New Video Card

=?Utf-8?B?S2VlZXAgT3V0?=

New Video Card
Hello all, I need a new video card for my comp. I have an HP a1540n with 2
gigs of ram, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+, and a NVIDIA GeForce 6150
LE (which I want to upgrade). I run Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. So I want
to find a new video card that is compatible with my PC and OS. I am looking
for one under $200 preferably NVIDIA, so if someone can find me the best for
my money I would appreciate it. One more thing, my PC is still under warranty
so I am reluctant to open it up to put that new video card in. Is there any
way I can get a professional to put it in or something so it would still be
under warranty? Or is the only way to put it in to void my warranty? Thank
you in advance.
Byron Hinson

Re: New Video Card
Try for a NVidia 7950 or even the ATI X1900 XT cards and good prices now.

--
Byron Hinson
ActiveWin Windows Site: http://www.activewin.com

"Keeep Out" <KeeepOut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all, I need a new video card for my comp. I have an HP a1540n with 2
> gigs of ram, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+, and a NVIDIA GeForce
> 6150
> LE (which I want to upgrade). I run Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. So I
> want
> to find a new video card that is compatible with my PC and OS. I am
> looking
> for one under $200 preferably NVIDIA, so if someone can find me the best
> for
> my money I would appreciate it. One more thing, my PC is still under
> warranty
> so I am reluctant to open it up to put that new video card in. Is there
> any
> way I can get a professional to put it in or something so it would still
> be
> under warranty? Or is the only way to put it in to void my warranty? Thank
> you in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?S2VlZXAgT3V0?=

RE: New Video Card
do you or anyone else know if there is a way to have like a licenced place
put my video card in or something so I could still have my comp under
warranty? or is the only way to put it in to void the warranty?

"Keeep Out" wrote:

> Hello all, I need a new video card for my comp. I have an HP a1540n with 2
> gigs of ram, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+, and a NVIDIA GeForce 6150
> LE (which I want to upgrade). I run Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. So I want
> to find a new video card that is compatible with my PC and OS. I am looking
> for one under $200 preferably NVIDIA, so if someone can find me the best for
> my money I would appreciate it. One more thing, my PC is still under warranty
> so I am reluctant to open it up to put that new video card in. Is there any
> way I can get a professional to put it in or something so it would still be
> under warranty? Or is the only way to put it in to void my warranty? Thank
> you in advance.

JW

Re: New Video Card
There are Vista drivers for your 6150 card available at the NVIDIA Website.
If you think you need a better card it would help to now why or wht what
functions and what types of slots you have available in your system.

> do you or anyone else know if there is a way to have like a licenced place
> put my video card in or something so I could still have my comp under
> warranty? or is the only way to put it in to void the warranty?
>
> "Keeep Out" wrote:
>
>> Hello all, I need a new video card for my comp. I have an HP a1540n with
>> 2
>> gigs of ram, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+, and a NVIDIA GeForce
>> 6150
>> LE (which I want to upgrade). I run Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. So I
>> want
>> to find a new video card that is compatible with my PC and OS. I am
>> looking
>> for one under $200 preferably NVIDIA, so if someone can find me the best
>> for
>> my money I would appreciate it. One more thing, my PC is still under
>> warranty
>> so I am reluctant to open it up to put that new video card in. Is there
>> any
>> way I can get a professional to put it in or something so it would still
>> be
>> under warranty? Or is the only way to put it in to void my warranty?
>> Thank
>> you in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWVqY2M=?=

Re: New Video Card
Byron... you recommend the ATI X1900 XT. I was wondering if you have one? and
how it works with vista. I do and I can't get vist ultimate (64 bit) to even
find it so I can't even see aero!! :-(( any advice please??

Thanks
Edd