Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate

Brendan Tierney

Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate
Despite Logitech's lack of support, I gather that it is possible to get this
camera to work with Vista. Any ideas please?

Re: Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate
that web camera is not support by vista

"Brendan Tierney" <bunkoman@iolfree.ie> wrote in message
> Despite Logitech's lack of support, I gather that it is possible to get
> this camera to work with Vista. Any ideas please?

RR2

Re: Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate
I have a Logitech Fusion webcam and found a vista driver on Logitech's site.
When I installed it, the cam worked fine, but when I rebooted, Vista wanted
me to reinstall the software to make it work.

<Jeff_giampetro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> that web camera is not support by vista
>
> "Brendan Tierney" <bunkoman@iolfree.ie> wrote in message
>> Despite Logitech's lack of support, I gather that it is possible to get
>> this camera to work with Vista. Any ideas please?

Dule Vicovac

RE: Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate
this is nuts. Vista gives me a hard time when installing all kinds of stuff.
i should have stuck with the older version of windows

"Brendan Tierney" wrote:

> Despite Logitech's lack of support, I gather that it is possible to get this
> camera to work with Vista. Any ideas please?

Richard Urban

Re: Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate
Wow. One guy quoting another guy and we still have no idea as to what you
are talking about.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Dule Vicovac" <Dule Vicovac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> this is nuts. Vista gives me a hard time when installing all kinds of
> stuff.
> i should have stuck with the older version of windows
>
> "Brendan Tierney" wrote:
>
>> Despite Logitech's lack of support, I gather that it is possible to get
>> this
>> camera to work with Vista. Any ideas please?

Brendan Tierney

Re: Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate
As the apparent originator of this query (some weeks ago), please allow me
to elaborate:
1. I have a Webcam Messenger left over from my XP days. I know it was not
Vista supported by Logitech, but wanted to check if any of you experts had
found any work around to make it vista compatible.
2. I did a find search in advance of my query - no response.
3. Even in retrospect it seems to me to be a reasonably intelligible query.
Sorry if it seemed obtuse.

> Wow. One guy quoting another guy and we still have no idea as to what you
> are talking about.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "Dule Vicovac" <Dule Vicovac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> this is nuts. Vista gives me a hard time when installing all kinds of
>> stuff.
>> i should have stuck with the older version of windows
>>
>> "Brendan Tierney" wrote:
>>
>>> Despite Logitech's lack of support, I gather that it is possible to get
>>> this
>>> camera to work with Vista. Any ideas please?

Richard Urban

Re: Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate
Messenger 7.5.0324 and MSN messenger are both capable of using my Logitech
QuickCam Fushion. I do not even use the drivers from the Logitech web site.
I just use what is supplied from the Vista install and subsequent Window
downloads.

If you are trying to use a different version of Messenger you are likely NOT
supported. If you have a different webcam you will have to sort it out with
Logitech. They may not support your webcam under Vista. If this is the case
you have a problem with Logitech, not with Vista. It is the hardware
manufacturers job to supply the requisite drivers for their hardware, either
by inclusion in the Vista install or from their web site.

--

> As the apparent originator of this query (some weeks ago), please allow me
> to elaborate:
> 1. I have a Webcam Messenger left over from my XP days. I know it was not
> Vista supported by Logitech, but wanted to check if any of you experts had
> found any work around to make it vista compatible.
> 2. I did a find search in advance of my query - no response.
> 3. Even in retrospect it seems to me to be a reasonably intelligible
> query.
> Sorry if it seemed obtuse.

>> Wow. One guy quoting another guy and we still have no idea as to what you
>> are talking about.
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>
>> "Dule Vicovac" <Dule Vicovac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> this is nuts. Vista gives me a hard time when installing all kinds of
>>> stuff.
>>> i should have stuck with the older version of windows

Brendan Tierney

Re: Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate
I know that my version is NOT supported by Logitech and I do not feel it to
be a Vista problem.
I just wondered if anyone here had found a way around this incompatibility.
A query worth making don't you think?
Thanks for your replies.
> Messenger 7.5.0324 and MSN messenger are both capable of using my Logitech
> QuickCam Fushion. I do not even use the drivers from the Logitech web
> site. I just use what is supplied from the Vista install and subsequent
> Window downloads.
>
> If you are trying to use a different version of Messenger you are likely
> NOT supported. If you have a different webcam you will have to sort it out
> with Logitech. They may not support your webcam under Vista. If this is
> the case you have a problem with Logitech, not with Vista. It is the
> hardware manufacturers job to supply the requisite drivers for their
> hardware, either by inclusion in the Vista install or from their web site.
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "Brendan Tierney" <bunkoman@iolfree.ie> wrote in message
>> As the apparent originator of this query (some weeks ago), please allow
>> me to elaborate:
>> 1. I have a Webcam Messenger left over from my XP days. I know it was not
>> Vista supported by Logitech, but wanted to check if any of you experts
>> had found any work around to make it vista compatible.
>> 2. I did a find search in advance of my query - no response.
>> 3. Even in retrospect it seems to me to be a reasonably intelligible
>> query.
>> Sorry if it seemed obtuse.
>>

>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Wow. One guy quoting another guy and we still have no idea as to what
>>> you are talking about.
>>>
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>>>
>>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>> If you knew as much as you think you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!

Richard Urban

Re: Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate
But you still haven't stated what webcam you have! Logitech doesn't help.
What model? No one can begin to assist you until you state such and also
tell what version of messenger you are trying to use it under.

You may get the help you desire if you give details. Someone who solved the
equation may see your question.

I suggest you post the pertinent information and question in a new post
rather than burying it here.

--

>I know that my version is NOT supported by Logitech and I do not feel it to
>be a Vista problem.
> I just wondered if anyone here had found a way around this
> incompatibility. A query worth making don't you think?
> Thanks for your replies.
>> Messenger 7.5.0324 and MSN messenger are both capable of using my
>> Logitech QuickCam Fushion. I do not even use the drivers from the
>> Logitech web site. I just use what is supplied from the Vista install and
>> subsequent Window downloads.
>>
>> If you are trying to use a different version of Messenger you are likely
>> NOT supported. If you have a different webcam you will have to sort it
>> out with Logitech. They may not support your webcam under Vista. If this
>> is the case you have a problem with Logitech, not with Vista. It is the
>> hardware manufacturers job to supply the requisite drivers for their
>> hardware, either by inclusion in the Vista install or from their web
>> site.
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>
>> "Brendan Tierney" <bunkoman@iolfree.ie> wrote in message
>>> As the apparent originator of this query (some weeks ago), please allow
>>> me to elaborate:
>>> 1. I have a Webcam Messenger left over from my XP days. I know it was
>>> not Vista supported by Logitech, but wanted to check if any of you
>>> experts had found any work around to make it vista compatible.
>>> 2. I did a find search in advance of my query - no response.
>>> 3. Even in retrospect it seems to me to be a reasonably intelligible
>>> query.
>>> Sorry if it seemed obtuse.

seraphimx

Re: Logitech Webcam Messenger-Vista Ultimate

This is totally out of the subject but it bugged me

Quote from George Ankner:

Wasnt it Socrates who said, If you knew as much as you tought you knew,
you would know you know nothing.

--
seraphimx