Vista no longer recognizing one of my hard drives.

Lakesidezx

Vista no longer recognizing one of my hard drives.
Heres the situation. I had a drive lettered as E and all was fine in vista
land, till I tried to delete a folder on the drive, and kept getting a
message stating that I don't have permission to delete that folder (huh?
what? it IS my computer you know MS!), so I went into disk management to see
if there was something in there that might help me along with this after I
had already given permission to everyone with the permissions on that
folder.

The disk managment said that it was connecting up to disk services and when
it finally did, the E drive vanished from my computer.

Now my bios recognizes and sees the drive just fine but now Vista home
premium 32bit doesn't.

How do I get this drive back in vista. I need it as it holds data that I
require for my business.

Thanks,

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Vista no longer recognizing one of my hard drives.
Some folders are protected and require administrator privileges..

Re. the missing drive, do NOT access the drive at all, not for any reason..
you will need the help of a knowledgeable local professional repair person
who is versed in recovering data from stricken drives.. take the computer or
drive to such a person at your earliest convenience..

"Lakesidezx" <lakesidezx@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Heres the situation. I had a drive lettered as E and all was fine in
> vista land, till I tried to delete a folder on the drive, and kept getting
> a message stating that I don't have permission to delete that folder (huh?
> what? it IS my computer you know MS!), so I went into disk management to
> see if there was something in there that might help me along with this
> after I had already given permission to everyone with the permissions on
> that folder.
>
> The disk managment said that it was connecting up to disk services and
> when it finally did, the E drive vanished from my computer.
>
> Now my bios recognizes and sees the drive just fine but now Vista home
> premium 32bit doesn't.
>
> How do I get this drive back in vista. I need it as it holds data that I
> require for my business.
>
> Thanks,

Lakesidezx

Re: Vista no longer recognizing one of my hard drives.
Well I managed to fix it.

I rebooted the computer again and went into the bios to ensure that the
drive was being recognized and it was, I then exited the bios and let
windows vista boot up and now it recognizes the drive just fine again.

The only problem being that for some reason vista has decided to lose all my
passwords that I tell vista to save when I enter usernames and passwords in
web forms and even my email login passwords in windows mail, but I don't
attribute that to the hard drive because none of that is stored on that
drive as it's only a data drive that I store business documents on, which
will now be backed up again due to what happened yesterday with vista
stopping to recognize the drive.

Thanks for the response though it is appreciated.