How to Remove WVHA Beta?

Arno Bost

How to Remove WVHA Beta?
Hi folks,
I've installated WVHA Beta on 02/02/07, and then for a longer time not used.
Meanwhile it's July 2007, and I am desperating when trying to remove this
tool.

Because Windows Update Service permanently fails in installing "Micorosft
SQL Server 2", I want to secure my desktop through removing the WVHA Beta
completely.

The readme tells to execute the file Windows_Vista_Hardware_Asesssment.Exe
in order to remove WVHA, which I had not stored on my hard drive. Downloads
from later versions of this exe fail from removing WVHA.

Who can help me? How can I remove the tool? Is there a link to the EXE of
the Beta-Version not younger then 02/02/2007??

Thx a lot, Arno.
Manfred Zhuang [MSFT]

RE: How to Remove WVHA Beta?
Hello Arno,

Thank you for posting here.

From your description, I understand that an issue related to Vista Hardware
Assessment Beta is encountered. Please understand that since the beta
products are for test purpose, we do not provide support for Beta products.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that may cause.

For this problem, based on my experience, we may use Windows Installer
Cleanup Utility to remove Vista Hardware Assessment beta.

I have included the steps below and you may have a try. However, we don't
guarantee that it can work.

Thank you for your understanding.

Running Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
=============================
NOTE: SQL Server Express will be removed after performing following steps:

1. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...8-80E8-983A48D
5E1BD/msicuu2.exe

NOTE: Although this issue is designed for Microsoft Office, it can also be
used to remove Vista Hardware Assessment.

2. After you install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, click Start
menu-> All Programs-> Windows Install Clean Up.

3. Highlight Windows Vista Hardware Assessment entry in the list and then
click Remove.

4. Please also remove following entries:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools Express Edition
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)

5. Manually delete the installation folder of Windows Vista Hardware
Assessment. By default, it is installed in following folder:

C:\Program Files\Windows Vista Hardware Assessment

I hope the above information is helpful to you.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Manfred Zhuang(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

This newsgroup only focuses on Vista Hardware Assessment technical issues.
If you have issues regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in
the corresponding newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient
and timely manner. You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

issue.

Arno Bost

RE: How to Remove WVHA Beta?
Great support! Thx a lot, mission accomplished! Arno.

"Manfred Zhuang [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
>
> When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
> "Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
> any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
> please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
> issue.
>
> Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
> provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
> different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
> so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
>
> For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
> check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
>
> Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.

Manfred Zhuang [MSFT]

RE: How to Remove WVHA Beta?
Hello Arno,

I'm glad to hear that things are working correctly for you now. Please do
not hesitate to post in this great newsgroup if you need any assistance in
the future. I look forward to working with you again.

Thank you and have a nice day,