Keyboard Problems

=?Utf-8?B?c2tpcGphY2t0dW5hZmlzaA==?=

Keyboard Problems
The Keyboard has been acting odd since installing Vista, keys press
themselves and 'stick' and subsequentally the keyboard crashes, and only
rebooting fixes this error. Oddly the calculator button seems unaffected.

After running a checkdisk on my large external drive i realised that
operation could not be cancelled because the microsoft keyboard doesn't work
until windows loads. The usb keyboard support is checked in the bios and it
lights up but the buttons do nothing.

I have the Vista drivers for it (intellitype pro 6.1 but the problem has
persisted) the keyboard model is a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000.

=?Utf-8?B?YXpyZWFs?=

RE: Keyboard Problems

i am having the same problem with my wireless photo keyboard. everytime i
put the computer to sleep i cannot enter my password to log back in. i have
had the same problem since beta 2 ,intellitype pro 6.1 doesnt fix this issue.

by the way i have
nforce4 mobo
2 gig
athlon64 x2

MattersNot

Re: Keyboard Problems
azreal wrote:
> i am having the same problem with my wireless photo keyboard. everytime i
> put the computer to sleep i cannot enter my password to log back in. i have
> had the same problem since beta 2 ,intellitype pro 6.1 doesnt fix this issue.
>
> by the way i have
> nforce4 mobo
> 2 gig
> athlon64 x2

Had the same problem, even under XP Pro. System would not
wake up with the wireless keyboard or mouse. Checked the
manual and found that the receiver cables could be plugged
directly into the old mouse and keyboard ports (instead of
using only the USB cable). Did that, and all works fine.

Adam

RE: Keyboard Problems
I have similar problem, microsoft keyboard (connected through USB) wil not
work until windows starts properly. I installed some Win Updates and one
failed. I got black screen on start-up, suggesting to insert Vista DVD and
restart computer. I did as suggested, got "Press any key to boot from CD
......" too bad the keyboard didn't work. I had to get an old PS/2 keyboard,
which worked just fine.

Btw, check disk is perfectly useless with new hard drives. It will never
find anything. You need some analysis software that can interface with HDD's
SMART (like http://www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup.htm)