Network card problem

Mahin

Network card problem
hi, i update my window xp to window vista business, now vista cannot find my
network card. I was using "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC".
I tried downloading new vista driver from realtek, but nothing happened. Main
thing is, vista can not find any network card installed. So, i tried taking
the card out and putting back again, still can't see any hardware changes.
Please help someone.... I read somewhere in the web that pci is an issue on
vista, sometime it doesn't get the card. please help....

thanks
mahin
Marjay

Re: Network card problem
Unfortunately Vista probably does not have driver support for that
older network card. Fortunately, you can buy a new network card for a
few dollars and it will work flawlessly. Thats what I did...

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 06:42:02 -0700, Mahin
<Mahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi, i update my window xp to window vista business, now vista cannot find my
>network card. I was using "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC".
>I tried downloading new vista driver from realtek, but nothing happened. Main
>thing is, vista can not find any network card installed. So, i tried taking
>the card out and putting back again, still can't see any hardware changes.
>Please help someone.... I read somewhere in the web that pci is an issue on
>vista, sometime it doesn't get the card. please help....
>
>thanks
>mahin

Mahin

Re: Network card problem
I have the latest driver for the card, but vista doesnot detect my card to
install it. Even if I select from the hardware list and add on my own, it
says windows cannot load driver for this device (code 31). I have tried
installing the card while my computer is on and it gets hanged.

thanka anyway for the response, may be some else will have better solution.

mahin

"Marjay" wrote:

> Unfortunately Vista probably does not have driver support for that
> older network card. Fortunately, you can buy a new network card for a
> few dollars and it will work flawlessly. Thats what I did...
>
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 06:42:02 -0700, Mahin
> <Mahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >hi, i update my window xp to window vista business, now vista cannot find my
> >network card. I was using "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC".
> >I tried downloading new vista driver from realtek, but nothing happened. Main
> >thing is, vista can not find any network card installed. So, i tried taking
> >the card out and putting back again, still can't see any hardware changes.
> >Please help someone.... I read somewhere in the web that pci is an issue on
> >vista, sometime it doesn't get the card. please help....
> >
> >thanks
> >mahin

Marjay

Re: Network card problem
You're beating a dead horse... Vista will not ever recognize that
network card I'm sure as its not Vista rated!!

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:26:10 -0700, Mahin
<Mahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have the latest driver for the card, but vista doesnot detect my card to
>install it. Even if I select from the hardware list and add on my own, it
>says windows cannot load driver for this device (code 31). I have tried
>installing the card while my computer is on and it gets hanged.
>
>thanka anyway for the response, may be some else will have better solution.
>
>mahin
>
>"Marjay" wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately Vista probably does not have driver support for that
>> older network card. Fortunately, you can buy a new network card for a
>> few dollars and it will work flawlessly. Thats what I did...
>>
>> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 06:42:02 -0700, Mahin
>> <Mahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >hi, i update my window xp to window vista business, now vista cannot find my
>> >network card. I was using "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC".
>> >I tried downloading new vista driver from realtek, but nothing happened. Main
>> >thing is, vista can not find any network card installed. So, i tried taking
>> >the card out and putting back again, still can't see any hardware changes.
>> >Please help someone.... I read somewhere in the web that pci is an issue on
>> >vista, sometime it doesn't get the card. please help....
>> >
>> >thanks
>> >mahin

D-Man

Re: Network card problem

"Marjay" wrote:

> You're beating a dead horse... Vista will not ever recognize that
> network card I'm sure as its not Vista rated!!

And You are being a jerk! why dont you use some forum etiquitte and tell
them that u dont know what to do, or just shut your mouth!