Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows Aero?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware assessment






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007
Shane
 

Posts: n/a
Windows Aero?
I recently installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. The Vista CD
that I received came from HP which was part of the deal when I bought this
laptop. One of the reasons why I wanted to upgrade my OS to Vista was because
of the cool features, particularly because of the cool "Windows Switcher"
program. After installing Vista, I couldn't find the program. I searched here
and there for it but I was eventually told that I needed Windows Aero. I
thought the program was already included in the Vista upgrade software?
Please help!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007
Tim
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Aero?
It is...you have to turn it on if it doesn't by itself. But your hardware
must meet minimum specifications and you have to have the latest video
driver. What are the specs of your PC and video card (or in this case the
video chipset)?

Tim

"Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4168DE2B-2AB1-4267-8472-3808378FC3BF@microsoft.com...
>I recently installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. The Vista CD
> that I received came from HP which was part of the deal when I bought this
> laptop. One of the reasons why I wanted to upgrade my OS to Vista was
> because
> of the cool features, particularly because of the cool "Windows Switcher"
> program. After installing Vista, I couldn't find the program. I searched
> here
> and there for it but I was eventually told that I needed Windows Aero. I
> thought the program was already included in the Vista upgrade software?
> Please help!


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2007
Shane
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Aero?
How do I turn it on? I'm not sure but it says here "graphics by NVIDIA". What
are specs?

"Tim" wrote:

> It is...you have to turn it on if it doesn't by itself. But your hardware
> must meet minimum specifications and you have to have the latest video
> driver. What are the specs of your PC and video card (or in this case the
> video chipset)?
>
> Tim
>
> "Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4168DE2B-2AB1-4267-8472-3808378FC3BF@microsoft.com...
> >I recently installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. The Vista CD
> > that I received came from HP which was part of the deal when I bought this
> > laptop. One of the reasons why I wanted to upgrade my OS to Vista was
> > because
> > of the cool features, particularly because of the cool "Windows Switcher"
> > program. After installing Vista, I couldn't find the program. I searched
> > here
> > and there for it but I was eventually told that I needed Windows Aero. I
> > thought the program was already included in the Vista upgrade software?
> > Please help!

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2007
P. Di Stolfo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Aero?
Hello,

you can turn Aero on (if it is supported on your machine) by right-clicking your Desktop -> Personalize -> "Window Color and Appearance":
- Click "Open classic appearance properties" (in the bottom) -> and choose Windows Aero.
In "Window Color and Appearance again:
- Click "Enable transparency", if it is supported.

You may be able to turn Aero on if the specification of your hardware meets the minimum requirements.

The Window switcher effect (the 3D one you mean) will show up if you press [Windows-key] + TAB.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4C6D58EA-23C0-48C4-8C88-AD07E33B6EB0@microsoft.com...
> How do I turn it on? I'm not sure but it says here "graphics by NVIDIA". What
> are specs?
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> It is...you have to turn it on if it doesn't by itself. But your hardware
>> must meet minimum specifications and you have to have the latest video
>> driver. What are the specs of your PC and video card (or in this case the
>> video chipset)?
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4168DE2B-2AB1-4267-8472-3808378FC3BF@microsoft.com...
>> >I recently installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. The Vista CD
>> > that I received came from HP which was part of the deal when I bought this
>> > laptop. One of the reasons why I wanted to upgrade my OS to Vista was
>> > because
>> > of the cool features, particularly because of the cool "Windows Switcher"
>> > program. After installing Vista, I couldn't find the program. I searched
>> > here
>> > and there for it but I was eventually told that I needed Windows Aero. I
>> > thought the program was already included in the Vista upgrade software?
>> > Please help!

>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dreamscene broke Aero. I want Aero back. Help please. Scott Sherman microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 01-13-2008 05:13
windows aero =?Utf-8?B?eWF6aWlp?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 05-22-2007 17:00
windows aero gone michael b microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 3 05-03-2007 09:12
Aero et Windows Melotte microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.general 0 04-18-2007 01:24
Windows Aero Zeusi microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-06-2007 05:49




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:34.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120