Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Vista 32bit Driver

microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware assessment






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2007
Larry G
 

Posts: n/a
Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Vista 32bit Driver
Vista does not support Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 sound cards.
Does anyone know of a replacement driver that works with this card and
Vista?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2007
Terence Liu [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Vista 32bit Driver
Hello Larry,

Thank you for posting here.

From the post, I understand you have an audio drive is not supported by
Vista. And you want to find replacement driver for this audio card.

I have confirmed the audio drive Creative SoundBlaster in our HCL, it is
really do no in the list:

Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List
http://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/Default.aspx

As this device is not on the HCL list, the compatibility of this device on
our system is not tested and therefore its work on the Vista is not
guaranteed. It is better for you to consult/contact the hardware
manufactory to seek the further support for it and see whether they have
replacement driver for it.

I hope the information above is helpful.

If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to let me know.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Terence Liu(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

================================================== ===
This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.

Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
================================================== ===

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
| From: "Larry G" <lgrossma@optonline.net>
| Subject: Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Vista 32bit Driver
| Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:39:39 -0400
| Lines: 4
| MIME-Version: 1.0
| Content-Type: text/plain;
| format=flowed;
| charset="iso-8859-1";
| reply-type=original
| Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
| X-Priority: 3
| X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
| X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16386
| X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6000.16386
| Message-ID: <utBla3zcHHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
| NNTP-Posting-Host: ool-457088eb.dyn.optonline.net 69.112.136.235
| Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl
| Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment :64
| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
|
| Vista does not support Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 sound cards.
| Does anyone know of a replacement driver that works with this card and
| Vista?
|
|

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2007
Mike Hall - MS MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Vista 32bit Driver
Creative have taken a very hard line recently with all of their older
product range.. much of it is no longer supported.. if I was in your
position, I would change the card for another make altogether..


"Larry G" <lgrossma@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:utBla3zcHHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Vista does not support Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 sound cards.
> Does anyone know of a replacement driver that works with this card and
> Vista?


--


Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2007
James D. Howard
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Vista 32bit Driver
I downloaded these drivers for my old SoundBlaster Live Platinum
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utiliti...tivelive3.html and saved to my
desktop. Installed them on my second hard drive partition D: I named Music
and it installed once and rejected it but a few seconds later it said it had
prepared it for installation and ask to reinstall which went smoothly and
have good sound now with no problems. My older computer I installed the new
Vista 32 home premium on is as follows:

Tyan S1854 Trinity 400
Intel Pentium III, 1000MHz
1024 MB Ram
Radeon 9200 LE SEC
1024x768 resolution, 32 bits/pixel
Microsoft Fingerprint keyboard

Now how longer it is going to last I don't know but it is still working.


"Terence Liu [MSFT]" <v-terliu@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E4moOqPdHHA.4368@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...
> Hello Larry,
>
> Thank you for posting here.
>
> From the post, I understand you have an audio drive is not supported by
> Vista. And you want to find replacement driver for this audio card.
>
> I have confirmed the audio drive Creative SoundBlaster in our HCL, it is
> really do no in the list:
>
> Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/Default.aspx
>
> As this device is not on the HCL list, the compatibility of this device on
> our system is not tested and therefore its work on the Vista is not
> guaranteed. It is better for you to consult/contact the hardware
> manufactory to seek the further support for it and see whether they have
> replacement driver for it.
>
> I hope the information above is helpful.
>
> If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to let me know.
>
> Thanks and have a nice day!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Terence Liu(MSFT)
>
> Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
>
> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
>
> ================================================== ===
> This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
> regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
> newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
> You can locate the newsgroup here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
>
> When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check
> the
> "Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
> any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
> please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
> issue.
>
> Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
> provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
> different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In
> doing
> so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
>
> For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
> check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
>
> Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
> ================================================== ===
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
>
> --------------------
> | From: "Larry G" <lgrossma@optonline.net>
> | Subject: Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Vista 32bit Driver
> | Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:39:39 -0400
> | Lines: 4
> | MIME-Version: 1.0
> | Content-Type: text/plain;
> | format=flowed;
> | charset="iso-8859-1";
> | reply-type=original
> | Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> | X-Priority: 3
> | X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> | X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16386
> | X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6000.16386
> | Message-ID: <utBla3zcHHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>
> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
> | NNTP-Posting-Host: ool-457088eb.dyn.optonline.net 69.112.136.235
> | Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl
> | Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment :64
> | X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
> |
> | Vista does not support Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 sound cards.
> | Does anyone know of a replacement driver that works with this card and
> | Vista?
> |
> |
>


--
James D. Howard

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2007
Ronn Jefferies LL.B
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Vista 32bit Driver
This is so ridiculous. Creative makes 90% of al the sound cards and
somebody is saying to get rid of it?? That's crazy. Vista costs way less
than your good sound card.

I bought Vista Ultimate and have been so disappointed at both Creative and
Microsoft to get their act together. It is like I'm in the 1990's with
sound. Frankly, it is disgusting and a rip off. If there were god drivers
with XP, what is the problem. There is nothing now. If you really like
music you have to go back to XP. No one cares.

Ronn jeff

"Mike Hall - MS MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:OHdpD1SdHHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Creative have taken a very hard line recently with all of their older
> product range.. much of it is no longer supported.. if I was in your
> position, I would change the card for another make altogether..
>
>
> "Larry G" <lgrossma@optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:utBla3zcHHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Vista does not support Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 sound cards.
>> Does anyone know of a replacement driver that works with this card and
>> Vista?

>
> --
>
>
> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2007
Mike Hall - MS MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Vista 32bit Driver
It is Creative's choice to do this.. they produced the drivers that enabled
them to work in XP, but they are not doing the same for Vista.. My guess is
that Creative see it as a good chance to get users to upgrade to better and
newer hardware.. take it up with Creative..


"Ronn Jefferies LL.B" <ronnjeff@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:8CAC4DD6-A799-4044-A154-C0FEB3349197@microsoft.com...
> This is so ridiculous. Creative makes 90% of al the sound cards and
> somebody is saying to get rid of it?? That's crazy. Vista costs way less
> than your good sound card.
>
> I bought Vista Ultimate and have been so disappointed at both Creative and
> Microsoft to get their act together. It is like I'm in the 1990's with
> sound. Frankly, it is disgusting and a rip off. If there were god
> drivers with XP, what is the problem. There is nothing now. If you
> really like music you have to go back to XP. No one cares.
>
> Ronn jeff
>
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:OHdpD1SdHHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Creative have taken a very hard line recently with all of their older
>> product range.. much of it is no longer supported.. if I was in your
>> position, I would change the card for another make altogether..
>>
>>
>> "Larry G" <lgrossma@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> news:utBla3zcHHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Vista does not support Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 sound cards.
>>> Does anyone know of a replacement driver that works with this card and
>>> Vista?

>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>
>>
>>

>


--


Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Creative Soundblaster Drivers today 30 May 2007 Cal Bear '66 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 05-30-2007 22:03
New Creative Soundblaster Drivers today 30 May 2007 Cal Bear '66 microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 05-30-2007 22:03
New Creative Soundblaster Drivers today 30 May 2007 Cal Bear '66 microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 05-30-2007 22:03
Error -Failing to update driver with Vista 32bit and 64bit systems =?Utf-8?B?RXRjaGVy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 03-20-2007 01:04
Use XP driver in Vista? 32bit vs 64bit? Noozer microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 13 03-07-2007 00:56




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:37.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120