Does it route?

Rune

Does it route?
Can you discover PCs on other IP sub segments, is it routable? Which ports
sghould be opened in a firewall?
Robert Li [MSFT]

RE: Does it route?
Hi Joaquim,

Thanks for posting in our newsgroup.

From your description, I know that you want to detect workstations in
another subnet with Windows Vista Hardware Assessment. If I am
misunderstood your concern, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Based on my research, Windows Vista Hardware Assessment assess PCs
network-wide with Windows Vista Hardware Assessment to determine the PCs'
readiness for Windows Vista upgrades, including hardware and device driver
compatibility. The Windows Vista Hardware Assessment Wizard includes the
option to find computers using Active Directory? Domain Services or the
Computer Browser service. After the computers are found, they are then
inventoried using WMI.

If you configured correct routing table and the communication can be
successfully between subnets, you can use Windows Vista Hardware Assessment
detect the workstation successfully.

For more information, please refer to:

Windows Vista Deployment Features and Improvements
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa905068.aspx

If you have firewall installed, please make sure

ports 136,137.138,139 445 open.

Hope the information helps.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here: