Transcode Canon Vixia HF G10 AVCHD to ProRes for FCP X smooth editing

jssqmaty is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Transcode Canon Vixia HF G10 AVCHD to ProRes for FCP X smooth editing

I have just got a Canon Vixia HF G10 camcorder. And I am planning to take it on a trip. Just now I’m trying to get the recording from it into Final Cut Pro, but without much success, that is, I can get the Canon to show up on my desktop, but can’t seem to get FCP X on my Mountain Lion to capture the video from the camera using the USB Cable that came with the camera.

Searched widely and I got know, that VIXIA HF G10 brings professional capabilities; however, AVCHD is highly compressed and not ideal for editing with Final Cut Pro. Although, Apple has claimed FCP X can natively support AVCHD files, but in fact it can not support AVCHD files from all the camcorders and with many problems less success just like the issues occurred on this VIXIA HF G10. Since Apple ProRes is the codec natively supported by FCP, you’d better transcode Canon VIXIA HF G10 AVCHD footage to ProRes 422 encoded MOV for FCP X with some help from a third-party software.

To achieve your goal smoothly, you're recommended to try Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac which is one of the best Mac compatible AVCHD conversion tool I've found and applied. I’ve used it to convert the 1080p AVCHD from my Canon Vixia HF G10 to ProRes 422 for FCP X successfully. Plus, this Mac Canon AVCHD Converter can also help you to convert Canon AVCHD to iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Express, with various preset video formats for editing software. Very intuitive and easy to use. Also, you can use it as a Mac editor to deinterlace the original 1080i footages, crop video size, trim video clips, and add special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos. Just follow the guide below to import and edit your Canon VIXIA HF G10 videos in Final Cut Pro X smoothly.

Converting Canon VIXIA HF G10 AVCHD to ProRes 422 MOV for FCP X

Step 1. Install and run the MTS Converter for Mac and import 60p files from Vixia HF G10 into it.

Step 2. Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format.Here we recommend the Apple ProRes 422. It’s best for FCP editing.

Step 3. Click convert button in the main interface to start transcoding Canon Vixia HF G10 AVCHD to FCP X ProRes.

Some more helpful features of the app:

1) If you want edit in FCP X with best quality, you'd better select Apple ProRes 422(HQ)(*.mov).
2) Settings- click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to 20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p)
3) Editor (next to “Add” icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc.

After the workflow, you can smoothly get the converted Canon Vixia HF G10 1080p recordings to FCP X for freely editing without any trouble on Mac OS X.

Related guides:
Import Canon VIXIA HF G10 1080p AVCHD Recordings to FCP
Copy Canon VIXIA HF G10 1080p AVCHD Files to Sony Vegas for Editing
Import Canon Vixia HF S10 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac
Canon VIXIA HF G20 to Avid Media Composer importing issues and solutions