Office Keyboard

mhornet

Office Keyboard
I have a Microsoft Office keyboard and now under Vista, the scroll wheel
doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?

Thanks

mjziak@gmail.com

Re: Office Keyboard
Anyone have any ideas to this? I have the same issue.

Ron Miller

Re: Office Keyboard
mhornet wrote:
> I have a Microsoft Office keyboard and now under Vista, the scroll wheel
> doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?
>
> Thanks

Presume you've installed Intellitype 6.1.
I did that for my new MS Ergo 4000. All the features, including the
unusual "zoom," work except for ONE. I'm supposed to be able to get an
on-screen menu of my programmable keys, but I get nothing (the
programmable keys do work, but because of this one software failure,
it's necessary to memorize them).

I'm guessing that MS has to update Intellitype further to get it all to
work. While I can cuss at blankety-blank Creative for, as always,
getting their new drivers to market in a timely fashion, Microsoft's
failure is totally inexcusable.

Ron
mhornet

Re: Office Keyboard
Apparently MS has discontinued support for my keyboard, which is a shame,
because I think its one of the best ever made. Vista has a driver for the
keyboard, but Intellitype doesn't have it in the list. I could see if Vista
was not out as you can use the old Intellitype, but you cant with Vista. I
wish MS would have included it at least in this update.

"Ron Miller" <millerDOT90@osu.edu> wrote in message
> mhornet wrote:
>> I have a Microsoft Office keyboard and now under Vista, the scroll wheel
>> doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?
>>
>> Thanks

> Presume you've installed Intellitype 6.1.
> I did that for my new MS Ergo 4000. All the features, including the
> unusual "zoom," work except for ONE. I'm supposed to be able to get an
> on-screen menu of my programmable keys, but I get nothing (the
> programmable keys do work, but because of this one software failure, it's
> necessary to memorize them).
>
> I'm guessing that MS has to update Intellitype further to get it all to
> work. While I can cuss at blankety-blank Creative for, as always, getting
> their new drivers to market in a timely fashion, Microsoft's failure is
> totally inexcusable.
>
> Ron

David Vair

Re: Office Keyboard
I use the Office Keyboard also and this is one of the reasons I have decided not to upgrade right
now, I use the cut, copy, and paste buttons all the time.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"mhornet" <mjziak@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Apparently MS has discontinued support for my keyboard, which is a shame, because I think its one
> of the best ever made. Vista has a driver for the keyboard, but Intellitype doesn't have it in
> the list. I could see if Vista was not out as you can use the old Intellitype, but you cant with
> Vista. I wish MS would have included it at least in this update.
>

> "Ron Miller" <millerDOT90@osu.edu> wrote in message
>> mhornet wrote:
>>> I have a Microsoft Office keyboard and now under Vista, the scroll wheel doesn't work. Anyone
>>> else have this problem and know of a solution?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> Presume you've installed Intellitype 6.1.
>> I did that for my new MS Ergo 4000. All the features, including the unusual "zoom," work except
>> for ONE. I'm supposed to be able to get an on-screen menu of my programmable keys, but I get
>> nothing (the programmable keys do work, but because of this one software failure, it's necessary
>> to memorize them).
>>
>> I'm guessing that MS has to update Intellitype further to get it all to work. While I can cuss
>> at blankety-blank Creative for, as always, getting their new drivers to market in a timely
>> fashion, Microsoft's failure is totally inexcusable.
>>
>> Ron

mhornet

Re: Office Keyboard
All of the buttons seem to work, except for the scroll wheel, which is what
I like the best. Browsing the internet or scrolling through documents with
the wheel on the left is a timesaver.

"David Vair" <dvair@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
>I use the Office Keyboard also and this is one of the reasons I have
>decided not to upgrade right now, I use the cut, copy, and paste buttons
>all the time.
> --
> Dave Vair
> CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+
>
> "mhornet" <mjziak@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Apparently MS has discontinued support for my keyboard, which is a shame,
>> because I think its one of the best ever made. Vista has a driver for
>> the keyboard, but Intellitype doesn't have it in the list. I could see
>> if Vista was not out as you can use the old Intellitype, but you cant
>> with Vista. I wish MS would have included it at least in this update.
>>

>> "Ron Miller" <millerDOT90@osu.edu> wrote in message

>>> Presume you've installed Intellitype 6.1.
>>> I did that for my new MS Ergo 4000. All the features, including the
>>> unusual "zoom," work except for ONE. I'm supposed to be able to get an
>>> on-screen menu of my programmable keys, but I get nothing (the
>>> programmable keys do work, but because of this one software failure,
>>> it's necessary to memorize them).
>>>
>>> I'm guessing that MS has to update Intellitype further to get it all to
>>> work. While I can cuss at blankety-blank Creative for, as always,
>>> getting their new drivers to market in a timely fashion, Microsoft's
>>> failure is totally inexcusable.
>>>
>>> Ron

=?Utf-8?B?aGVsbGEzNTY=?=

Re: Office Keyboard
This is very dissapointing. I can barely function on a computer without an
Office Keyboard. I really hope Microsoft makes a driver update that includes
this keyboard. Until then I'm not spending $$ on an OS that won't let me use
the best keyboard yet made. AutoCAD is SO much better with this keyboard.