windows update

kurtis

windows update
does windows update other parts of your computer like if i have a tv tuner
will windows update gave me updates for it?

Ben

Re: windows update
Yes it should do but always make sure you check the 'optional updates' in
windows update as they sometimes hide there

"kurtis" <kurtwii@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> does windows update other parts of your computer like if i have a tv tuner
> will windows update gave me updates for it?

Terence Liu [MSFT]

Re: windows update
Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting here. And thanks for Ben's inputs.

According to your description, I understand that you want to know whether
windows update can update the TV tuner on your Vista system. If I have
misunderstood the problem, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Based on my research, Microsoft will publish the hotfix about TV tuner on
Vista system. Therefore, windows update can update the TV tuner on your
vista.

Now, we can find one hotfix relate to TV tuner on Vista:

Windows Media Center does not correctly configure a combo TV tuner that
supports both ATSC and NTSC signals on a Windows Vista-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=929011

Note: You can get this hotfix via call our CSS

For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone
numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft
Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

Hope these steps will give you some help.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Terence Liu(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

issue.

--------------------
| From: "Ben" <ou@wish.com>
| Subject: Re: windows update
| Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:29:10 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
|
| Yes it should do but always make sure you check the 'optional updates' in
| windows update as they sometimes hide there
|

| "kurtis" <kurtwii@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > does windows update other parts of your computer like if i have a tv
tuner
| > will windows update gave me updates for it?

pete

Re: windows update
Its been my experience that non MS products are better updated from the
manufacturer's website.
Windows Update will in most cases(if the manufacturer has given the update
to MS) tell you there is an update.....but by the time MS checks and double
checks(all that certification comes at a price) the manufacturer already has
3 more newer updates on their website.
peter