How to remove Linksys Wireless Driver in registry

GeraldF

How to remove Linksys Wireless Driver in registry
My original network configuration for Vista Premium
included 2 network cards, one an Nvidia wired and one a
Wireless G linksys. I removed the Wireless card, as I no
longer need the Wireless network.

Unfortunately, when Vista boots, if I do not finish
logging onto the OS withing 5 minutes the OS unloads the
nvidia network driver and the OS seeks the Wireless
network instead. If I log in at that time it shows no
network is available as the "wireless" network is
unavailable.

I have tried removing all references to the Linksys
Card, but the registry contains a reference to the PCI
location for the card, Vista does not allow me to remove
it in the registry even if I boot in safe mode.

1-How do I get rid of the hardware reference to the
removed Linksys wireless?

2-Is it possible to force Vista to reevaluate the
hardware profile?

freddy

RE: How to remove Linksys Wireless Driver in registry
GeraldF,

Does Device Manager display any information about the wireless card? Any
reference there should be uninstalled. Also, does Network and Sharing Center
display any reference to the card?

Windows records errors in a report, and you can review the report: Start >
All Programs > Maintenance > Problem Reports and Solutions. Peruse the
report for errors contained therein and focus on any recommendation for
corrective action. Just some thoughts
--
freddy

"GeraldF" wrote:

> My original network configuration for Vista Premium
> included 2 network cards, one an Nvidia wired and one a
> Wireless G linksys. I removed the Wireless card, as I no
> longer need the Wireless network.
>
> Unfortunately, when Vista boots, if I do not finish
> logging onto the OS withing 5 minutes the OS unloads the
> nvidia network driver and the OS seeks the Wireless
> network instead. If I log in at that time it shows no
> network is available as the "wireless" network is
> unavailable.
>
> I have tried removing all references to the Linksys
> Card, but the registry contains a reference to the PCI
> location for the card, Vista does not allow me to remove
> it in the registry even if I boot in safe mode.
>
> 1-How do I get rid of the hardware reference to the
> removed Linksys wireless?
>
> 2-Is it possible to force Vista to reevaluate the
> hardware profile?

Qfreed

RE: How to remove Linksys Wireless Driver in registry
Another suggustion: search the FAQ's on the Lynksys website. If this is a
known issue there may be some solution suggested. If not, contact their
customer support. A lot of product manufacturers have removal utilities on
their website if they have received reports that an OS has some issues
uninstalling their product.
--
qfreed