i play DVD's and system CRASHES...

Chris Williamson

i play DVD's and system CRASHES...
HELP!! everything works in any media player i've downloaded and tried
EXCEPT DVD movies. i can play dvd rom games, play cd's, watch the
pre-installed videos that come with the players.......just not actual dvd
movies. i'll pop one in and maybe the submenus will appear, but then it
blue screens with a message of "a thread tried to release a resource it did
not own". i have the dvd regions correct, a higher grade computer i built,
and all my drivers are updated. i've googled the hell out of this with no
luck. they're normal, real movies too- not burned or anything. please help
if you can. thanks!

chris

Manfred Zhuang [MSFT]

RE: i play DVD's and system CRASHES...
Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting here.

From the post, I understand you encounter an issue related to Media Player.

If this is your concern, I am sorry that this newsgroup is primarily for
Vista Hardware Assessment issues. Please repost your issue in 'Windows
Vista Music, Pictures, and Video' newsgroup for further assistance.

Refer to following article to get more information about Vista Hardware
Assessment:

Windows Vista Hardware Assessment Overview
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sol...assessment/wv/
default.mspx

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most
qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups
regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction
with us.

For your convenience, I have included the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...aspx?dg=micros
oft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video&cat= en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A
366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US

I hope the information above is helpful.

If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to let me know.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Manfred Zhuang(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support