nvidia vista drivers don't detect hardware

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZWU=?=

nvidia vista drivers don't detect hardware
I have A Geforce FX5500 video card and when I try to install the drivers for
vista it says something like setup cannot find any drivers compatible with
your current hardware.
nicholas hall

Re: nvidia vista drivers don't detect hardware
I might be wrong but I think they have pulled support for that said card.

NIK

"mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have A Geforce FX5500 video card and when I try to install the drivers
>for
> vista it says something like setup cannot find any drivers compatible with
> your current hardware.

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZWU=?=

"nicholas hall" wrote:

> I might be wrong but I think they have pulled support for that said card.
>
> NIK
>
> "mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have A Geforce FX5500 video card and when I try to install the drivers
> >for
> > vista it says something like setup cannot find any drivers compatible with
> > your current hardware.

The card is in their vista compatible list so they should have vista drivers
for it you'd think.
Peter M

Re: nvidia vista drivers don't detect hardware
While it was supported during the vista beta period they've pulled support
for geforce5 cards on RTM, just like they did for nforce2 & 3 mobos.

> "nicholas hall" wrote:
>
>> I might be wrong but I think they have pulled support for that said card.
>>
>> NIK
>>
>> "mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have A Geforce FX5500 video card and when I try to install the
>> >drivers
>> >for
>> > vista it says something like setup cannot find any drivers compatible
>> > with
>> > your current hardware.
>> >

> The card is in their vista compatible list so they should have vista
> drivers
> for it you'd think.

Richard Urban

Re: nvidia vista drivers don't detect hardware
The card is NOT supported by the latest drivers.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "nicholas hall" wrote:
>
>> I might be wrong but I think they have pulled support for that said card.
>>
>> NIK
>>
>> "mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have A Geforce FX5500 video card and when I try to install the
>> >drivers
>> >for
>> > vista it says something like setup cannot find any drivers compatible
>> > with
>> > your current hardware.
>> >

> The card is in their vista compatible list so they should have vista
> drivers
> for it you'd think.

JW

Re: nvidia vista drivers don't detect hardware
You need to go back to the 96.85 drivers
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvist...supported.html
or to the 96.86 drivers that are came on the RTM DVD.

> The card is NOT supported by the latest drivers.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "nicholas hall" wrote:
>>
>>> I might be wrong but I think they have pulled support for that said
>>> card.
>>>
>>> NIK
>>>
>>> "mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> >

>> The card is in their vista compatible list so they should have vista
>> drivers
>> for it you'd think.

Ron Miller

Peter M wrote:
> While it was supported during the vista beta period they've pulled support
> for geforce5 cards on RTM, just like they did for nforce2 & 3 mobos.
>
> "mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "nicholas hall" wrote:
>>
>>> I might be wrong but I think they have pulled support for that said card.
>>>
>>> NIK
>>>
>>> "mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>> The card is in their vista compatible list so they should have vista
>> drivers
>> for it you'd think.

Do you by chance know what other cards they pulled support for in RTM?
JW

Re: nvidia vista drivers don't detect hardware
The geoforce 5 cards are supported in the RTM DVD driver release which was
96.86. If you are having trouble go back to that or to the 96.85 release
from the NVIDIA Website.
They have not stated why they are not supported in later Vista driver
releases and I would not be surprised if support returns since the users
installing the RTM release will have support .

"Ron Miller" <millerDOT90@osu.edu> wrote in message
> Peter M wrote:
>> While it was supported during the vista beta period they've pulled
>> support for geforce5 cards on RTM, just like they did for nforce2 & 3
>> mobos.
>>
>> "mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> The card is in their vista compatible list so they should have vista
>>> drivers
>>> for it you'd think.

> Do you by chance know what other cards they pulled support for in RTM?

dev

/Richard Urban/ said:

> The card is NOT supported by the latest drivers.

9.6.8.5 works fine with an MSI 5200 (NVidia) here. It should be
available on the Net.
=?Utf-8?B?VGF6eg==?=

Re: nvidia vista drivers don't detect hardware
I have downloaded, what it seems, to be every since 'beta-working' driver out
there and none of which works with vista. Nvidia 7900 is what I have and the
versions i have download are: 88.61_forceware_vista_x86_international ,
97.46_forceware_winvista_x86_international_whql,
100.59_winvista_32bit_english. Along with: nvidia
geforcego-92.52-vista32-whql, 9754_vista64. Each say the same *******' thing
about compatiblity.