys
Driver version: 6.0.6000.16386
Driver date: 11-02-2006
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
</quote>

"Jeff" wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Sumfin funky happenned to my response.
> It's all there-just gotta read it, seems the line breaks didn't populate.
> Sorry
> :-(
>
> Jeff
>

> "Aaron Pollock" <AaronPollock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Jeff,
> >
> > Thank you for the quick response. You are correct on both accounts, I am
> > using the Cingular 3125 and x86. This is a retail copy, so I assume it's
> > not
> > a beta, but I'll download the new one just in case. My roommate tried his
> > Spring PPC6700 on this PC as well to no avail. What are your pertinent
> > security and network settings? did you have to do anything special to get
> > it
> > to work or just plug and play? I'll let the install run full circle,
> > perhaps
> > I'm just being impatient.
> >
> > Aaron
> >
> > "Jeff" wrote:
> >
> >> Aaron,
> >>
> >> Is that a Cingular 3125?
> >> I'm assuming so, I have that one, if it is, and sorry to tell you this,
> >> but
> >> no problems whatsoever using WMDC.
> >> Did you install the final WMDC,and not the beta?
> >> Are you running Vista x86 or x64? (I'm running x86)
> >>
> >> The only issue I've had, is that HTC doesn't have modem drivers for
> >> Vista yet, to use the phone as a modem for my laptop.
> >> But their tech support said they are working on it.
> >> Might want to try this ng too-- microsoft.public.smartphone
> >>
> >> If I can help anymore; I'd be glad too.
> >> Sorry, but no problems whatsoever running WMDC with a Cingular 3125 and
> >> Ultimate x86
> >>
> >> Jeff
> >>
> >> "Aaron Pollock" <Aaron Pollock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Jeff

Re: WMDC and HTC STRTRK
Aaron,

I'll look into it further, but try the smartphone newsgroup too-
microsoft.public.smartphone
I'm using a dell laptop-e1505-sorry-no problems here.
Umm, just from looking at that event id, and device manager-on my laptop
that's coming from the Portable Devices-subfile-Smartphone
My device manager sees that fine-all the guids match yours etc.

Don't get upset-but- have ya rebooted your pc?