Epson R300 Vista drivers USELESS. Doesnt work

Phil

Epson R300 Vista drivers USELESS. Doesnt work
So I tried to put XP drivers on - still no go.
At present I have 3 printers showing - all the same printer, cant get rid of
ANY of them (thanks Vista) showing "error deleting" and it just wont print.
Tried to get in touch with Epson - no help WHATSOEVER. they just say "Vista
has drivers - we're not doing any" that the Vista drivers DOESN'T work
doesnt seem to bother Epson.

Can anyone help ??????

PLEASE ?

Phil

Re: Epson R300 Vista drivers USELESS. Doesnt work

"Phil" <philk3@gmail.com> wrote in message
newsCE5CDEC-304F-489B-B4C6-538D7EA00B03@microsoft.com...
> So I tried to put XP drivers on - still no go.
> At present I have 3 printers showing - all the same printer, cant get rid
> of ANY of them (thanks Vista) showing "error deleting" and it just wont
> print.
> Tried to get in touch with Epson - no help WHATSOEVER. they just say
> "Vista has drivers - we're not doing any" that the Vista drivers DOESN'T
> work doesnt seem to bother Epson.
>
> Can anyone help ??????
>
> PLEASE ?

#
My - lots of help here, eh ?
Whoops - theres a tumbleweed blowing down this subject.....

Jacky Luo [MSFT]

Re: Epson R300 Vista drivers USELESS. Doesnt work
Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting here.

From the description, I understand the issue is that you want to uninstall
the printer and install the vista drivers of epson R300. If I am off base,
please don't hesitate to let me know.

Let us refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

Step 1:

Please confirm if the use account belongs to the local administrator group.

Step 2:
==========
Please try to stop/restart Print Spooler service and reboot the problematic
machine to test the issue again.

Step 3:

I would suggest we perform the following steps to manually delete the
printer drivers:

NOTES:
a) Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may
require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee
that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be
solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

b) Using this method will remove all of the printer drivers installed on
the system. You need to reinstall the printer drive in order for the
printer to work.

1. Log into the system as an administrator, click Start >> Run, input
regedit and click OK to run regedit.exe.

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print, click
Registry->Export Registry File on the menu, and export the current key to a
REG file for backup. (Note: You may double click on the REG file in Windows
Explorer to restore the original settings)

3. Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Environment\Window
s NT x86\Drivers, remove both the Version-2 and Version-3 keys.

4. Remove all sub keys under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Printers. (Do not
remove the Printers key.)

5. Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Environment\Window
s NT x86\PrintProcessors, delete any processor that is not the following:

winprint

6. Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Providers, delete
any provider that is not one of the following:

Internet Print Provider
LanMan Print Services

7. Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Monitors, delete
any monitor that is not one of the following:

BJ Language Monitor
Local Port
PJL Language Monitor
Standard TCP/IP Port
USB Monitor
Windows NT Fax Monitor
AppleTalk Printing Devices
LPR Port

8. Exit the registry editor.

9. Remove all files from the following directories:
C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\2
C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3

10. Reboot and install the printer drivers again.

Furthermore,Please go to epson official site to download the drivers

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...6322&prodoid=3
7368458&BV_SessionID=@@@@1333611542.1175252849@@@@ &BV_EngineID=ccdfaddkifgei
licgemcfjgdfljdfok.0&cookies=no&infoType=Downloads &platform=Windows&x=17&y=1
0

Note:This newsgroup is available for you to post issues and questions about
the use of the Vista Hardware Assessment Solution

your printer drivers is not related to the vista hardware assessment,this
is a reporting tool that will find computers on a network and determine if
they are ready to run the Windows Vista operating system.Please post your
issue in the appropriate newsgroup.

your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Jacky Luo (MSFT)
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to
assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
posting

from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Phil

Re: Epson R300 Vista drivers USELESS. Doesnt work
Thanks for the help - I discovered it was my own stupidity - they would
delete because there were print jobs waiting on them !
Then getting the printer to work - the damn usb lead had come out at the
back - thats why it wouldnt print !!!!

""Jacky Luo [MSFT]"" <v-jaluo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsv4dc2rcHHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...
> Hi Phil,
>
> Thanks for posting here.
>
> From the description, I understand the issue is that you want to uninstall
> the printer and install the vista drivers of epson R300. If I am off base,
> please don't hesitate to let me know.
>
> Let us refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
>

> Step 1:

041> +
0
> [...]
>
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
>

> your understanding is greatly appreciated.
>

> Have a nice day!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jacky Luo (MSFT)
> Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

> ================================================== ==
> PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to
> assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
> We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
> posting
>
> from the web interface: Partner Feedback
> from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

????