Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

PCI simple comunication device

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
PCI simple comunication device
I never had this come up in device manager before , in vista or XP.
I had a Asus motherboard and it went south on me so I got a new intel board
and got everything up and running again.
But now in the device manager I have this listed under other devices. Vista
can't find drivers for it, and I don't know what it is.
Could that be a USB device?
Everything I have installed is working.
Any advice on what to look for?
thanks

--
Carl G

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Dustin Harper
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PCI simple comunication device
PCI Simple Communications Device is usually a PCI Modem.



--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com


Carl G wrote:
> I never had this come up in device manager before , in vista or XP.
> I had a Asus motherboard and it went south on me so I got a new intel
> board and got everything up and running again.
> But now in the device manager I have this listed under other devices.
> Vista can't find drivers for it, and I don't know what it is.
> Could that be a USB device?
> Everything I have installed is working.
> Any advice on what to look for?
> thanks
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PCI simple comunication device
I should add , the only PCI card I have installed is a 5 port USB
card.Whatever I plug into the card works.

--
Carl G

"Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
news:e#VV3ThSHHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I never had this come up in device manager before , in vista or XP.
> I had a Asus motherboard and it went south on me so I got a new intel
> board and got everything up and running again.
> But now in the device manager I have this listed under other devices.
> Vista can't find drivers for it, and I don't know what it is.
> Could that be a USB device?
> Everything I have installed is working.
> Any advice on what to look for?
> thanks
>
> --
> Carl G


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Dustin Harper
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PCI simple comunication device

Does the motherboard have a built in modem?

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com


Carl G wrote:
> I should add , the only PCI card I have installed is a 5 port USB
> card.Whatever I plug into the card works.
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PCI simple comunication device
Not that I am aware of.
The board is a Intel 965LT.
I have a I have a PCI Express Video card.(ATI)
And one PCI USB 5 port card .
those are the only 2 cards I have installed in this machine.
OH YA am running windows Vista Home Premium.
Thanks

--
Carl G

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
news:exjPZlhSHHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>
> Does the motherboard have a built in modem?
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
>
> Carl G wrote:
>> I should add , the only PCI card I have installed is a 5 port USB
>> card.Whatever I plug into the card works.
>>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Dustin Harper
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PCI simple comunication device
You might check in the BIOS for an option for built in modem or
something similar. It may be enabled and if it's not in use, it can be
disabled.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com


Carl G wrote:
> Not that I am aware of.
> The board is a Intel 965LT.
> I have a I have a PCI Express Video card.(ATI)
> And one PCI USB 5 port card .
> those are the only 2 cards I have installed in this machine.
> OH YA am running windows Vista Home Premium.
> Thanks
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PCI simple comunication device
Could this be it, I have a usb X3000 microsoft web cam.That has built in
mic.

--
Carl G

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
news:O0xw98hSHHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> You might check in the BIOS for an option for built in modem or something
> similar. It may be enabled and if it's not in use, it can be disabled.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
>
> Carl G wrote:
>> Not that I am aware of.
>> The board is a Intel 965LT.
>> I have a I have a PCI Express Video card.(ATI)
>> And one PCI USB 5 port card .
>> those are the only 2 cards I have installed in this machine.
>> OH YA am running windows Vista Home Premium.
>> Thanks
>>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Dustin Harper
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PCI simple comunication device
If you unplug it, does the "Simple PCI Communication Device" go out of
the device manager? If it does, then that would be the problem.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com


Carl G wrote:
> Could this be it, I have a usb X3000 microsoft web cam.That has built in
> mic.
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PCI simple comunication device
Hi Dustin
Sorry it took so long to get back here.
Well I have not solved my problem yet (if it is a problem).
I have unpluged everything on my PC except the Video card and Keyboard, and
Vista still wants to install drivers for that
Simple PCI Communication Device. There is nothing special on that
motherboard that I can see. No onboard modem or anything.
Everything works ok , it just bugs me that I can't fix that.

--
Carl G

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
news:OVy2FBiSHHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> If you unplug it, does the "Simple PCI Communication Device" go out of the
> device manager? If it does, then that would be the problem.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
>
> Carl G wrote:
>> Could this be it, I have a usb X3000 microsoft web cam.That has built in
>> mic.
>>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
Re: PCI simple comunication device
Well Guys
I finally got this thing solved.
I called Intel and had to download a driver called Intel Management
Interface.
everything is normal now.
Thought I would post this just in case anyone else has this problem.
Thanks all

--
Carl G

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
news:OVy2FBiSHHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> If you unplug it, does the "Simple PCI Communication Device" go out of the
> device manager? If it does, then that would be the problem.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
>
> Carl G wrote:
>> Could this be it, I have a usb X3000 microsoft web cam.That has built in
>> mic.
>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a simple way to activate Task manager? Imageman microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 03-04-2007 22:56
Activation SHOULD be simple to understand =?Utf-8?B?d2FycGV0ZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 17 03-01-2007 04:30
Vista geeks version simple =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-26-2007 07:39
Simple basic tasks Russell microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-24-2007 18:49
PCI Simple Communications Controller =?Utf-8?B?TGVlIEJlY2s=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 12-13-2006 03:07




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:13.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120