HP Scanjet 5P

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Carlos_S=E1nchez?=

HP Scanjet 5P
Hello, Despues to obtain that "Vista Windows x86 and x64" recognized my SCSI
this sees that 5p has a connected device concretely is a "HP Scanjet" and
identifies it like "HP C5110A SCSI Processor Device", gustaria know to me if
somebody has been able to make work and mount drivers for this device of
which, at the moment I do not want to undo.

Chad Harris

Re: HP Scanjet 5P
Vista has seen my HP sj5300C (older scanner) and it actually worked for a
while a few builds ago. HP is not going to make Vista drivers fo this
scanner, and I looked up your scanner's driver and they make no mention of a
Vista driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...lang=en&cc=us#

Obviously they want to sell you a new scanner.

We've had suggestion that a Vuescan .inf file could work for some of these
HP Scanners along with a Vuescan driver, but it didn't work for me. The
Vista Print team told me to go look for a TWAIN DS driver, but I have yet to
find one.

CH

"Carlos Sánchez" <ctsg@NOctsgnetwork.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Despues to obtain that "Vista Windows x86 and x64" recognized my
> SCSI this sees that 5p has a connected device concretely is a "HP Scanjet"
> and identifies it like "HP C5110A SCSI Processor Device", gustaria know to
> me if somebody has been able to make work and mount drivers for this
> device of which, at the moment I do not want to undo.

Doug

Re: HP Scanjet 5P
I using an HP 6100c SCSI ( Adaptec 19160N ), basically same as an HP4c,
this scanner is 10 years old or older.I'm using Deskscan 2.9. Also about 10
years old . Works great.
You can still download Deskscan from HP site.

Doug

"Carlos Sánchez" <ctsg@NOctsgnetwork.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Despues to obtain that "Vista Windows x86 and x64" recognized my
> SCSI this sees that 5p has a connected device concretely is a "HP Scanjet"
> and identifies it like "HP C5110A SCSI Processor Device", gustaria know to
> me if somebody has been able to make work and mount drivers for this
> device of which, at the moment I do not want to undo.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Carlos_S=E1nchez?=

Re: HP Scanjet 5P
But works to you that in Windows Vista?

"Doug" <dhannah@quickclic.net> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
>I using an HP 6100c SCSI ( Adaptec 19160N ), basically same as an HP4c,
>this scanner is 10 years old or older.I'm using Deskscan 2.9. Also about
>10 years old . Works great.
> You can still download Deskscan from HP site.
>
> Doug
>
> "Carlos Sánchez" <ctsg@NOctsgnetwork.com> wrote in message
>> Hello, Despues to obtain that "Vista Windows x86 and x64" recognized my
>> SCSI this sees that 5p has a connected device concretely is a "HP
>> Scanjet" and identifies it like "HP C5110A SCSI Processor Device",
>> gustaria know to me if somebody has been able to make work and mount
>> drivers for this device of which, at the moment I do not want to undo.

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: HP Scanjet 5P
I'm glad to say that I am using my SJ5P with an Adaptec 19160 scsi
controller under VISTA Business version.

When I installed VISTA in dual boot with my XP Pro I "neglected" to
unplug peripherals as recommended but VISTA installed OK.

I tired the Scan element in VISTA's Fax & Scan but it said it could not
find a scanner.

I looked in Device Manager and both the Scsi card and the scanner were
there with no error flags.

I then did what I had to do in Windows 2000 and XP to get the scanner
working and that was to install the older HP scanning software:
Deskscan 2.9.

That installed with no problems and at the end I used the Start /
Programs / menu item to run Scanner Test which it did and the baloon
went up at the end! Hooray!

The HP Copy Utility works perfectly too.

The file you need if you do not have Deskscan 2.9 is on the HP website
at this location for the US version but they may be a local version on
your HP website. It is called sj166en.exe for the English version and
the URL is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?
os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=58976&lang=en

or more specifically:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...DownloadIndex?
softwareitem=sj-34132-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=58976&os=228&lang=e n

If you go to http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html you can
select the country you need and then look for Software & Driver
Downloads.

If you need more help let me know what country and language you would
need to match your system.

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: HP Scanjet 5P
In article <umz5l6kSHHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Chad Harris wrote:
> The*Vista Print team told me to go look for a TWAIN DS driver, but I have yet

to*> find one.

See my several messages including the one here about using Deskscan 2.9 which
uses TWAIN.

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: HP Scanjet 5P
Bingo -- me too <g>

Chad Harris

Re: HP Scanjet 5P
Thanks--Interesting--- I'll give all of them a shot. Dev Mgmt says I have
the 5300C in and it's working fine, but of course Device Manager would say
that if you stuffed a grapefruit into your pc. It hasn't been reliable for
driver health since it was released August 25, 1995 and they aren't getting
off their butts to correct it anytime this side or the other side of
Vienna/Blackcomb.

I appreciate the info Hugh.

CH

"Hugh Wyn Griffith" <huwyngr@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> In article <umz5l6kSHHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Chad Harris wrote:
>> The Vista Print team told me to go look for a TWAIN DS driver, but I have
>> yet

> to > find one.
>
> See my several messages including the one here about using Deskscan 2.9
> which
> uses TWAIN.

BSchnur

Re: HP Scanjet 5P
I have one client who is 'married' to his old SCSI based scanner -- I
mean way old, the controller is a 2902. The reason is that his scanner
has an effective page feeder and he knows a new scanner with a good
page feeder will set him back $300 or more.

--
Barry Schnur
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Carlos_S=E1nchez?=

Re: HP Scanjet 5P
It works with drivers those to you, but in x86 no?

noticias news:VA.000000c2.00326df9@tampabay.rr.com...