Windows Vista Realtek Sound Problems

Ian

Windows Vista Realtek Sound Problems
Hey Guys/Guyettes,

I'm having a few problems with a fresh install of Windows Vista Ultimate. I
have an ASRock ALive-SATA-GBLAN motherboard, that comes with Realtek HD Audio
built in, but Vista seems to be having some problems using it.

In the device manager, it comes up under "High Defintion Audio Controller",
and tells me that the device cannot start (code 10)

I've tried downloading the latest soundcard drivers for Vista, from both
ASRock and Realtek's website, but to no avail. I've even used the add
hardware wizard manually, (adding the built in Realtek HD Audio drivers), but
even though it adds another device to the device manager, it has the same
error message (the device cannot start), and I still have no sound.

I've even tried uninstalling one of the drivers just in case the two devices
are clashing, but it's stll done nothing.

I've also encountered a number of BSOD's while trying to run media centre.
I'm presuming the two are somehow linked.

Thanks in advance for all the replies.
VRG Admin

Re: Windows Vista Realtek Sound Problems

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey Guys/Guyettes,
>
> I'm having a few problems with a fresh install of Windows Vista Ultimate.
> have an ASRock ALive-SATA-GBLAN motherboard, that comes with Realtek HD
> Audio
> built in, but Vista seems to be having some problems using it.
>
> In the device manager, it comes up under "High Defintion Audio
> Controller",
> and tells me that the device cannot start (code 10)
>
> I've tried downloading the latest soundcard drivers for Vista, from both
> ASRock and Realtek's website, but to no avail. I've even used the add
> hardware wizard manually, (adding the built in Realtek HD Audio drivers),
> but
> even though it adds another device to the device manager, it has the same
> error message (the device cannot start), and I still have no sound.
>
> I've even tried uninstalling one of the drivers just in case the two
> devices
> are clashing, but it's stll done nothing.
>
> I've also encountered a number of BSOD's while trying to run media centre.
> I'm presuming the two are somehow linked.
>
> Thanks in advance for all the replies.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

That is the drivers that I use on Vista 32.

VRG Admin

--
www.VistaReadyGames.com

aalaptop

"VRG Admin" wrote:

> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey Guys/Guyettes,
> >
> > I'm having a few problems with a fresh install of Windows Vista Ultimate.
> > have an ASRock ALive-SATA-GBLAN motherboard, that comes with Realtek HD
> > Audio
> > built in, but Vista seems to be having some problems using it.
> >
> > In the device manager, it comes up under "High Defintion Audio
> > Controller",
> > and tells me that the device cannot start (code 10)
> >
> > I've tried downloading the latest soundcard drivers for Vista, from both
> > ASRock and Realtek's website, but to no avail. I've even used the add
> > hardware wizard manually, (adding the built in Realtek HD Audio drivers),
> > but
> > even though it adds another device to the device manager, it has the same
> > error message (the device cannot start), and I still have no sound.
> >
> > I've even tried uninstalling one of the drivers just in case the two
> > devices
> > are clashing, but it's stll done nothing.
> >
> > I've also encountered a number of BSOD's while trying to run media centre.
> > I'm presuming the two are somehow linked.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for all the replies.

> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>
> That is the drivers that I use on Vista 32.
>
> VRG Admin
>
> --
> www.VistaReadyGames.com
>
> hi, i have the exact same motherboard and im using vista home premium 64bit.

i cant get the driver to work either, ive downloaded every driver version i
could find but everytime i install it i get the blue screen, white writing
and it crashes. in my device manager it comes up as 'unknown device'. i
really need to fix this, any ideas?

cjmos is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ian,

Did you ever manage to resolve this problem. I'm having the same problems now.

Thanks,

Chris
Rajmohan

Windows Vista Realtek Sound Problems
I get good sound only from my headphone jack and all other jacks available
for 7.1. gives very low sound even at the maximum volume. I am using vista
home basic on my hp pavilion a 1200 il pc which has inbuilt realtek 880
chip,I have tried installing the latest driver from realtek website but still
i get same problem.
i think everyone having realtek 880 chip has this problem with vista.
Please microsoft and realtek fix this problem soon.