Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card n

=?Utf-8?B?ZG9wcGVybWFu?=

Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card n
My Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card does NOT
appear to be supported by VISTA. I bought the laptop late last year (Nov.)
and it indicated it would support VISTA on the label and a free upgrade would
be possible if I bought it then.

I purchased Windows Vista Home Professional version and upgraded the Laptop
from Scratch from Windows XP Professional. It has not recognized a number of
things including the display adapter and the sound card/drivers.

HELP!!
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card n
Drivers are at the Toshiba website.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"dopperman" <dopperman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card does
> NOT
> appear to be supported by VISTA. I bought the laptop late last year (Nov.)
> and it indicated it would support VISTA on the label and a free upgrade
> would
> be possible if I bought it then.
>
> I purchased Windows Vista Home Professional version and upgraded the
> Laptop
> from Scratch from Windows XP Professional. It has not recognized a number
> of
> things including the display adapter and the sound card/drivers.
>
> HELP!!

=?Utf-8?B?ZG9wcGVybWFu?=

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video ca
Hi,

Drivers are not even at the nVidia site, and I checked the Toshiba site too
- nothing there.

The only Toshiba post for drivers is a BIOS update. No graphics driver
updates!!

Don

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Drivers are at the Toshiba website.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "dopperman" <dopperman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card does
> > NOT
> > appear to be supported by VISTA. I bought the laptop late last year (Nov.)
> > and it indicated it would support VISTA on the label and a free upgrade
> > would
> > be possible if I bought it then.
> >
> > I purchased Windows Vista Home Professional version and upgraded the
> > Laptop
> > from Scratch from Windows XP Professional. It has not recognized a number
> > of
> > things including the display adapter and the sound card/drivers.
> >
> > HELP!!

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card n
I'll give you another clue..... update the BIOS.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"dopperman" <dopperman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card does
> NOT
> appear to be supported by VISTA. I bought the laptop late last year (Nov.)
> and it indicated it would support VISTA on the label and a free upgrade
> would
> be possible if I bought it then.
>
> I purchased Windows Vista Home Professional version and upgraded the
> Laptop
> from Scratch from Windows XP Professional. It has not recognized a number
> of
> things including the display adapter and the sound card/drivers.
>
> HELP!!

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video ca
Once you've updated the BIOS, then Vista will install the correct drivers.
--

> Hi,
>
> Drivers are not even at the nVidia site, and I checked the Toshiba site
> too
> - nothing there.
>
> The only Toshiba post for drivers is a BIOS update. No graphics driver
> updates!!
>
> Don
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Drivers are at the Toshiba website.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "dopperman" <dopperman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card
>> > does
>> > NOT
>> > appear to be supported by VISTA. I bought the laptop late last year
>> > (Nov.)
>> > and it indicated it would support VISTA on the label and a free upgrade
>> > would
>> > be possible if I bought it then.
>> >
>> > I purchased Windows Vista Home Professional version and upgraded the
>> > Laptop
>> > from Scratch from Windows XP Professional. It has not recognized a
>> > number
>> > of
>> > things including the display adapter and the sound card/drivers.
>> >
>> > HELP!!

JW

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video ca
Neither NVIDIA or MS normally provide drivers for "GO" chips you will
probably be able to get updated drivers here:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com./

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Once you've updated the BIOS, then Vista will install the correct drivers.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "dopperman" <dopperman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Drivers are not even at the nVidia site, and I checked the Toshiba site
>> too
>> - nothing there.
>>
>> The only Toshiba post for drivers is a BIOS update. No graphics driver
>> updates!!
>>
>> Don
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>>
>>> Drivers are at the Toshiba website.
>>> --
>>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>>> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
>>> http://www.coribright.com/windows

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video ca
Which country are you in and checking for drivers -- what's available
in different countries does seem to vary. BTW That appears to be a
Satellite model number not a Satellite Pro.

On the US site there is a BIOS update:

Version 3.30 01-09-2007
Changes were made to support Windows Vista. This BIOS supports both
Windows Vista, and Windows XP.

and a utility "disk creator"

Patience I guess -- it's always dangerous to update laptop operating
systems and especially in early days.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video ca
There's a cheat.... download the beta Vista drivers from www.nvidia.com. (I
learned this from my ancient 2805-S402 notebook in the XP beta days).

Expand the file... we know it will tell you for some unknown reason that the
O/S you are using isn't Vista... heavens knows why. Well, I guess nVidia do
but they're not telling.

Go into Device Manager. Click on Standard VGA Adapter, then Properties,
just as if it said GeForceGo.... click on Browse My Computer.... then Let me
pick from a List... then with Standard VGA Adapter selected.... point it to
the Inf file in the x:\NVIDIA\WinVista\100.59 file that you downloaded and
expanded from the nVidia website... and it will actually install correctly.
I have the 9312 and told it I had a 7900 GS.... true apart from the fact
it's a Go chipset but it now behaves and displays correctly.

If you select Show All Devices and accidentally select the words GeForceGo
under Standard VGA Adapter, then you'll get the XP drivers that you had
before the Upgrade... and although most things will work, IE7 will refuse to
open! Which isn't very useful for when Toshiba finally get around to
writing drivers for us P105 users.

> [...]

>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "dopperman" <dopperman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card
>> > does
>> > NOT
>> > appear to be supported by VISTA. I bought the laptop late last year
>> > (Nov.)
>> > and it indicated it would support VISTA on the label and a free upgrade
>> > would
>> > be possible if I bought it then.
>> >
>> > I purchased Windows Vista Home Professional version and upgraded the
>> > Laptop
>> > from Scratch from Windows XP Professional. It has not recognized a
>> > number
>> > of
>> > things including the display adapter and the sound card/drivers.

Hugh Wyn Griffith

In article <eEUtxTMTHHA.4744@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:

> There's a cheat.... download the beta Vista drivers from www.nvidia.com.

That's often dangerous on laptops as here.