Best AGP X8 Graphics card

Mikey

Best AGP X8 Graphics card
Hi guys

Im using Windows Vista Home Prem 32bit and want to upgrade my graphics card

i have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT at the moment

what is the best graphics card out for AGP? or the best value for money
option aswell

also are there any DX10 cards out yet

Thanks

Mikey

JW

Re: Best AGP X8 Graphics card
I recommend a NVIDIA 7600GT if you are going to watch HDTV a 7600GS if not.
Both of these are now avaiable for AGP.
The NVIDIA 8800 has DX10 support but is expensive and is designed for heavy
gamers.
A 8600GT card is rumored to be released next month which will also have DX10
support.
However neither of the 8800 cards will probably be available for AGP.

"Mikey" <michaelrossiter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news053B20B-572F-4FC3-8805-7E01127BCF42@microsoft.com...
> Hi guys
>
> Im using Windows Vista Home Prem 32bit and want to upgrade my graphics
> card
>
> i have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT at the moment
>
> what is the best graphics card out for AGP? or the best value for money
> option aswell
>
> also are there any DX10 cards out yet
>
> Thanks
>
> Mikey

Chris

Re: Best AGP X8 Graphics card
Hi, HIS ATI Radeon X1950 Pro ICEQ3 Turbo 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (AGP) by
a mile...
ChrisC
"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>I recommend a NVIDIA 7600GT if you are going to watch HDTV a 7600GS if not.
>Both of these are now avaiable for AGP.
> The NVIDIA 8800 has DX10 support but is expensive and is designed for
> heavy gamers.
> A 8600GT card is rumored to be released next month which will also have
> DX10 support.
> However neither of the 8800 cards will probably be available for AGP.
>
> "Mikey" <michaelrossiter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news053B20B-572F-4FC3-8805-7E01127BCF42@microsoft.com...
>> Hi guys
>>
>> Im using Windows Vista Home Prem 32bit and want to upgrade my graphics
>> card
>>
>> i have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT at the moment
>>
>> what is the best graphics card out for AGP? or the best value for money
>> option aswell
>>
>> also are there any DX10 cards out yet
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mikey

Mikey

Re: Best AGP X8 Graphics card
Thanks guys

will look into them

i not a BIG PC GAMER, but i just need something which will give me the
option for HDTV and speed up the graphics on Vista as they seem sluggish at
times with this FX5600

Thanks Again

"Chris" <cuke2u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, HIS ATI Radeon X1950 Pro ICEQ3 Turbo 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (AGP)
> by a mile...
> ChrisC
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>>I recommend a NVIDIA 7600GT if you are going to watch HDTV a 7600GS if
>>not. Both of these are now avaiable for AGP.
>> The NVIDIA 8800 has DX10 support but is expensive and is designed for
>> heavy gamers.
>> A 8600GT card is rumored to be released next month which will also have
>> DX10 support.
>> However neither of the 8800 cards will probably be available for AGP.
>>
>> "Mikey" <michaelrossiter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news053B20B-572F-4FC3-8805-7E01127BCF42@microsoft.com...
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> Im using Windows Vista Home Prem 32bit and want to upgrade my graphics
>>> card
>>>
>>> i have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT at the moment
>>>
>>> what is the best graphics card out for AGP? or the best value for money
>>> option aswell
>>>
>>> also are there any DX10 cards out yet
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Mikey

Chris

Re: Best AGP X8 Graphics card
Hi, then if you aren't a heavy gamer get the 256mb version...
ChrisC
> Thanks guys
>
> will look into them
>
> i not a BIG PC GAMER, but i just need something which will give me the
> option for HDTV and speed up the graphics on Vista as they seem sluggish
> at times with this FX5600
>
> Thanks Again
>

> "Chris" <cuke2u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, HIS ATI Radeon X1950 Pro ICEQ3 Turbo 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (AGP)
>> by a mile...
>> ChrisC
>> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>>>I recommend a NVIDIA 7600GT if you are going to watch HDTV a 7600GS if
>>>not. Both of these are now avaiable for AGP.
>>> The NVIDIA 8800 has DX10 support but is expensive and is designed for
>>> heavy gamers.
>>> A 8600GT card is rumored to be released next month which will also have
>>> DX10 support.
>>> However neither of the 8800 cards will probably be available for AGP.
>>>
>>> "Mikey" <michaelrossiter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> news053B20B-572F-4FC3-8805-7E01127BCF42@microsoft.com...

Mikey

Re: Best AGP X8 Graphics card
I think with the ATI card i would need a new PSU

but will look into it

i can get the Geforce 7600 GT for £100

> Hi, then if you aren't a heavy gamer get the 256mb version...
> ChrisC
> "Mikey" <michaelrossiter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Thanks guys
>>
>> will look into them
>>
>> i not a BIG PC GAMER, but i just need something which will give me the
>> option for HDTV and speed up the graphics on Vista as they seem sluggish
>> at times with this FX5600
>>
>> Thanks Again
>>

>> "Chris" <cuke2u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi, HIS ATI Radeon X1950 Pro ICEQ3 Turbo 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (AGP)
>>> by a mile...
>>> ChrisC

JW

Re: Best AGP X8 Graphics card
You should be able to get a 7600GT for a lot less then that I have seen them
for not much over $100 and one post I saw said the target price for the
upcoming 8600GT is $150-$175

>I think with the ATI card i would need a new PSU
>

> but will look into it
>
> i can get the Geforce 7600 GT for £100
>

> "Chris" <cuke2u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, then if you aren't a heavy gamer get the 256mb version...
>> ChrisC
>> "Mikey" <michaelrossiter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Thanks guys
>>>
>>> will look into them
>>>
>>> i not a BIG PC GAMER, but i just need something which will give me the
>>> option for HDTV and speed up the graphics on Vista as they seem sluggish
>>> at times with this FX5600
>>>
>>> Thanks Again

BSchnur

Re: Best AGP X8 Graphics card
> You should be able to get a 7600GT for a lot less then that I have seen them
> for not much over $100 and one post I saw said the target price for the
> upcoming 8600GT is $150-$175

I've seen the 7600GS for around $100 -- but only as PCI-Express.

I've seen the 7300GT in AGP for for under $100.

--
Barry Schnur
JW

Re: Best AGP X8 Graphics card
Got this from Froogle

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?so...gp&sa=N&tab=wf

The ones that I have seen for less have been in local Sunday Paper adds and
have involved a rebate.

"BSchnur" <BSchnur@cox.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.20344b65bf9b64ea98971a@msnews.microsoft.c om...
>> You should be able to get a 7600GT for a lot less then that I have seen
>> them
>> for not much over $100 and one post I saw said the target price for the
>> upcoming 8600GT is $150-$175
>>

> I've seen the 7600GS for around $100 -- but only as PCI-Express.
>
> I've seen the 7300GT in AGP for for under $100.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur

Chris

Re: Best AGP X8 Graphics card
Hi, what PSU have you got, my HIS was running fine on a 400watt one..
ChrisC