Use in Workgroup Only?

RGBean

Use in Workgroup Only?
I thought I 'd try the Hardware Assessment app on my home network before
turning it loose at work, but it doesn't seem to like a workgroup only
setup. What have I missed?

Rick

Jane C

Re: Use in Workgroup Only?
It should work fine in a home network situation - I ran it on our home
network with no problems whatsoever. I assume that you have the
prerequisite Office and SQL installed. You will need an Admin account, with
password, on all of the pcs on your network.

Were you getting any specific errors?

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"RGBean" <rgbean@NOSPAMmelange-inc.com> wrote in message
>I thought I 'd try the Hardware Assessment app on my home network before
>turning it loose at work, but it doesn't seem to like a workgroup only
>setup. What have I missed?
>
> Rick

RGBean

Re: Use in Workgroup Only?
Jane,
I can't get past the Active Directory Inventory form. It insists on a Domain
before the "Next" becomes enabled.

Rick

"Jane C" <jellybean@NOSPAMxjgarage.org> wrote in message
> It should work fine in a home network situation - I ran it on our home
> network with no problems whatsoever. I assume that you have the
> prerequisite Office and SQL installed. You will need an Admin account,
> with password, on all of the pcs on your network.
>
> Were you getting any specific errors?
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> "RGBean" <rgbean@NOSPAMmelange-inc.com> wrote in message
>>I thought I 'd try the Hardware Assessment app on my home network before
>>turning it loose at work, but it doesn't seem to like a workgroup only
>>setup. What have I missed?
>>
>> Rick

Jane C

Re: Use in Workgroup Only?
Rick,

On the Actions to Perform box, uncheck 'Use Active Directory Domain
Services'. On the next box, it should just detect your workgroup.

--
> Jane,
> I can't get past the Active Directory Inventory form. It insists on a
> Domain before the "Next" becomes enabled.
>
> Rick
>
> "Jane C" <jellybean@NOSPAMxjgarage.org> wrote in message
>> It should work fine in a home network situation - I ran it on our home
>> network with no problems whatsoever. I assume that you have the
>> prerequisite Office and SQL installed. You will need an Admin account,
>> with password, on all of the pcs on your network.
>>
>> Were you getting any specific errors?
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
>> "RGBean" <rgbean@NOSPAMmelange-inc.com> wrote in message
>>>I thought I 'd try the Hardware Assessment app on my home network before
>>>turning it loose at work, but it doesn't seem to like a workgroup only
>>>setup. What have I missed?
>>>
>>> Rick

RGBean

Re: Use in Workgroup Only?
Jane,
Color me red, just like this message appears in Windows Mail. I guess I
should follow my oft given advice to really understand the options you pick
or allow to be defaulted. Thanks, it's just completed!