Hidden OS software assessment

Hidden OS software
This may be the wrong place to ask, but have not been able to get an answer.
Apparently the Windows Photo Gallery is part of the operating system, and
does not appear in the "Uninstall and change programs".
Last week I changed a folder in another graphics program, "Irfanview" and
now when opening Windows Photo Gallery the message "Cannot find folder"
appears with the choices of "Find Folder" or "remove folder" or "cancel" -
but before I can click on any choice the program freezes and needs to stop.
What can be done in this situation. Now nothing that used Windows photo
gallery gets the photo icon as happened until now.
This is a new computer with Home Premium preinstalled.
Thanks for any help or direct me to the correct site.
Paul Beck

Manfred Zhuang [MSFT]

RE: Hidden OS software
Hello Paul,

Thank you for posting here.

From the post, I understand you encounter an issue related to Windows Photo

Please understand that this newsgroup is primarily for Vista Hardware
Assessment issues.

Refer to following article to get more information about Vista Hardware

Windows Vista Hardware Assessment Overview

For Windows Photo Gallery issue, I suggest you repost your issue in
'Windows Vista Music, Pictures, and Video' newsgroup for further assistance.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most
qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups
regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction
with us.

For your convenience, I have included the link below:

Windows Vista Music, Pictures, and Video newsgroup: en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A

I hope the information above is helpful.

If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to let me know.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Manfred Zhuang(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Get Secure! -

This newsgroup only focuses on Vista Hardware Assessment technical issues.
If you have issues regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in
the corresponding newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient
and timely manner. You can locate the newsgroup here:

check for regional support phone numbers.

Files Remain Hidden Even though I selected show Hidden & Protected =?Utf-8?B?TGFiVGVjaG5pY2lhbg==?= management 11 03-02-2008 11:08
Two Q's: 1.Hidden folders using 3rd party software. 2. Getting hel bagster 7 06-17-2007 02:05
hidden toolbar =?Utf-8?B?RGFycmlu?= maintenance 0 02-16-2007 03:32
Hidden Shares? boe sharing 9 02-06-2007 05:23