LEXMARK MULTIFUNCTION X7170

g4yjs

LEXMARK MULTIFUNCTION X7170
To all the group good to be a part of the group I hope that like myself you
are all enjoying Vista.
I am using Vista ultimate and am absulutly thrilled with it.
EXEPT Lexmark inform me they have no intention of providing Vista drivers
for the X7170 which is a brilliant machine with great software,I cannot
possibly and dont see why I need to buy a new MFP this one is less than 12
months old just put new cartridges in at over £65.
In old style printers if the required driver was not available it was
posible to use''generic,print only''drivers.
Is anyone aware of a similar faccility for modern printers please,,,,,using
USB connections.
cheers to all Barrie g4yjs.

Kevin Spencer

Re: LEXMARK MULTIFUNCTION X7170
According to their Vista compatbility page, it will be available soon:

http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...567_en,00.html

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Software Composer
http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

The shortest distance between 2 points is a curve.

"g4yjs" <g4yjs@talktalk.net> wrote in message
> To all the group good to be a part of the group I hope that like myself
> you are all enjoying Vista.
> I am using Vista ultimate and am absulutly thrilled with it.
> EXEPT Lexmark inform me they have no intention of providing Vista drivers
> for the X7170 which is a brilliant machine with great software,I cannot
> possibly and dont see why I need to buy a new MFP this one is less than 12
> months old just put new cartridges in at over £65.
> In old style printers if the required driver was not available it was
> posible to use''generic,print only''drivers.
> Is anyone aware of a similar faccility for modern printers
> please,,,,,using USB connections.
> cheers to all Barrie g4yjs.

=?Utf-8?B?TmV3IHZpc3RhIHVzZXI=?=

RE: LEXMARK MULTIFUNCTION X7170
the driver is now out there, were you able to download the driver and is your
7170 working now. I aslo have a new 7170 and i cannot get my laptop to
communicate with the printer even after downloading the new driver from the
website....

"g4yjs" wrote:

> To all the group good to be a part of the group I hope that like myself you
> are all enjoying Vista.
> I am using Vista ultimate and am absulutly thrilled with it.
> EXEPT Lexmark inform me they have no intention of providing Vista drivers
> for the X7170 which is a brilliant machine with great software,I cannot
> possibly and dont see why I need to buy a new MFP this one is less than 12
> months old just put new cartridges in at over 65.
> In old style printers if the required driver was not available it was
> posible to use''generic,print only''drivers.
> Is anyone aware of a similar faccility for modern printers please,,,,,using
> USB connections.
> cheers to all Barrie g4yjs.

eric.blanchette@digitalmatrices.com

Re: LEXMARK MULTIFUNCTION X7170
On Apr 8, 5:48 pm, New vista user <New vista user
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> the driver is now out there, were you able to download the driver and is your
> 7170 working now. I aslo have a new 7170 and i cannot get my laptop to
> communicate with the printer even after downloading the new driver from the
> website....
>

> "g4yjs" wrote:
> > To all the group good to be a part of the group I hope that like myself you
> > are all enjoyingVista.
> > I am usingVistaultimate and am absulutly thrilled with it.
> > EXEPT Lexmark inform me they have no intention of providingVistadrivers
> > for theX7170which is a brilliant machine with great software,I cannot
> > possibly and dont see why I need to buy a new MFP this one is less than 12
> > months old just put new cartridges in at over 65.
> > In old style printers if the required driver was not available it was
> > posible to use''generic,print only''drivers.
> > Is anyone aware of a similar faccility for modern printers please,,,,,using
> > USB connections.
> > cheers to all Barrie g4yjs.- Hide quoted text -

Have you tested this? I tried installing it they day it came out and
it doesn't work at all.

=?Utf-8?B?SGFycnk=?=

Re: LEXMARK MULTIFUNCTION X7170
Using Windows Explorer (Windows Vista Preimum) go to
c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3
Delete all the modules you can starting with "lxbx"
Empty the recycle bin
Reboot
Download the Vista X7170 Lexmark driver from Lexmark.com

Got this information from Lexmark and it worked

"eric.blanchette@digitalmatrices.com" wrote:

> On Apr 8, 5:48 pm, New vista user <New vista user
> @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > the driver is now out there, were you able to download the driver and is your
> > 7170 working now. I aslo have a new 7170 and i cannot get my laptop to
> > communicate with the printer even after downloading the new driver from the
> > website....
> >

> > "g4yjs" wrote:
> > > To all the group good to be a part of the group I hope that like myself you
> > > are all enjoyingVista.
> > > I am usingVistaultimate and am absulutly thrilled with it.
> > > EXEPT Lexmark inform me they have no intention of providingVistadrivers
> > > for theX7170which is a brilliant machine with great software,I cannot
> > > possibly and dont see why I need to buy a new MFP this one is less than 12
> > > months old just put new cartridges in at over 65.
> > > In old style printers if the required driver was not available it was
> > > posible to use''generic,print only''drivers.
> > > Is anyone aware of a similar faccility for modern printers please,,,,,using
> > > USB connections.
> > > cheers to all Barrie g4yjs.- Hide quoted text -

> Have you tested this? I tried installing it they day it came out and
> it doesn't work at all.

=?Utf-8?B?SGFycnk=?=

On Apr 12, 3:24 pm, Harry <H...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> UsingWindowsExplorer (WindowsVistaPreimum) go to
> c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3
> Delete all the modules you can starting with "lxbx"
> Empty the recycle bin
> Reboot
> Download theVistaX7170Lexmark driver from Lexmark.com
>
> Got this information from Lexmark and it worked
>

> "g4yjs" wrote:
> > To all the group good to be a part of the group I hope that like myself you
> > are all enjoyingVista.
> > I am usingVistaultimate and am absulutly thrilled with it.
> > EXEPT Lexmark inform me they have no intention of providingVistadrivers
> > for theX7170which is a brilliant machine with great software,I cannot
> > possibly and dont see why I need to buy a new MFP this one is less than 12
> > months old just put new cartridges in at over 65.
> > In old style printers if the required driver was not available it was
> > posible to use''generic,print only''drivers.
> > Is anyone aware of a similar faccility for modern printers please,,,,,using
> > USB connections.
> > cheers to all Barrie g4yjs.- Hide quoted text -

THANK YOU! This worked like a charm.