Use sms2003 Instead of "Windows Vista Hardware Assessment solution

Palle

Use sms2003 Instead of "Windows Vista Hardware Assessment solution
is there any premade reports or other tools to use in SMS that does the same
job as the "Windows Vista Hardware Assessment solution accelerator"?

It seems strange to use this to collect info from all our sites all around
the world when we allready using SMS and have tons of data in that database
allready.

/Palle

Jacky Luo [MSFT]

RE: Use sms2003 Instead of "Windows Vista Hardware Assessment solution
Hi Palle,

Thanks for posting here.

From the description, I understand the issue is that you want to know
whether SMS can do the same job as Windows Vista Hardware Assessment tool.
If I am off base, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Please refer to the following link,SMS 2003 Service Pack 3 have been
released.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sms...packs/sp3.mspx

Upgrade Planning: Identify core and non-core applications in order to
understand what applications require migration to the new environment.
Software consolidation aids upgrade planning by reducing the number of
applications that need compatibility testing. Identify hardware assets that
need upgrading based on comparisons to published operating system hardware
requirements. The result is more efficient planning and streamlined
execution for upgrading users to Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Full Windows Vista Support

Perform software and hardware inventory for Windows Vista client computers

For detailed operation,Please post to SMS newsgroup.

More useful infomation about Windows Vista Hardware Assessment,Please refer
to the following

http://mslibrary/news/elecpub/domis/.../0407vhata.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sol...assessment/wv/
default.mspx

Hope this helps

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Jacky Luo (MSFT)
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to
assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
posting

from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!