Trouble with Pioneeer 111D

deaden_07

Trouble with Pioneeer 111D

I found out that my external DVD drive with firmware 1.29 was the cause
of my Vista Ultimate 64 bit lockups and sudden power offs. So I removed
it from the enclosure and put it on the IDE channel on the motherboard.
Now if I put a disc in the drive Windows pauses all activity except for
already open windows and programs. I can call task manager, but until I
eject the disc it doesn't appear. As soon as I eject the disc, any
programs I tried to start open up.

How the heck can Vista not be compatible with an IDE DVD drive? XP had
no problems with it. So now I have to go buy a SATA DVD drive just to
be able to use basic functionality.

--
deaden_07
Jane C

Re: Trouble with Pioneeer 111D
Do you have the DVD drive correctly jumpered, ie master or slave? Is it on
the primary or secondary IDE channel?

(I have the 111D here, no issues at all with Vista)

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)

"deaden_07" <deaden_07.2v04p5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I found out that my external DVD drive with firmware 1.29 was the cause
> of my Vista Ultimate 64 bit lockups and sudden power offs. So I removed
> it from the enclosure and put it on the IDE channel on the motherboard.
> Now if I put a disc in the drive Windows pauses all activity except for
> already open windows and programs. I can call task manager, but until I
> eject the disc it doesn't appear. As soon as I eject the disc, any
> programs I tried to start open up.
>
> How the heck can Vista not be compatible with an IDE DVD drive? XP had
> no problems with it. So now I have to go buy a SATA DVD drive just to
> be able to use basic functionality.
>

> --
> deaden_07

deaden_07

Re: Trouble with Pioneeer 111D

Default Jumpering on the drive is for it to detect as the IDE Master.
If I boot into XP, it's just happy happy. I'm fairly certain it's a
problem with Vista and the IDE controller on the motherboard.

When the drive was in it's external enclosure it would cause random
instant power offs in Vista. I would have to unplug the psu for several
minutes just to be able to turn the system back on. If I turned the
drive on after Vista was running, it would hard lock the system
instantly.

Which jumper positions are you using?

--
deaden_07
Jane C

Re: Trouble with Pioneeer 111D
I have mine set as master on the secondary IDE channel.