ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?

Mark

ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
ATI has made some (SOME) vista compatible drivers, but it appears that it is
only for 9500 and up.

Sure, Vista installs a default driver for the card, but that doesn't help
for games that require OpenGL.

Well, what happens if someone has a 9200SE 128MB?

SOL? I don't think that is fair.

If anyone knows how to work around this please contact me.

mfelgenhauer@gmail.com

JW

Re: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
Vista requires that the graphics card have DX9 support and some other
functionality which the the 91xx and 92xx ATI cards do not have in order to
support the advanced graphic functions
in Vista Premium and Vista Ultimate.
"Mark" <mfelgenhauer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> ATI has made some (SOME) vista compatible drivers, but it appears that it
> is only for 9500 and up.
>
> Sure, Vista installs a default driver for the card, but that doesn't help
> for games that require OpenGL.
>
> Well, what happens if someone has a 9200SE 128MB?
>
> SOL? I don't think that is fair.
>
> If anyone knows how to work around this please contact me.
>
> mfelgenhauer@gmail.com

BSchnur

Re: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
I was wondering about that. I've seen one manufacturer which claims
DirectX 9 with 9250's:

http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...d=235&view=yes
http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...d=137&view=yes
http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...id=44&view=yes

I suspect they are confused though.

--
Barry Schnur
Jane C

Re: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
It's not just DirectX 9 that is required. Pixel Shader 2 is also required.
The 9250 has Pixel shader 1.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"BSchnur" <BSchnur@cox.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.2031db981b3a14de9896e6@msnews.microsoft.c om...
>I was wondering about that. I've seen one manufacturer which claims
> DirectX 9 with 9250's:
>
> http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...d=235&view=yes
> http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...d=137&view=yes
> http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...id=44&view=yes
>
> I suspect they are confused though.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur

JW

Re: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
The Catalyst drivers for Windows XP contained 9x and shader 2 support for
91x x and 92xx cards within the driver itself. ATI has apparantly decided
not fund the effort to add this support also for their Vista drives since
the cards cannot qualify for the Vista Logo program without these features
being on the cards themselves.

"BSchnur" <BSchnur@cox.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.2031db981b3a14de9896e6@msnews.microsoft.c om...
>I was wondering about that. I've seen one manufacturer which claims
> DirectX 9 with 9250's:
>
> http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...d=235&view=yes
> http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...d=137&view=yes
> http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...id=44&view=yes
>
> I suspect they are confused though.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur

Peter

Re: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
Look on eBay for an ATI Radeon 9550 - Vista drivers are available for it.
That is the cheapest way of getting all the Vista effects working.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"Mark" <mfelgenhauer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> ATI has made some (SOME) vista compatible drivers, but it appears that it
> is only for 9500 and up.
>
> Sure, Vista installs a default driver for the card, but that doesn't help
> for games that require OpenGL.
>
> Well, what happens if someone has a 9200SE 128MB?
>
> SOL? I don't think that is fair.
>
> If anyone knows how to work around this please contact me.
>
> mfelgenhauer@gmail.com

=?Utf-8?B?THVrZSBDaGFsbWVycw==?=

Re: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
HOW FRUSTRATING!!!

I currently have the RC1 on my machine. When I got the computer with XP it
only had a integrated 64mb video card. I wanted to explore the Vista graphics
features as I work in IT and need to know Vista before it is rolled out to
our customers.

I find the Radeon 9250 and notice it has 256Mb Ram and Directx9. I thought
this was what Vista required. I install it and Windows Vista cannot find the
drivers. I go online and find that ATI are not supporting Vista drivers for
this video card. I only bought it Thursday.

I am now going to return the card for the updated 9550 card. The funny thing
is, is that it is only £4 more.

Vista is starting to be a pain as far as hardware is concerned. I thought I
was buying a resonable, good value graphics card. Obviously not. I feel sorry
for the people that have a graphics card which seems up to the job but does
not work with Vista.

I will let you all know how I get on with the new one.

Luke

"JW" wrote:

> The Catalyst drivers for Windows XP contained 9x and shader 2 support for
> 91x x and 92xx cards within the driver itself. ATI has apparantly decided
> not fund the effort to add this support also for their Vista drives since
> the cards cannot qualify for the Vista Logo program without these features
> being on the cards themselves.
>
> "BSchnur" <BSchnur@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:MPG.2031db981b3a14de9896e6@msnews.microsoft.c om...
> >I was wondering about that. I've seen one manufacturer which claims
> > DirectX 9 with 9250's:
> >
> > http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...d=235&view=yes
> > http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...d=137&view=yes
> > http://www.hisdigital.com/html/produ...id=44&view=yes
> >
> > I suspect they are confused though.
> >

> > --
> > Barry Schnur

BSchnur

Re: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
> It's not just DirectX 9 that is required. Pixel Shader 2 is also required.
> The 9250 has Pixel shader 1.

OK -- sort of goes to a point I was making in another thread. Folks
going to Vista as an upgrade on hardware purchased a year or so ago and
wanting to take full advantage of gaming (or other high end stuff) are
going to find that purchasing new hardware to go with the $200+ OS
upgrade makes a lot of sense.

--
Barry Schnur
BSchnur

Re: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
OK -- and those cards are sub $50 cards, so it makes sense I suppose.

The thing is, while I'm running Vista on one test box 939 motherboard
(with an X2 3800), the newer AM2 motherboards, which support PCI-X16
are the configuration I expect to use for Vista deployments -- and
apparently I need to research further as to the right video card -- I
was hoping for most set ups the X850 would be a good match, but it
looks like I may need to explore further up the cost/food chain.

I have both small business clients (even the x550 should be fine for
them) and home users as clients -- for them, x1300 might make more
sense.

One thing though, I don't see that I'll be pushing Vista on users with
AMD 754 or even AMD 939 systems currently running XP -- if they want
it, I will query them as to what they are looking for first.

--
Barry Schnur
BSchnur

Re: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?
That is the thing here -- the 9600 Radeons were well over $100 here at
one point, they are now $60 -- so they are a decent choice.

--
Barry Schnur