TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center

=?Utf-8?B?RGFyaW5fU1RM?=

TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up TV
in Media Center

I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any
errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows
Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista.

I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to
setup the TV in Media Center. The message indicates Tuner not found. When I
exit Media Center there is a window that indicates Media Center encountered
and error and when I close this window anther window appears that indicates I
can receive more information by clicking on it. Then a help window appears
that indicates DEP may be the issue with instruction on how to remove an
applicaiton from DEP, but when I attempt to exclude Media Center DEP I
receive a message that indicates you can not turn DEP off for Media Center (I
do not have the exact message as I am currently at work).

I have tried every driver on Hauppauge web site but still receive this
message. I can use the WinTV2000 application from Hauppauge to watch TV but
still receive the error message in Media Center.

My HP m7680n came with Nvidia GeForce 7300LE and Hauppauge WinTV PCI II
(26xxx). I was under the impression if the computer was advertised as being
Windows Vista Capable / Window Premium Ready and the Windows Vista Upgrade
Advisor indicated that the hardware met the Premium requirements that the
system could be upgraded.

I contacted MS Support and received an email requesting more information,
but when I replied to the email address I the mail is returned. I tried to
Chat with an MS representative for the past couple of days but receive a
message that there are no chat sessions please check back later.

JW

Re: TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
Is the top driver in the following link is the 26xx driver for Vista is it
the one you installed?

"Darin_STL" <DarinSTL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up
> TV
> in Media Center
>
> I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any
> errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows
> Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista.
>
> I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to
> setup the TV in Media Center. The message indicates Tuner not found.
> When I
> exit Media Center there is a window that indicates Media Center
> encountered
> and error and when I close this window anther window appears that
> indicates I
> can receive more information by clicking on it. Then a help window
> appears
> that indicates DEP may be the issue with instruction on how to remove an
> applicaiton from DEP, but when I attempt to exclude Media Center DEP I
> receive a message that indicates you can not turn DEP off for Media Center
> (I
> do not have the exact message as I am currently at work).
>
> I have tried every driver on Hauppauge web site but still receive this
> message. I can use the WinTV2000 application from Hauppauge to watch TV
> but
> still receive the error message in Media Center.
>
> My HP m7680n came with Nvidia GeForce 7300LE and Hauppauge WinTV PCI II
> (26xxx). I was under the impression if the computer was advertised as
> being
> Windows Vista Capable / Window Premium Ready and the Windows Vista Upgrade
> Advisor indicated that the hardware met the Premium requirements that the
> system could be upgraded.
>
> I contacted MS Support and received an email requesting more information,
> but when I replied to the email address I the mail is returned. I tried
> Chat with an MS representative for the past couple of days but receive a
> message that there are no chat sessions please check back later.

JW

Re: TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
Woops forgot the link:

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...150.html#vista

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> Is the top driver in the following link is the 26xx driver for Vista is it
> the one you installed?
>
> "Darin_STL" <DarinSTL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up
>> TV
>> in Media Center
>>
>> I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any
>> errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows
>> Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista.
>>
>> I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to
>> setup the TV in Media Center. The message indicates Tuner not found.
>> When I
>> exit Media Center there is a window that indicates Media Center
>> encountered
>> and error and when I close this window anther window appears that
>> indicates I
>> can receive more information by clicking on it. Then a help window
>> appears
>> that indicates DEP may be the issue with instruction on how to remove an
>> applicaiton from DEP, but when I attempt to exclude Media Center DEP I
>> receive a message that indicates you can not turn DEP off for Media
>> Center (I
>> do not have the exact message as I am currently at work).
>>
>> I have tried every driver on Hauppauge web site but still receive this
>> message. I can use the WinTV2000 application from Hauppauge to watch TV
>> but
>> still receive the error message in Media Center.
>>
>> My HP m7680n came with Nvidia GeForce 7300LE and Hauppauge WinTV PCI II
>> (26xxx). I was under the impression if the computer was advertised as
>> being
>> Windows Vista Capable / Window Premium Ready and the Windows Vista
>> Upgrade
>> Advisor indicated that the hardware met the Premium requirements that the
>> system could be upgraded.
>>
>> I contacted MS Support and received an email requesting more information,
>> but when I replied to the email address I the mail is returned. I tried
>> Chat with an MS representative for the past couple of days but receive a
>> message that there are no chat sessions please check back later.

=?Utf-8?B?RGFyaW5fU1RM?=

Re: TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
This is the driver that I currently have installed, but it does not work.
(This was the driver that Vista installed after I upgraded and ran the
windows update). I have tried older drivers, but when I try to use the
"clean" software provided by hauppauge I receive multiple error messages.

If you have any other suggestion I am willing to try. . .

"JW" wrote:

> Woops forgot the link:
>
> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...150.html#vista
>

> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> > Is the top driver in the following link is the 26xx driver for Vista is it
> > the one you installed?
> >
> > "Darin_STL" <DarinSTL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up
> >> TV
> >> in Media Center
> >>
> >> I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any
> >> errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows
> >> Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista.
> >>
> >> I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to
> >> setup the TV in Media Center. The message indicates Tuner not found.
> >> When I
> >> exit Media Center there is a window that indicates Media Center
> >> encountered
> >> and error and when I close this window anther window appears that
> >> indicates I
> >> can receive more information by clicking on it. Then a help window
> >> appears
> >> that indicates DEP may be the issue with instruction on how to remove an
> >> applicaiton from DEP, but when I attempt to exclude Media Center DEP I
> >> receive a message that indicates you can not turn DEP off for Media
> >> Center (I
> >> do not have the exact message as I am currently at work).
> >>
> >> I have tried every driver on Hauppauge web site but still receive this
> >> message. I can use the WinTV2000 application from Hauppauge to watch TV
> >> but
> >> still receive the error message in Media Center.
> >>
> >> My HP m7680n came with Nvidia GeForce 7300LE and Hauppauge WinTV PCI II
> >> (26xxx). I was under the impression if the computer was advertised as
> >> being
> >> Windows Vista Capable / Window Premium Ready and the Windows Vista
> >> Upgrade
> >> Advisor indicated that the hardware met the Premium requirements that the
> >> system could be upgraded.
> >>
> >> I contacted MS Support and received an email requesting more information,
> >> but when I replied to the email address I the mail is returned. I tried
> >> Chat with an MS representative for the past couple of days but receive a
> >> message that there are no chat sessions please check back later.

Peter M

Re: TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
WinTV2000 is not certified for MCE and has no vista drivers due to being a
non-hardware mpeg tuner. You have to use the viewing app that came with the
card or a 3rd party one such as GBPVR, Beyond TV, etc.

"Darin_STL" <DarinSTL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up
> TV
> in Media Center
>
> I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any
> errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows
> Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista.
>
> I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to
> setup the TV in Media Center. The message indicates Tuner not found.
> When I
> exit Media Center there is a window that indicates Media Center
> encountered
> and error and when I close this window anther window appears that
> indicates I
> can receive more information by clicking on it. Then a help window
> appears
> that indicates DEP may be the issue with instruction on how to remove an
> applicaiton from DEP, but when I attempt to exclude Media Center DEP I
> receive a message that indicates you can not turn DEP off for Media Center
> (I
> do not have the exact message as I am currently at work).
>
> I have tried every driver on Hauppauge web site but still receive this
> message. I can use the WinTV2000 application from Hauppauge to watch TV
> but
> still receive the error message in Media Center.
>
> My HP m7680n came with Nvidia GeForce 7300LE and Hauppauge WinTV PCI II
> (26xxx). I was under the impression if the computer was advertised as
> being
> Windows Vista Capable / Window Premium Ready and the Windows Vista Upgrade
> Advisor indicated that the hardware met the Premium requirements that the
> system could be upgraded.
>
> I contacted MS Support and received an email requesting more information,
> but when I replied to the email address I the mail is returned. I tried
> Chat with an MS representative for the past couple of days but receive a
> message that there are no chat sessions please check back later.

Peter M

Re: TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
Problem is, that driver is for 150 PVR series with hardware mpeg and won't
work with a wintv2000.

> This is the driver that I currently have installed, but it does not work.
> (This was the driver that Vista installed after I upgraded and ran the
> windows update). I have tried older drivers, but when I try to use the
> "clean" software provided by hauppauge I receive multiple error messages.
>
> If you have any other suggestion I am willing to try. . .
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Woops forgot the link:
>>
>> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...150.html#vista
>>

>> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>> > Is the top driver in the following link is the 26xx driver for Vista is
>> > it
>> > the one you installed?

JW

Re: TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
WinTV2000 is not a tuner Card it is Hauppauge TV Software application which
works with all of their cards and it works just fine in VISTA. I actually
use it insted of the MediaCenter TV application with my 150 card on VISTA.

"Peter M" <phmcn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> WinTV2000 is not certified for MCE and has no vista drivers due to being a
> non-hardware mpeg tuner. You have to use the viewing app that came with
> the card or a 3rd party one such as GBPVR, Beyond TV, etc.
>
> "Darin_STL" <DarinSTL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up
>> TV
>> in Media Center
>>
>> I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any
>> errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows
>> Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista.
>>
>> I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to
>> setup the TV in Media Center. The message indicates Tuner not found.
>> When I
>> exit Media Center there is a window that indicates Media Center
>> encountered
>> and error and when I close this window anther window appears that
>> indicates I
>> can receive more information by clicking on it. Then a help window
>> appears
>> that indicates DEP may be the issue with instruction on how to remove an
>> applicaiton from DEP, but when I attempt to exclude Media Center DEP I
>> receive a message that indicates you can not turn DEP off for Media
>> Center (I
>> do not have the exact message as I am currently at work).
>>
>> I have tried every driver on Hauppauge web site but still receive this
>> message. I can use the WinTV2000 application from Hauppauge to watch TV
>> but
>> still receive the error message in Media Center.
>>
>> My HP m7680n came with Nvidia GeForce 7300LE and Hauppauge WinTV PCI II
>> (26xxx). I was under the impression if the computer was advertised as
>> being
>> Windows Vista Capable / Window Premium Ready and the Windows Vista
>> Upgrade
>> Advisor indicated that the hardware met the Premium requirements that the
>> system could be upgraded.
>>
>> I contacted MS Support and received an email requesting more information,
>> but when I replied to the email address I the mail is returned. I tried
>> Chat with an MS representative for the past couple of days but receive a
>> message that there are no chat sessions please check back later.

Donald McDaniel

Re: TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
"Darin_STL" <DarinSTL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up
> TV
> in Media Center
>
> I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any
> errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows
> Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista.
>
> I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to
> setup the TV in Media Center. The message indicates Tuner not found.
> When I
> exit Media Center there is a window that indicates Media Center
> encountered
> and error and when I close this window anther window appears that
> indicates I
> can receive more information by clicking on it. Then a help window
> appears
> that indicates DEP may be the issue with instruction on how to remove an
> applicaiton from DEP, but when I attempt to exclude Media Center DEP I
> receive a message that indicates you can not turn DEP off for Media Center
> (I
> do not have the exact message as I am currently at work).
>
> I have tried every driver on Hauppauge web site but still receive this
> message. I can use the WinTV2000 application from Hauppauge to watch TV
> but
> still receive the error message in Media Center.
>
> My HP m7680n came with Nvidia GeForce 7300LE and Hauppauge WinTV PCI II
> (26xxx). I was under the impression if the computer was advertised as
> being
> Windows Vista Capable / Window Premium Ready and the Windows Vista Upgrade
> Advisor indicated that the hardware met the Premium requirements that the
> system could be upgraded.
>
> I contacted MS Support and received an email requesting more information,
> but when I replied to the email address I the mail is returned. I tried
> Chat with an MS representative for the past couple of days but receive a
> message that there are no chat sessions please check back later.

I know for a fact that the nVidia GeForce 7300 LE uses SHARED memory. In
fact, at least HALF of it comes from the System memory pool, not onboard
VRAM. This might be your problem.

I also got this card in my Dell Dimension E520, but when I got it home, I
looked up the card info on nVidia's site, and found that the 256MB card I
thought I thought I ordered was only 128MB, and the rest came from the
memory pool.

You can imagine the stink I gave Dell support, and they immediately shipped
me an ATI x1300 Pro, which DOES have an actual 256MB onboard VRAM.
Big difference, I assure you...

--

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

Theo Klerkx

Re: TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
That's correct
But.... I have no problems with the 150 and Media Center.
My problem is.....WinTV2000 isn't working....
Got an h10 (?) something like error.

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> schreef in bericht
> WinTV2000 is not a tuner Card it is Hauppauge TV Software application
> which works with all of their cards and it works just fine in VISTA. I
> actually use it insted of the MediaCenter TV application with my 150 card
> on VISTA.
>
> "Peter M" <phmcn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> WinTV2000 is not certified for MCE and has no vista drivers due to being
>> a non-hardware mpeg tuner. You have to use the viewing app that came with
>> the card or a 3rd party one such as GBPVR, Beyond TV, etc.
>>
>> "Darin_STL" <DarinSTL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up
>>> TV
>>> in Media Center
>>>
>>> I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any
>>> errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the
>>> Windows
>>> Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista.
>>>
>>> I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to
>>> setup the TV in Media Center. The message indicates Tuner not found.
>>> When I
>>> exit Media Center there is a window that indicates Media Center
>>> encountered
>>> and error and when I close this window anther window appears that
>>> indicates I
>>> can receive more information by clicking on it. Then a help window
>>> appears
>>> that indicates DEP may be the issue with instruction on how to remove an
>>> applicaiton from DEP, but when I attempt to exclude Media Center DEP I
>>> receive a message that indicates you can not turn DEP off for Media
>>> Center (I
>>> do not have the exact message as I am currently at work).
>>>
>>> I have tried every driver on Hauppauge web site but still receive this
>>> message. I can use the WinTV2000 application from Hauppauge to watch TV
>>> but
>>> still receive the error message in Media Center.
>>>
>>> My HP m7680n came with Nvidia GeForce 7300LE and Hauppauge WinTV PCI II
>>> (26xxx). I was under the impression if the computer was advertised as
>>> being
>>> Windows Vista Capable / Window Premium Ready and the Windows Vista
>>> Upgrade
>>> Advisor indicated that the hardware met the Premium requirements that
>>> the
>>> system could be upgraded.
>>>
>>> I contacted MS Support and received an email requesting more
>>> information,
>>> but when I replied to the email address I the mail is returned. I tried
>>> Chat with an MS representative for the past couple of days but receive a
>>> message that there are no chat sessions please check back later.

JW

Re: TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center
When I installed WinTV2000 on my Vista system I ran the install program in
XP compatibility mode and it works without any problem.